Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I noticed that too.  Actually both sides of him he had some older unimpressed ladies.  They looked pissed.  He was was very emotional but they looked less than thrilled.  What did they expect?  

I saw that differently. The lady on the left had tears in her eyes but was trying not to show any emotion. Maybe they're just reserved?

• Like 1

Just now, method man said:

Trading both seconds to get into the late teens to take Mims was a reasonable expectation 

I said elite. Mims has played 8 games. Why would we use draft capital to move up for a guy who is always injured to protect a guy who has the side profile of a green bean?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I want a complete enough team that things won't fall apart waiting for next year.

this fanbase is the one complaining all the time about the lack of "elite" players

our last fast skinny QB had ONE year and he was playing behind a good offensive line.  We has a **** one last year, and while we've upgraded some areas of it, we weren't able to do with with the most important position

I’m with you brother, I want an elite oline too. But the team has to be built the right way. We have 5 picks tomorrow, and a GM who has the pedigree to find guys to play. You have to let him do his job. GM is more than a title and a parking spot, he took the job, now execute. Find the day 2 / 3 starters, not burn a second and third for a tackle at 25 who may be there at 36. 

We hired an “elite” coaching staff for player development too. That’s the process guys. That’s the way the championship orgs do it. Can’t skip steps, and I don’t want them to. The fun starts tomorrow into Saturday, that’s where I expect Peters to cut his teeth.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Really? Like you thought that through and thought that? Or you had hoped we could do it? It seems like I’m being flippant here… but I’m not. Serious question.

We have 2 very high 2nds this year and other good players are falling.   Plus we had ammo for next year....it was possible 

• Like 1

Let's get some CBs off the board please.  Push some WRs and OTs down a bit.

On the other side tho, if OTs keep going, odds are good there's gonna be some good WRs there at 36.

Dang there goes Chop.  Woulda liked him, but had resigned myself that we probably weren't getting him if we hit the positions I wanted to hit.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Were you under the impression we would be able to go QB at 2 and still get an elite tackle?

that was the point of hoping to trade some of our five  picks in the second and third

At this point I’m kinda hoping we stay put and go bpa, for the most part but at the very least taking a tackle in round 2. We signed some older guys and we will need an influx of young talent to pair with them

• Like 2

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Chop is a baby-face!

Horrifying on a big guy

LMAO I don't know why this is so funny... Could be Knob Creek but a big guy being horrifying because of his baby bace is ****ing hilarious to me.  Thank you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

We could use one of these too

Yes, BUT, I kinda wanna just hit a bunch on offense this draft.  Set JD up to succeed.

That being said, there may be a monster CB there at 36, and we might not be able to avoid it.

I've never heard of this Chop guy but I can tell by the people around him that he'll be a success.

Old people are the best draft omen. They're the opposite of blond college chicks.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

PSU alum and fan here. No major lose there. He can play. But he is inconsistent AF. Does nothing for quarters at a time. 

The last high end edge we drafted disappeared for years at a time. So… upgrade.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1