Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Southeast Division Champions Caps Vs. Rangers

ixcuincle

Ovi isn't going anywhere. We owe him enough to let him work out of this slump (also it's not like he wasn't a top 5 goal scorer last year) and fan morale would be near zero.

We still need a REAL shakeup (not just letting Semin walk) IMO but I'm not giving up hope on this season like a lot of ppl.

I'm excited about the additions of Wolski and Ribeiro (and I'm probably the only one lol)

I hope you guys know me better than being a troll. I hope you know that I'm not saying this, just to say this and is the reason why I gave myself 3 days to think about this before posting in here. But I think if we don't do much this year, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Ovechkin, especially if he looks like he has the last few years. He had an absolute horrible game Saturday and I know he changed positions, but he hasn't been dominant like he's been over his career. I don't know. I'm at a crossroads with him as I just don't even count on him anymore to be the main scorer. Crazy, I know, but he concerns me.

I arrived at that crossroads myself some time ago. To me, the further we go the more convinced I am that while his talents are great, his drive, passion and dedication aren't. There's just something missing with him both as a player and a leader. I don't know what the answer is except to be fairly certain that if we trade him it will be the act that lights his fire and leads to him taking another team to multiple cups. :ols:

this is their preseason and this is a new coach. Just be around 500 after the first 15-20 games. Hopefully after that you see the improvements from this team.
I like Oates, but I'm still questioning the whole idea of going with another coach with 0 NHL head coaching experience on a team that, IMO, doesn't have that big of a window left.

Hopefully we see some improvement, but there really isn't any area besides #2 C where I think we've clearly improved over last season.

Archived