Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

My wife likes to feed the birds. We have a squirrel proof feeder. While mowing the lawn this past weekend, I found feathers near the feeder. A trail of them went down the hill in our backyard and the head (only the head) was found at the bottom near the fence. Our neighbor has a cat that comes in our yard. 2 + 2 = murdered bird.

My wife likes to feed the birds. We have a squirrel proof feeder. While mowing the lawn this past weekend, I found feathers near the feeder. A trail of them went down the hill in our backyard and the head (only the head) was found at the bottom near the fence. Our neighbor has a cat that comes in our yard. 2 + 2 = murdered bird.

I grew up with cats. One of them was a former alley cat, and was borderline unstable, the other one was cute and cuddly. The crazy one one always used to hog the food, chase the other cat around the house, hissing like mad, and even hissed at a baby that my mothers friend brought in the house to show off one day. Even with all of that, I always knew that that particular cat was at least sincere.

The other cat was completely different. Perfectly trained house cat. No issues whatsoever (on the surface). Very adorable, very low maintenance beautiful golden brown cat. I came home from school one day though, and went in the basement, where I could hear it going crazy. So I go down there thinking that it was the crazy cat that was making all the fuss, but it was the model citizen cat that was down there, mutilating a big ass cricket. When it saw me though, it's cover was obviously blown, and it was looking at me with an "Oh **** he caught me!" look on it's face, completely surprised, with a cricket in it's mouth, and a leg on the floor. After that, it would always still pretend to be lovable and adorable, but every now and then you would see it torturing insects, swiping them and batting them up in the air, and following it up with a Pete Sampras forehand.

I have no doubt that it would've delightedly tortured birds and rodents if it were not a house cat, and actually went outside. So while one cat had "Issues," the other one was a controlled sociopath. It would also watch me sleep sometimes. I'd wake up, and it would be sitting in the corner across the room, staring at me. Cats are weird..

I grew up with cats. One of them was a former alley cat, and was borderline unstable, the other one was cute and cuddly. The crazy one one always used to hog the food, chase the other cat around the house, hissing like mad, and even hissed at a baby that my mothers friend brought in the house to show off one day. Even with all of that, I always knew that that particular cat was at least sincere.

Great story :ols: I love my cat even though that thing is certifiably insane but I wouldn't change all the quirks about it that make me laugh. Cats have so much personality.

That Mantis Shrimp thing isn't quite true, there are tons of aquariums with Mantis Shrimp in them, you just better not put anything else in there also most people use acrylic aquariums instead of glass(even though really only the largest species would be of glass breaking concern). Lots of people keep them as pets. The biggest Salt Water aquraium message board on the net has an entire section devoted to just mantis shrimp. I love going in and reading about them.