Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you plan on keeping sanity on Thanksgiving this year?

Hunter_R

Not watch the game, and spend more quality time with family, friends, and loved ones!

RG III will do his thing, and so will Alfred Morris. But, the defense will disappoint, as they have ALL season. And, the special team plau will continue to be uninspired.

I'm not sure. My grandma's a hard core Cowboys fan, so not only will I probably have to watch it, but I'll have to control y emotions regardless of the outcome. If they lose, though, I'll probably be able to shrug it off. The Redskins always lose on Thanksgiving against Dallas. Don't see how this year will be any different.

Those guys can neither block on the O-line nor play cornerback. As for Bowe, he's not doing much on his current team either. WRs are very overrated.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

I'll just remind myself that every loss brings us one step closer to Shanny being fired.

Oh boy, I'll be in Baltimore with a bunch of Ravens fans. They're gonna be laughing in my face. Booze never weakens the pain for me for Redskins games. It usually fuels me up. I may have to forgo the pumpkin pie and have some "special" brownies for dessert. It's the only way for me.

My dumbass is flying down there. As a birthday present.

Yay.

Why do I have that image of you being the guy on the airplane on that Greg Jennings ticket sale commercial? :silly:

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 06:30 AM ----------

Actually, this game will most likely be a close game. Why, I dunno, but it seems when both teams are playing bad, the Skins seem to win. If the Skins were playing good and the Pukes were bad, then they would win, so actually my hopes are kinda high on this game...

I'll keep in mind that while I'm a fan of the team and always will be, I had no hand in making this godawful mess. Emotional distance is the only thing keeping me sane at this point.

You know, I truly believe that for me, the emotional investment I had with the team broke in 2009 when we lost to the Lions. Us losing to the 1-5 Panthers was no surprise. What a joke, we are playing like we always have with one of the most exciting rookies of our generation. We suck.

Me too, my fiance got me tix for bday. I've already made peace in my mind that we will get crushed so I am looking forward to the travel, seeing the city and enjoying the stadium/holiday. Anything the Skins do positive will just seem like an early Christmas present.

:ols:

I do that everytime i make the trip to DC for a game....just enjoy the CIty and have as much fun as possible before the game. :ols:

I'm going to put some tarp over my TV so it can block the drumstick that I'm sure to throw at it.

Styrofoam bricks.

Moonshine....

It just might require something that strong!

Cowboys being 3-5 helps a little :)

How 'bout them Falcons? Cowboys are sucking just as bad as us.

Hail!

We're going down to South Florida to have dinner with my wife's family. I think I'll DVR the game and just skip it. They probably won't be watching the game anyway as they are South Americans, so maybe a soccer game will be on the tube. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the in-laws. If we win, I'll go home and watch it. If we lose, I'll delete it.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 11:11 AM ----------

I am going camping, Wife booked it with family not knowing the Skins played that day/ maybe she is smarter than I thought? I have not missed a game since I can't remember, I hope the Sunday Ticket Mobile to go is linked up.

Go as far into the woods as you possibly can to make sure you have no bars.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 11:11 AM ----------

Cowboys being 3-5 helps a little :)

Our division losing does nothing for me anymore. I don't really care whether they win or lose anymore. I just want us to take care of our own business and stop relying on the rest of the division to lose.

My dumbass is flying down there. As a birthday present.

Yay.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 11:19 AM ----------

:ols:

sucks huh ... i mean, you should be so hyped for what appeared(s) to be a real cool present.

oh well ...

how do we prepare, you don't ... we are numbed by how bad this team has been for a better part of 20 years.

Go as far into the woods as you possibly can to make sure you have no bars.

Actually you know PJ you are right, I think I will just turn my phone off and DVR it and then do what you are doing. I have my family to think of and the food. I will be cooking anyway. A turkey in a smoker at a campground. I really think I don't have a choice, common sense says to do it, it might be hard but this is where I am at. The Redskins are not going to wreck, nor make this Thanksgiving, I need to be thankfully for my family.

I'll be there for my annual public humiliation. I was there last year when we blew the Monday Night game and I was there in 2009 when we blew that horrendous game and I was there in 2007 when JC threw the pick to Newman to end a potential game winning drive.

Oh, and I was there the last time we played on Thanksigivng in 2002.... My actions that day are now family lore.

I go, we lose, Cowboys fans laugh in my face. Both franchises suck by they suck less and they aren't afraid to let me know it.

Either we will beat the Eagles and I'll get really excited for the game and then we will get crushed or we will lose to the Eagles, I'll be "eh" about the game and we will lose an ugly one. Either way the results will be the same.

I'm an idiot.

Archived