Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

I'm going to stop rooting for specific players to be drafted, because they never seem to be the pick anyway. Hoping to just draft good athletic football players at this point in the draft. No OT is going to help at this stage of the draft, so I'm more focusing on CB, maybe WR and overall team speed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RWJ said:

@Skinsinparadise I know you liked Wiley as I did but Tanner McLachlan might be an option too.  Late in 5th or if AP trades does later in the draft.  

McLachlan was on my guys list so one of my favs.  As I mentioned he reminds me some of Cooley i'd dig that one.  

After he goes there is a big drop off.  As to TE, Jahiem Bell would also be interesting good fit to the scheme IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

We'll see. I'm obviously not really high on the pick, and honestly I'm not really excited about the draft so far to be honest.

The thing that has me is the lack of moves at OT. Honestly, I think they new they were going to take Daniels @ 2 for quite some time. But not doing anything to solidify both T spots seems like really bad planning. We have cap space, and didn't use it. I get going BPA in the draft, but now you have a young QB that is going to get killed. I don't like that plan.

Its pretty clear from what happened that they had a bunch of guys who went in round 1 they liked that they couldn't get any deal done to move up for and nobody on their board was close to rated top 50ish. Generally speaking, the NFL agreed with their evaluation. All the OT's went undrafted until the last 9 or 10 picks of round 2 went a mini run started again. 

• Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

They liked Brian Thomas jr a lot. Wouldn't shock me if, after the Jags moved down from 17, they tried to trade up for him. Unfortunately we couldn't quite get up to 22 and Thomas went to the Jags anyway at 23(great value by them).

I do think we tried to move up for Guyton though, but the Detroit/Dallas trade kinda effed things up in that respect.

Pretty glad we didn't do it. Very boom bust guy, I'm not sure he would've been worth the cost (probably the DT, the DB and something else). I expect Thomas to be great, but he has a much higher bust risk than guys typically that go in that zone, for me anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Its pretty clear from what happened that they had a bunch of guys who went in round 1 they liked that they couldn't get any deal done to move up for and nobody on their board was close to rated top 50ish. Generally speaking, the NFL agreed with their evaluation. All the OT's went undrafted until the last 9 or 10 picks of round 2 went a mini run started again. 

So why not be more aggressive in FA? That is literally what I was referring to.

Christian Jones

Spencer Rattler

Audric Estime

Those are the two guys I'd like but at this point it's kind of a shoulder shrug and "we'll see" regardless.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

So why not be more aggressive in FA? That is literally what I was referring to.

Who other than the Dallas cast off with an injury History was going to be that big of a difference at Left Tackle

People have short memories.