Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you plan on keeping sanity on Thanksgiving this year?

Hunter_R

My recommendation is the eat Thanksgiving dinner before the game so that you can enjoy it. That way, after the Skins get their butts whipped you can just fall asleep next to the fire and not have to choke down bitter turkey after watching the team crap the bed.

When the schedule first was released, I skipped down to Thanksgiving right away to see if the 'Skins & Cowboys played each other. I was pretty excited for RGIII to get his first crack at this rivalry on the national stage.

While the Cowboys are proving to be an underachieving mediocre team in 2012 as well, they are simply not Redskins-bad. The way our defense is playing right now, I could see this team being blown off the field by halftime. Now, because it is not only a rivalry game, but THE rivalry game, there is always that off-shoot, weird chance that the game is close, or we actually pull off an upset, however at this point I am not even thinking in that hopeful kind of way.

The question is, for the sake of my own sanity, and the future of me being invited to family Thanksgivings...how do I temper my heated emotions going into this game? What can I do? How do I prepare myself for the potential embarrassing *****-kicking coming our way? This goes double, triple even, for those of us who suffer through the game by ourselves, watching the game in front of a room full of folks who can careless about football and have no idea or understanding why we seem to care at all....

I almost feel that I either can't watch the game at all and just DVR it while following the score on my phone just in case, or plan on bringing a lot of tupper-ware containers with me to make some to-go plates due to having absolutely zero appetite for the rest of the night.

Oh man.....Thanksgiving 2012 will be interesting.

My dumbass is flying down there. As a birthday present.

Yay.

Me too, my fiance got me tix for bday. I've already made peace in my mind that we will get crushed so I am looking forward to the travel, seeing the city and enjoying the stadium/holiday. Anything the Skins do positive will just seem like an early Christmas present.

Me too, my fiance got me tix for bday. I've already made peace in my mind that we will get crushed so I am looking forward to the travel, seeing the city and enjoying the stadium/holiday. Anything the Skins do positive will just seem like an early Christmas present.

You've got a keeper there; glad you locked her up!

I'll be there with all Cowboys fans. The stadium is incredible, so really go look around. The people are *REALLY* nice, too.

My dumbass is flying down there. As a birthday present.

Yay.

I'd love to ignore my team's play and prove my fan-dome by doing this but I can't spend this kind of money on something that looks like a terrible product. I'll be staying at home this Christmas against my previous wishes....

I understand your concern.

Archived