Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Biden Drop Out as the Dem Candidate? If so, Who Should Replace Him?

Jumbo

Should He Stay or Should He Go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Joe Step Down as Dem Nominee?

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I so badly want it to be Pete, but I'm not convinced he is ready (or that "we" are, either).

He needs to move up to something like Secretary of State (which I can see him killing at because of well he prepares and handles questions).

Going to keep speaking JB Pritzker name into existence.  If polling continues to go south for Sherod Brown, give him a call.

I'm with you.  Pete would be an awesome choice.  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I so badly want it to be Pete, but I'm not convinced he is ready (or that "we" are, either).

He needs to move up to something like Secretary of State (which I can see him killing at because of well he prepares and handles questions).

Going to keep speaking JB Pritzker name into existence.  If polling continues to go south for Sherod Brown, give him a call.

Can she beat Trump ?

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

So if Colin Powell (also Jamaican) is considered the first black Joint Chiefs Chairman and first black Secretary of State.... we're not gonna have these questions, right?  

Or does that only count for black Republicans?

No, just black women. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

I got a weekly recurring donation going now. Not much but no one else has ever gotten anything…..so symbolically it means something to the cosmos I guess lol

I joined the giving party!🎉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I got to say I'm impressed by the unity shown in less than 24 hours after Biden dropped out of re-election. Everyone other than Manchin is throwing their weight behind Kamala. She has the support of all 50 states delegate wise and for a party in disarray a few days ago, they are all fully unified. Best case scenario the Dems could have asked for, no more infighting, and near universal agreement on a candidate

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The fundraising, the excitement, the Republicans having a meltdown. 

Who here didn’t want Biden to step down again? Just wanted to see if you’re ok with all of this. 

I didn't want him to step down because incumbency is very valuable in this race. And he's been excellent. However, in seeing how he's been in recent days, so far from the SOTU, something was lost. It can happen overnight, I know from experience. And Biden is older than me. So is Trump and he's declined too. 

After thinking about it, Biden did the most remarkable political act since George Washington refused to be installed as president for life.  I think he realized that he's not up to campaign and run the country. I've also expressed that he should resign and let Kamala run as the incumbent. I'm not thinking that anymore. As vice president, she has more experience than the always golfing former president. First of all, she's not a narssistic ass only out for herself and the wealthy and corporations. She sat in the Senate for two years to cast the tie breaking votes for everything good that came out of Congress the first two years until the House became a certified zoo on one side of the aisle.

So yes, she's an incumbent in the most recent administration. I think that matters more than the golfing goof.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I got to say I'm impressed by the unity shown in less than 24 hours after Biden dropped out of re-election. Everyone other than Manchin is throwing their weight behind Kamala. She has the support of all 50 states delegate wise and for a party in disarray a few days ago, they are all fully unified. Best case scenario the Dems could have asked for, no more infighting, and near universal agreement on a candidate

Lets see if they keep it up!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I still can’t figure out if the democrats were really caught off guard by how bad Joe came off or if some version of this was the plan all along.

Joe tanked the debate to put this all in motion. 🤣 (no, I don’t actually believe that)

• Like 1

Just now, Ball Security said:

Joe tanked the debate to put this all in motion. 🤣 (no, I don’t actually believe that)

I just don’t understand how anyone was surprised by his performance.  He’s been mumbling and bumbling for most of his presidency.  Just wild to me that they wait until now to force him out.

In a way I feel bad for him, because he’s generally carried out what the party asked of him.  He goes out being the same dude he’s been and everyone bails on him for reasons they all saw with their own eyes well prior to the debate.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I didn't want him to step down because incumbency is very valuable in this race. And he's been excellent. However, in seeing how he's been in recent days, so far from the SOTU, something was lost. It can happen overnight, I know from experience. And Biden is older than me. So is Trump and he's declined too. 

After thinking about it, Biden did the most remarkable political act since George Washington refused to be installed as president for life.  I think he realized that he's not up to campaign and run the country. I've also expressed that he should resign and let Kamala run as the incumbent. I'm not thinking that anymore. As vice president, she has more experience than the always golfing former president. First of all, she's not a narssistic ass only out for herself and the wealthy and corporations. She sat in the Senate for two years to cast the tie breaking votes for everything good that came out of Congress the first two years until the House became a certified zoo on one side of the aisle.

So yes, she's an incumbent in the most recent administration. I think that matters more than the golfing goof.

LSF out here like 

rocky-iv.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That sounds great but let's not forget that 4 years ago she wasn't even all that close in the democratic primaries so this type of support is a tiny fraction of what she needs to win a national election.

Claiming trump is screwed because 40 thousand women are fired up is premature to say the least.

• Like 3

Just now, redskinss said:

That sounds great but let's not forget that 4 years ago she wasn't even all that close in the democratic primaries so this type of support is a tiny fraction of what she needs to win a national election.

Claiming trump is screwed because 40 thousand women are fired up is premature to say the least.

Yep and once again it depends WHERE these voters are. It means nothing if they live in Cali or Texas because those states are already determined.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I agree but if anyone's been actually paying attention to her over the last 8-9 months, she's become a MUCH stronger candidate imo.

Basically, she's found her voice.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep and once again it depends WHERE these voters are. It means nothing if they live in Cali or Texas because those states are already determined.

Texas is gonna be in play in the next couple election cycles. 

They need to give themselves a week or two to do some internal polling to find the best VP candidate.

My initial gut says Shapiro.  There's some downsides locally for PA governance but if he delivers the state then I think it's probably worth it.

Beshear, I dunno, he's so plain.  I know we're trying to find someone to balance Kamala and he is the balancingest of them all, but even still I just don't know if he brings any net positives to the campaign.

Whitmer, I think from a "would govern the country the best" she's probably top of the pile (with maybe the exception of Nancy Pelosi but that's a whole separate moot point) but I doubt America is ready for a 2 woman ticket.

Pritzker, meh, he's not bad but unless polling indicates he delivers the rust belt it's probably a no.

Cooper is probably too old at 67.

Buttigieg I would be interested to see.  He definitely can carry the messaging but I dunno if he actually improves numbers anywhere.  The one big benefit to Buttigieg himself is VP is probably the best path to him getting a real run at the Presidency.  He's unlikely to ever win statewide office in Indiana so he's gonna need to build his resume through the cabinet.

The polling will tell us.

Just now, Hersh said:

Texas is gonna be in play in the next couple election cycles. 

It's gonna be very hilarious when the thing that pushes Texas over is all the engineers who Elon forced to move to Texas who, unlike Elon, are voting and donating blue.

• Like 3

Cooper should be announced as the person that will be her AG. 

I don’t see how it’s not Shapiro. The only other possibility is Kelly but if that guy can be a Senator for a long time, that’s a plus already.