Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the second pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, Washington selects ... ?

Spearfeather

Washington will pick ... ?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who will we take with the second pick ?

• Caleb Williams
    • Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniels
    • J.J. McCarthy
    • Some other player

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 01:00 PM

I picked Maye because I am hoping the media is dead wrong so I can laugh at them.

But in actuality, I think it’s either Maye or Daniels and I don’t think they’ve fully made up their mind yet. 

The pick will be sealed by the end of the week after all visits are complete.  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I picked Maye because I am hoping the media is dead wrong so I can laugh at them.

But in actuality, I think it’s either Maye or Daniels and I don’t think they’ve fully made up their mind yet. 

The pick will be sealed by the end of the week after all visits are complete.  

I think Peters had his mind 99% made up when he's took the job. Whether that has changed or been influenced by his staff possibly disagreeing will him is what we probably never find out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I think Peters had his mind 99% made up when he's took the job. Whether that has changed or been influenced by his staff possibly disagreeing will him is what we probably never find out.

Eh.  I don’t think that’s true.  There’s no reason to have your mind made up before interviews.  I think he’s more process oriented than that.  They were going to do full work ups on all these guys, they have, there is one step left, once that’s done, he’ll decide. 

I don’t think any of the swirl around the rest of the NFL is going to influence him at all.  

Which is why if they pick Daniels, I think it will be for legitimate reasons.  

Did he probably have a lean early?  Sure.  But it’s much better if you just let the process play out without having your mind made up.  If you lock in on a guy you miss things.  That’s what Dan/Bruce did.  

Doing the opposite of Dan/Bruce might be the best approach at just about everything.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, tmandoug1 said:

Peter's loves Maye.

Maye will be the pick.

I think it's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is. Start making some real wagers with real consequences. Like sig-bets or something. I'm in! I'll wager something on the fact that I think it's going to be Maye. The problem is, I'm not a mean person. So while I may lose and be plastered with a horrible moniker like 'Califan007 The Constipated' for a year, I don't think I can come up with anything quite as revolting.🙃

On 4/14/2024 at 9:59 PM, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Well, the first stage is denial

LOL.

I went back and watched the YouTube of every Jayden Daniels throw and run from '23.  Honestly if anyone took the time to do that I don't see how you would not want him as your QB.  He does not escape trouble in the pocket the way Lamar does, but he obviously has great running ability.  He throws the ball really well. I have no idea where the concerns about arm strength and inaccuracy comes from.  The balls comes out so much more quickly than it does with Maye.  Sure they threw a ton of short passes but very few hit the ground, he throws a spectacular deep ball.  And of course he can flip the field with one big run.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

On 4/15/2024 at 10:33 AM, tmandoug1 said:

Peter's loves Maye.

Maye will be the pick.

Honestly I feel like Maye probably is who Peters wants, but Quinn's influence is overwhelming and he's gonna end up taking Daniels to satisfy his new coach.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Honestly I feel like Maye probably is who Peters wants, but Quinn's influence is overwhelming and he's gonna end up taking Daniels to satisfy his new coach.

I think you’re investing in this theory in your mind because you are already losing faith in the upcoming QB pick for this organization, but you don’t want it to ruin the GM for you—you’d rather be able to lay it at the feet of an attempt to please his HC hire that you already think they bungled. 

It’s an effective but probably inaccurate defense mechanism.  If Peters picks the wrong QB it’s because his evaluation was wrong. Quinn clearly worships the ground Peters walks on and trusts his eye for talent. The compromise tie-breaker won’t be going towards Quinn. 

• Like 3

Maye or JJ.  Made this post on 4/16 and will add to it after the pick is made.  Latest developments have Maye out of the picture and JJ still a possibility. Stick man, Jayden Daniels is the Secretariat of the QBs so the NFL social media say. Hoping for JJ now.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

Yeah I've also heard they will find the QB Kingsbury wants.    I understand the thought process but let's be honest, OCs leave teams faster than franchise QBs leave teams.  Same to some degree with head coaches. 

1 minute ago, PlayAction said:

Will this be the first year that the NFL does not break for a commercial before we pick? 

That really is amazing isn't it?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don’t think he will. I can see this point but I think Peters took the job to be able to draft Maye. Next Thursday can’t get here fast enough. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don’t think he will. I can see this point but I think Peters took the job to be able to draft Maye. Next Thursday can’t get here fast enough. 

Daniels got day to himself for a reason that other qbs didn’t.  

Does that mean JD is a lock now, no.

I think they are giving him serious consideration.  If Maye is other guy on their qb board; you’d think he’d get the same amount time Daniel’s did alone.

Maye is their with 2 other qbs plus there’s up to 20 players they are looking at.

I’m hoping it’s Maye and the reason we spent so Much time, is see if he’s worth considering. We already know Maye but want to see if Daniels can take the spot from Maye.

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Daniels got day to himself for a reason that other qbs didn’t.  

Does that mean JD is a lock now, no.

I think they are giving him serious consideration.  If Maye is other guy on their qb board; you’d think he’d get the same amount time Daniel’s did alone.

Maye is their with 2 other qbs plus there’s up to 20 players they are looking at.

I’m hoping it’s Maye and the reason we spent so Much time, is see if he’s worth considering. We already know Maye but want to see if Daniels can take the spot from Maye.

He didn’t get a day to himself. He came in the same day as 20 others 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I honestly never thought it was a coincidence.  Networks want to attract viewers and they felt less people cared about the Commander's pick than the Steelers.  

Your right, It wasn't a coincidence.

Our fan base was half dead and bottoms in attendance. If I was ever gonna pre-plan a commercial break, I'd want it covering up a team who's absence hurts the least. Unfortunately that means we qualified.

Hopefully that changes moving forward.

• Like 1