Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the second pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, Washington selects ... ?

Spearfeather

Washington will pick ... ?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who will we take with the second pick ?

• Caleb Williams
    • Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniels
    • J.J. McCarthy
    • Some other player

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 01:00 PM

50 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If you can't get excited over these QBs I have to wonder if you ever like any QB prospect.  You may be the only person I've read who has this take on the 3 QBs you mentioned.  

Yeah for real. If you can't get jazzed about this crop of QBs then no class ever will. There is no such thing as a perfect prospect and there never will be. All you can do is hope to take a swing at a blue chipper.

• Like 3

Maye. For those of you that keep saying Daniels, we have no o line, you add to that a running rail thin QB and you have a recipe for disaster, if not, an injury waiting to happen to your qb of the future who will stagger team chemistry, development, and any chance for this team to rise above mediocrity. If we draft Daniel’s, we’ve seen this movie before. Besides, rgiii, look no further than Bmore, where the org goes as far as LJera takes them. If he goes down, their team goes down. We need studs across the board and not a one man team.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/22/2024 at 5:40 PM, BleedBNG said:

Why do people keep referencing Jahan Dotson as if he is a dawg?  He has a lot to prove at this point.   

21 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Our line is going to be far better this year, I think.

It's already far better and they aren't done adding pieces.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I’m not falling for it. Still going with Maye.

21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It's already far better and they aren't done adding pieces.  

It’s not really. We upgraded center, but we lost our left tackle. I’m not all excited about the new guard. He was a back up in Kansas City.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Whats frustrating for me personally is that the last three drafts, there have been guys that I've loved and every single one of them turned out to be real good and we didn't end up with any of them.

2021: LOVED Parsons. Obviously he was taken way before us. Really wanted Darrisaw or JOK. We end up with Davis.

2022: LOVED Olave(probably the biggest Olave stan on here). Also really really liked Hamilton. Unfortunately we trade down, pass up on both, and end up with Dotson.

2023: LOVED Porter jr and really really liked Deonte Banks. Also really really liked Gonzalez but didn't actually think he'd be available, and really really liked Darnell Wright but he was taken way before us. We end up with 90 lb beanpole Forbes.

And once again this year there is a guy I really really want and we're gonna pass on him. I hope for our sakes I'm wrong on this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Why do people keep referencing Jahan Dotson as if he is a dawg?  He has a lot to prove at this point.   

These guys live off of draft pedigree with casuals for a long time unless they’re extremely visible like a QB. People were still acting like Young was a stud until literally the SF playoff run when it became clear he was an empty skinsack who just happened to look like the prospect they thought would be a stud 4 years earlier. People who don’t watch these guys don’t know 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

These guys live off of draft pedigree with casuals for a long time unless they’re extremely visible like a QB. People were still acting like Young was a stud until literally the SF playoff run when it became clear he was an empty skinsack who just happened to look like the prospect they thought would be a stud 4 years earlier. People who don’t watch these guys don’t know 

Yep agreed. But Chad does know WRs and he's been high on Dotson for a while. I wanna see what he can do in a new scheme. He looked damn good as a rookie. Bienemy misused him and then put him in his doghouse. My guess is Dotson was one of if not the biggest guys that complained about Bienemy's style. I think he'll thrive in Kingsbury's more spread opened up offense.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep agreed. But Chad does know WRs and he's been high on Dotson for a while. I wanna see what he can do in a new scheme. He looked damn good as a rookie. Bienemy misused him and then put him in his doghouse. My guess is Dotson was one of if not the biggest guys that complained about Bienemy's style. I think he'll thrive in Kingsbury's more spread opened up offense.

I had the same thoughts about Dotson. I want to see him in Kingsbury’s system. Bieniemy was such a mess, he was somehow worse that Turner

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Whats frustrating for me personally is that the last three drafts, there have been guys that I've loved and every single one of them turned out to be real good and we didn't end up with any of them.

2021: LOVED Parsons. Obviously he was taken way before us. Really wanted Darrisaw or JOK. We end up with Davis.

2022: LOVED Olave(probably the biggest Olave stan on here). Also really really liked Hamilton. Unfortunately we trade down, pass up on both, and end up with Dotson.

2023: LOVED Porter jr and really really liked Deonte Banks. Also really really liked Gonzalez but didn't actually think he'd be available, and really really liked Darnell Wright but he was taken way before us. We end up with 90 lb beanpole Forbes.

And once again this year there is a guy I really really want and we're gonna pass on him. I hope for our sakes I'm wrong on this one.

Poor talent evaluation and poor coaching is a lethal combination.  We will be better.  There is always the possibility that another player winds up being better than the one we picked. Even so, if our pick winds up being very good then will be fine.  

I predicted Daniels several weeks ago, and I stick with that. Once we signed Mariota I felt that was pretty indicative of the direction we are going in, considering they have the same skill set.

Vegas favors us selecting Daniels as well, odds have shot up. I am 98% sure we are selecting him.

• Thumb down 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:37 PM, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

I voted Maye just based on upside, Daniel’s is more explosive and ready to play now but I just don’t see the guy staying on the field much. Personally I like McCarthy but don’t see it happening. The more I read about these guys the more conflicted I get lol

Daniels is going to be injured most of the time. Way too skinny

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:41 PM, PigskinPhat said:

Maye. For those of you that keep saying Daniels, we have no o line, you add to that a running rail thin QB and you have a recipe for disaster, if not, an injury waiting to happen to your qb of the future who will stagger team chemistry, development, and any chance for this team to rise above mediocrity. If we draft Daniel’s, we’ve seen this movie before. Besides, rgiii, look no further than Bmore, where the org goes as far as LJera takes them. If he goes down, their team goes down. We need studs across the board and not a one man team.

We have and will continue to upgrade the O-line....this is not Ron's show anymore. Comparing Daniels to RGlll is as unfair. That's no shot at Maye either, whomever we take will have an improved O-line situation for sure.

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Yeah, cause he is injured most of his college career 🙄:chair:

Take that negative jinxing bull**** to another fanbase.....

YES.....Daniels is the next Randall Cunningham, the S.I dubbed "Ultimate Weapon" back in the day. All QB's get injured, he just has to play smart and the coaches need to enforce that with him. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

YES.....Daniels is the next Randall Cunningham, the S.I dubbed "Ultimate Weapon" back in the day. All QB's get injured, he just has to play smart and the coaches need to enforce that with him. 

Players at ALL positions get injured. Dont mean people in our fanbase need to jinx the dude talkin like he's destined to have a injury plagued career. Yall putting bad luck on us with that jinxing bull****. 

I can see if we're talking about Pennix, who's had serious injuries in college, which has dropped his stock. Issues Jayden Daniels has can/will be coached out of him. He's not RG3.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Players at ALL positions get injured. Dont mean people in our fanbase need to jinx the dude talkin like he's destined to have a injury plagued career. Yall putting bad luck on us with that jinxing bull****. 

I can see if we're talking about Pennix, who's had serious injuries in college, which has dropped his stock. Issues Jayden Daniels has can/will be coached out of him. He's not RG3.....

Jinxes are not real. It’s okay to realistically talk about concerns we have with prospects. That’s a real one. No one is wishing injury on the guy. Simply afraid of his small frame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Jinxes are not real. It’s okay to realistically talk about concerns we have with prospects. That’s a real one. No one is wishing injury on the guy. Simply afraid of his small frame. 

Jinxes aren't, but curses are. Nothing was ever going to work with Dan Snyder. RGIII. Chase Young. Hopefully this really is a new era. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Issues Jayden Daniels has can/will be coached out of him. He's not RG3.....

He is actually giving RG3 vibes with the whole top golf nonsense and talking about where he prefers to play. His half hearted endorsement of playing in Washington did little to alleviate that fear. I am hoping the Daniels noise is just that.

But then again I wanted Russell Okung over Trent Williams, so what do I know?

Anyone else feel uneasy about the whole Top Golf drama still? Even in the video above Daniels didn't exactly exhume excitement about coming here.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it and all the past years of dark clouds in the Snyder era still have me on edge. I'd love Daniels or Maye to be honest,

I just feel Daniels has a bigger upside for how our offense will be run. I also think he has a much better deep ball and overall accuracy. 

As for the O-Line, I feel we will trade back in to RD 1 in the low 20s or maybe high teens and grab an OT. Our line is already better than what we had last year and a nabbing a top OT trading back into RD 1 this year we should be pretty solid. 

Edited by GardenStateSkins
  • Confused 1

analytics trending towards jd

1 hour ago, GardenStateSkins said:

Anyone else feel uneasy about the whole Top Golf drama still? Even in the video above Daniels didn't exactly exhume excitement about coming here.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it and all the past years of dark clouds in the Snyder era still have me on edge. I'd love Daniels or Maye to be honest,

I just feel Daniels has a bigger upside for how our offense will be run. I also think he has a much better deep ball and overall accuracy. 

As for the O-Line, I feel we will trade back in to RD 1 in the low 20s or maybe high teens and grab an OT. Our line is already better than what we had last year and a nabbing a top OT trading back into RD 1 this year we should be pretty solid. 

don't read too much into media hype 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateSkins said:

You're reading too much into it. Daniels is not a super outgoing type of personality. 

• Like 2