Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

I feel like Tampa bay just has our number. We just don't play we'll against them.

---------- Post added January-19th-2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

What the ****.."embellishment"?

---------- Post added January-19th-2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

Woohoo sh goal

Ugh, Holtby is going to have to prove he can be a competent goaltender when he's not playing behind the Dale Hunter ridiculously conservative style. Also, lots of games to go but if they're only going to score 3 goals in a game where Joel Ward gives them 2 then I'm going to be concerned about the offense as well. I've had my concerns about the Caps going into this season but I'm hoping this is just a case of being a bit rusty. Hope Orlov comes back quickly.

I don't think the goaltending was all that bad. The only goal I think Holtby should have had was the first one, after that there was a deflection goal, a screened goal in which he had no chance, and three goals where a forward got the puck on his stick directly in front of the crease. There were a lot of goals that Holtby played actually perfectly, but sometimes it just doesn't go your way.

The defense... was not good. Far, far worse than the goaltending. Then again, they've only practiced for a few days and are completely changing systems. My expectations are definitely low for the first few games.

I'll chalk this one up as rust due to the lockout. Actually, I'm probably going to give them another three games win or lose. But the entire team just didn't look good. Sloopy passes and line shifts. Goaltending and defense I'd just like to forget about. It is nice to see our guys shoot at the net though.

Not if they don't make it to the post season which was almost the case last year,

I swear Hockey is the only sport where it is obvious people don't get it. I don't know any other sport with so many games where people talk about not making the playoffs after ONE FREAKING GAME.

There can be no intelligent conversation about last nights game.

We have a brand new coach and just came off a lengthened lockout.

In the case of last year our team got better as the team learned hunters style of play. This team will too.

As in EVERY year, we have a question mark at goalie and on our defensive make up.

As for this year, we will be able to talk after 10 games.

Archived