Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

There is a strong sense around the league and fans that the lockout is ending very soon

NHL offered 50-50 split to NHLPA and NHLPA is waiting to accept

Even if NHLPA doesn't accept, it's a huge step forward in negotiations and the lockout could be ending very soon!

Discuss the '12-'13 season here

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 01:12 PM ----------

Ovechkin may not come back if NHL re-starts season :(

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&ved=0CFkQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprohockeytalk.nbcsports.com%2F2012%2F09%2F19%2Fovechkin-ill-stay-in-the-khl-if-the-nhl-cuts-salaries%2F&ei=kZV9UPbONdKM0QGtn4HoDA&usg=AFQjCNHsBAN96xQukaPf8pS4vatSZ2iLOw&sig2=qCy5aMlGzJ7LLLWYm22GDQ

Alex Ovechkin is threatening to stay in the KHL past this season, ... and the lockout ends, Ovechkin would be under contract to the Capitals.

Would certainly hurt Caps if he decides to stay in Russia, need him back as soon as possible.

The offer the NHL made to the PA is reasonable. If the PA rejects, it'll be a huge PR hit for them. The NHLPA has to accept, especially when the offer the NHL is putting forward is extremely similar to the NHLPA's original offer. The NHLPA could also theoretically reject, but offer minor changes which could be negotiated.

There is an extremely positive feeling about the potential end to a lockout very soon. All the NHLPA has to do is accept. Please accept :(

The offer the NHL made to the PA is reasonable. If the PA rejects, it'll be a huge PR hit for them. The NHLPA has to accept, especially when the offer the NHL is putting forward is extremely similar to the NHLPA's original offer. The NHLPA could also theoretically reject, but offer minor changes which could be negotiated.

There is an extremely positive feeling about the potential end to a lockout very soon. All the NHLPA has to do is accept. Please accept :(

Full 82 game season too - they definitely need to accept or make a counter quickly. A deal like this would do a lot to save face for the league.

It looks like the divisions will remain the same for this season. I hated the idea of 4 "conferences." This is what I would do:

Bring back the old division names and add 2 more-

Patrick- NY Islanders, NY Rangers, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

Adams- Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Boston, Buffalo

Howe- Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida, Nashville

Norris- Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Columbus

Gretzky- Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Winnipeg, Dallas

Smythe- Vancouver, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Phoenix

I loved the proposed realignment, hopefully we can see that next season. I would be shocked if Fehr accepted the owners offer straight up, he's proven himself to be way too stubborn to do that over the years, but I could see him quickly countering with something very similar.

Not that I believe Ovi or that the information in this thread drives the needle at all but I must say, I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally wearing thin on Ovi. I've got about 3 fingers grasping at the "I'm done with that ****ing guy" ledge.

I'm almost at that point too. Guy let himself go and wasted some of his prime years.

With the likes of RG3, Strasburg, and Harper, Ovie's star has really fallen. He was at one point the most popular athlete here, now he may not even be in the top 5.

Archived