Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Apology & A Promise

Mass_SkinsFan

Greetings fellow ES'ers,

Yes, I'm still here; and I need to apologize to all of you for the way I've treated you folks over the last couple years. The way I've treated the vast majority of you has been reprehensible at best. I've taken out my frustrations, and anger on you, and visited a level of general impoliteness on the members of this board that should never be considered appropriate from anyone. I've essentially used you folks as a punching bag to get out my own stresses and frustrations which I couldn't find a better outlet for; and whenever anyone has called me on it I've insulted them and put them on an Ignore list.

A lot of that probably stems from certain attitudinal and personality issues I have related to "control"; which is a reason, not an acceptable excuse for the behavior. I'm not looking for pity or even forgiveness. I know that I certainly wouldn't be of the mindset to forgive me if I were you folks. I just wanted to let you know that I now understand how complete and total of an ass I've been over the length of my stay here and how inappropriate it's been.

It has been made clear to me that if I wish to continue spending time here at ES these actions and ways of doing things need to change dramatically and immediately.

The ignore list has been done away with and will not be used in the future. Additionally, and more importantly, there is going to be an attempt to make significant changes in my posting habits and style. An attempt to be less confrontational and more accepting of alternative philosophies/beliefs and to not take my personal frustrations and anger out on the board. I'm not sure it's going to work, but I am going to make the attempt. If it doesn't work out, I will probably be permanently gone from ES very quickly.

To these ends you will probably not see me very much in The Stadium any time in the near future; and I'll probably be staying away from certain Tailgate threads that I would previously have been very active in.

Again, I apologize for my behavior in the past and hope that I can change those behaviors for the betterment of the entire board going forward.

MSF/Scott

Welcome back. If you feel yourself getting frustrated, do what the rest of us do... go over to ATN and beat on iggle/puke fans :)

While that's an interesting idea, I think the better one is going to just be logging out for a period of time until the frustration passes; lest the disconnect between my mind and fingers malfunction again and I end up really being gone for good.

I find it hilarious that the most stubborn poster on ES is conforming to what the mods want him to in order to stay. Good stuff.

It wasn't so much a direct, specific set of criteria from the staff so much as a general set of indications on what the problem has been, in their view, and further indications as to how close the staff is to being done dealing with the headaches they have caused, KDawg.

As I said, I'm not sure if this is going to work or not. We're all going to see together.

I hope it works for you. I've always believed that if you are unhappy you should be looking for answers instead of only providing them. There's some good folks and some dopes on here. Usually, the dopes are the ones that provide the wisdom.

that being said, always be on the lookout for the dwarf.

I do not like this new and improved Mass_SkinsFan.

Seconded, while sometimes a little over the top, it made for some very interesting conversations. I even agree with alot he has to say, he's just very....how do you say it....blunt.

I do not like this new and improved Mass_SkinsFan.

Agred, I kinda liked the confrontational mass. Mass, just don't lose your edge or views, they've been interesting, albeit entertaining for most, to say the least.

Welcome back!

Agred, I kinda liked the confrontational mass. Mass, just don't lose your edge or views, they've been interesting, albeit entertaining for most, to say the least.

Welcome back!

The edge and the views aren't going to change. What is hopefully going to change is the way those things are presented and the fact that at times I'm going to just let things go rather than engaging in certain "discussions".

Archived