Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OJ Simpson dead at 76

ixcuincle

14 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

This was why many of us POC were just like meh.🤷‍♂️ It was basically a do over after the Rodney King verdict. Welcome to our world.

The Soon Ja Du sentencing played a huge role as well but that was swept under the rug because politicians in Los Angeles wanted the focus to stay on the LAPD, which is easier for them to distance themselves from as opposed to the liberal female judge that handed out the sentence. 

29 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Just my opinion but I don't think CTE had anything to do with it. He was very calculated and very good at crafting a persona tailor made for the West L.A "aristocracy"  his fits of violent rage were reserved for Nicole. 

I'll agree to disagree on this one.  He was married for 12 years before he married Nicole and his ex-wife has repeatedly denied any domestic violence issues. I could see why she'd deny it in the year's after their divorce-- she'd just be his bitter ex-wife since he was still a beloved figure.  But she could've literally claimed anything in the past 30 years and we'd believe it.  The multiple DV incidents with Nicole were well-documented, but the fact that he didn't have them with his first wife lead me to believe something changed-- that's not typical of an abuser.

I always have and always will find it abhorrent that some people in the black community saw some sort of “victory” in him getting away with senselessly slaughtering two people (presumably just because he was jealous)

It’ll never make sense to me. I understand the issue with racism, but to champion that? Gross. 

edit: to be clear I totally understand why you cannot convict a person when the state clearly fabricates evidence against you. I don’t know how you can properly remedy that situation when the accused happens to also be guilty. But you cannot let the state get away with fabricating evidence. And my preference would be the people involved serve some sort sentence that resembles the one the accused would have received if they got away with fabricating the evidence. It’s the celebrating that I was referring to in my post. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll have to check the collection of old board games up at my folks house but the OJ monopoly game from way back when should hopefully still be there. Bought it at the Key Mall in Frederick Maryland circa 1994ish. 🤭

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7283/squeeze-the-juice

The game where lawyers get rich and justice comes at a hefty price.

You have just been selected as one of O.J.'s [Simpson] Defense Attorneys and given an initial retainer of $75,000.00. Your objective is to gain control of as many aspects of the trial as you can, then utilize this control to accumulate more of O.J.'s Defense Fund checks than any other defense attorney.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I dropped out of chemistry class the first day. Teacher was all "you'll have to memorize the periodic table". I asked if I could go see my counselor. So I was in etymology class instead. 🤣

I think I was in that chemistry class. I remember it a little differently though. My recollection is the teacher asking if any of us were there because we wanted to blow stuff up and you raising your hand and her telling you that you needed to leave and then never seeing you again.

I can’t remember the name of the teacher. Skinny, younger lady… Ms Hayes?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think I was in that chemistry class. I remember it a little differently though. My recollection is the teacher asking if any of us were there because we wanted to blow stuff up and you raising your hand and her telling you that you needed to leave and then never seeing you again.

I can’t remember the name of the teacher. Skinny, younger lady… Ms Hayes?

Nah some lil old lady across the hall from Ms Legards classroom in the science wing. 

I think I actually then went to small engines class for a couple weeks before eventually ending up over in Mr Chessons shop. He was awesome. Another teacher that skipped more class than I did. 🤣

I did a similar thing with Spanish three. The Safeway Dude was all "no more English will be spoken in this classroom" on day one. So I transferred to environmental science with old Chuck Norris to learn how to grow weed.

Also I had already learned how to make pipe bombs. My dad's boss taught me when I first moved out to Lucketts freshman year. 

Also who the **** are you?

image.png.ed5f2eee693665b978e2266e45461aad.png

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The Safeway Dude

Señor Wright. I bought 20 cans of whip cream off of him once to do whip its, and he made me talk to him about it in Spanish.

And yes, Mr. Parker was a cool guy. I used to change the picture on my badge like he did but my principal thought that stopped being funny after all the school shootings started.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Lol Leesburg Whippets. 🤣

I remember a rather husky dude from my consumer math class accusing me of stealing cans of whipped cream from Shoppers Foods Warehouse. I didn't steal them... I huffed them on my way out of the store. Then put the cans back on a shelf before walking out. Same **** I always did. 

Oh and just for the record I was never that kinda employee. I always allowed thefts and actually informed fellow students how to steal from Waxie Maxies when I worked there. $4 an hour my ass. 🙄

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Also, OJ killed those people.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jvs9jwxpcov0ovk6yn

Yeah the whole thing escalated quickly. Juice was the only suspect from the beginning and was set to surrender to police days after he killed Nicole and Ron. Dude was a wealthy star and when you're a star in America you can do anything you want, or so I've been told. 🍊

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The way story was told to me (as I was too young when it happened to get it) was everyone knew he was guilty...

The question was whether he was going to be the first black man clearly guilty and got off Scott free in our criminal justice system.

White people be beating the system all the time, why this first was bittersweet and not just another failure.

As I got older and saw him go to jail for something else kinda realized how much an asshole he really was.  But that moment was still an assbackwards leap forward in equality where finally if you have the resources you can beat the system, too, no matter what color you are.

I'm pretty sure his wife's family doesn't want to hear that ****, I know I wouldn't.

This is very accurate.  I grew up in a pretty well off area.  Diverse but the diversity was/is mostly Asian and Indian.  I remember they wheeled a TV into our classroom, I think it was computers/typing, and the (maybe 2-3?) African American kids in the class stood up and cheered when the verdict was read.  The rest of us were in shock.

I'm sure there was a society lesson in there that completely missed me at age 15 but I understand it a bit more now.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I was in Hong Kong when the news of him  running for the border in the Bronco happened. We had just pulled into port and saw all this news about OJ. It was on TV nonstop even in the bars over there. Unbelievable.

At the time all the white people thought he was guilty and all the black people thought his was innocent. So even though people were shocked at the verdict was it really that shocking?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

They never had another suspect, he was found culpable in civil court, he and nicole brown simpson had a history of feuds

not sure how OJ was able to fanagle his way out of that guilty verdict

Edited by ixcuincle