Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

I've never really been a hockey guy, but living in Rochester, I've been following the AHL Rochester Amerks and loving it. So I guess by default I'm a Sabres fan. That said, I wish you guys luck and I hope to learn a bit about the intricacies of the game through this thread and other hockey threads :)

When can they do the two contract buyouts? I can't imagine much of anything will change lineup-wise this year with such a short amount of time before the first games will be played. I'm really excited to see what Adam Oates will do with this team.

Some possible good that could come out of this lockout is Kuznetsov being convinced to take his talents to the NHL. He watched guys like Ovechkin, Backstrom, Malkin, Datsyuk, Varlamov, etc. come into the KHL, dominate, and get treated like gods. Now he'll be watching them take off as soon as the NHL is back in business sending the clear message that there is one league these guys want to play in, and it's not the KHL.

Nice.

This might get me killed on here, but I hate the NHL 82 game schedule. Way too long. I sort of love the idea of 50 game season.

The NBA, MLB and NHL seasons should all be shorter. The one part of the new cba I don't like is the lottery system for the draft.

Isn't it largely the same?

Before only the worst 5 teams could win the 1st pick. Now any team that doesn't make the playoffs can win the lottery. Some good teams don't always make the playoffs and don't need to be eligible for the 1st pick in the draft imo.

Archived