Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

15 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Why? I'm guessing you know why and are just playing devil's advocate.

That's okay, but just in case you are being sincere; I don't think most ESer's would approve, and would view it as a wasted pick, also I think it would send out the message that we might not be 100% convinced with JD.

Even if it didn't create an actual QB controversy with those involved, it would create a lot of background noise that could become a distraction.

I disagree completely. You need QBs and Mariota stinks having Rattler in place on a rookie deal would be good business. Mariota can kick rocks after this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

Magee is the kind of player I was hoping Peters would draft when he was hired. 

Great athletes who love to play football. I know that sounds overly simplistic…but we have drafted SO MANY guys over the years that failed to check both of those boxes. 

Welcome to DC…Mr. Magee.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am gonna go watch some tape on Magee. Because I didnt watch a second of him unfortunately. Athleticism and leadership appear to be what matters to Peters and Quinn. 

Me neither.  I had to make choices about who to not watch and leave off my rankings because I ran out of time, and LBer came down to either watching Magee or watching Nathaniel Watson and I went with Watson.  But I'm actually excited to go back and watch Magee.  Picking him gives me a reason to, whereas I probably never would have watched him otherwise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Conn said:

No offense but this invalidates everything else you said, you have no idea what you’re talking about here—to an impressive level 

We all have opinions, but they aren’t all correct. 

Yup my opinion and I stand by it… 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I disagree completely. You need QBs and Mariota stinks having Rattler in place on a rookie deal would be good business. Mariota can kick rocks after this year. 

They'll never do it, but Rattler is crazy good value at this point, imo. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Our defensive huddle is gonna be night and day different than under JDR....look at the speed and personalities we've added. Forbes is gonna have to hold up his end while Allen and Payne are gonna be pushed to greatness. If we do add any more pieces in free agency it'll be even stronger. We have gotten seriously more physical and faster on defense and much more intense given our coaching and player additions. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Scotty doesn't know said:

Magee just gives me Josh Harvey Clemons/ Khaleke Hudson vibes. If he’s a solid STer for four years, that’s not bad value for the fifth round.

I think you could be right but I couldn’t resist going back to an old favorite of mine:

IMG_3826.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Wait… JZNewt was a reach? On what planet? He had absolute first round ability but fell due to the run on QBs, OTs and WRs. In most draft classes he’s a first rounder. How is taking a first round talent in the second round a reach?

Isnt that the definition of value?

Yeah a reach for a position that pretty much was/is your the strongest position going into the draft… this team wasn’t/isn’t in the best player available when clearly the need was OT and remember the Ravens drafted a good 1 w/the 63 pick… hmm that guy was needed over a DT imho 

• Haha 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Rattler's a Saint.

Grumble.  I was hoping he would drop so we could grab him as backup/developmental guy.

Btw, I would DIE if the falcons used a 7th round pick on a QB.  If God truly has a sense of humor, that will happen.  For so many reasons.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Yeah a reach for a position that pretty much was/is your the strongest position going into the draft… this team wasn’t/isn’t in the best player available when clearly the need was OT and remember the Ravens drafted a good 1 w/the 63 pick… hmm that guy was needed over a DT imho 

I think the reach was the pick prior though I love the player a lot in Ruke. Newton was very likely highly rated on our board and for good reason.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree that we need QBs, but I don't think that we should draft another one, good business or not. I would rather pick a few up after the draft as camp arms and go into the season with Daniels, Mariota and Fromm/Driskol (sp?).

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think there may be some decent QB prospects who make it to UDFA

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I was one of the highest on Rosengarten on this board the past couple of months. But he is nowhere near the prospect Newton is. They are literally lightyears apart. It is why BPA is so much more important than need. Especially in the 2nd round. When BPA aligns with your needs it is a bonus. But there is no chance I am picking Rosengarten over Newton. 

• Like 1