Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you plan on keeping sanity on Thanksgiving this year?

Hunter_R

I will be there as well, the stadium is a sight to see, BUT it is way too over the top... I have gone to every Redskins / cowboys game since the stadium opened in 2009 but when I go I get to my seat and DO NOT leave that seat until its over, I NEVER want to be in awe of anything that team does... SOME of the cowboys fans at the games are okay, BUT only a handful...

I do not feel good about this Thanksgiving game this year but we can always have some hope... Last time we played them on Thanksgiving was in 2002 during our 70th Anniversary and we came up short, I just pray that we at least give them a game this year.

Its sad to think that the last time we beat them in dallas was in 2008 at Texas Stadium

Being I quit drinking altogether about 8 years ago [ I know, whats wrong with me right? ] i'm thinking about checking the Christmas lights after the 4th drink.

The 5th drink I will be on a ladder attempting to hang them.

The 6th drink I will climb back up and make my adjustments [ unlike someone else we all know ].

The 7th drink I will be on a stretcher in the ambulance, singing Hail to the Redskins.

The good part is, I will save money from standing in one of the black friday lines to pay for my hospital stay...:silly:

Most of the time this is a game you can throw records, stats, etc etc out for....and it isn't out of the question to suggest doing that again on Thanksgiving, however our Defense is just so awful, I don't see the 'Skins winning this or any other game the rest of the season without the offense scoring 30 points.

Will be driving up to Dallas that morning, really looking forward to the game no matter of what our record will be. Only my second NFL game ever, and the first one was actually against the cowboys back in 2004, in which the skins lost. Hopefully it will be a great game, and the skins come out on top even if may be a meaningless game to win.

Bunch of friends getting together. Gobble down some turkey and stuffing ( prob same recipe as Joeknows). Talk about what we SHOULD do before the game. Scream at the TV during the game while we DONT do what we should. Make sure cooler is nearby for refills. One dallass fan will be present, Hopefully sing Hail to the Redskins for him till throat hurts. Eat more stuffing. Hail.

I'll be knee deep in the Eastern Ohio mountains with family, surrounded by Steelers fans which is always lovely. I'll be stuffing my face after we lose with as much comfort food as my belly can hold. I get too pissed off to drink when we lose but I will gladly eat my weight to try and feel good about something. Although we are a total joke at this point the Cowboys arent that much better. There is a good chance they will be 4-6 at that point. Considering there will be some hype in the air about RG3 returning to his home state it'll build up a little extra hype for the game. More often than not the games vs Dallas are 1 possesion games at the end. I think this will again be the case on Thanksgiving. I think we'll show up, give a respectable effort and then fall short at the end. I envision a NY Giants type outcome where we are neck and neck and then lose late. At this point, I'd be happy with that - which is sad.

Archived