Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Right now Russell Wilson is in a dark candlelit room frantically tearing the needles out of his Sean Peyton voodoo Doll, and slowly inserting them deep into his brand new Mike Tomlin voodoo doll.

I feel like something weird is going on in Pittsburgh. You don't really trade for Fields unless you want to play him. He'll be a free agent in a year, so you should play him. Partly to see how he meshes with your guys, but also to see if he develops at all. But, you just signed Russell Wilson. Do I think Wilson signed somewhere to be a back-up? He's fallen off, but there are teams out there needing QB play (Minnesota, Vegas, possibly Carolina, etc...). He's expecting to start. So then what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

The Steelers got a significantly upgraded QB room for a literal bag of used footballs. 

Wilson can start and Fields gets time to work on his game behind him. Neither guy might turn out to be the answer but it’s costing the Steelers almost nothing in picks OR money to find out.

Youre right, and it's one of the reasons I entertained trading back and dealing for Fields. The Steelers will roll with Wilson and Fields while we could've rolled with Howell, Fields AND a rookie taken later in round one or two. We'd also have had multiple 1st round picks next year had we gone that route. 

I'm gonna watch both Fields and Howell with great interest moving forward vs. our rookie pick at #2 and hope that it works out better for us. Hopefully Peters is right about whichever QB he takes at #2.

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm gonna watch both Fields

You are not gonna watch him unless Wilson gets hurt. And if he does you will see the same terrible QB that he was in Chicago. Dude got traded for a comparable 7th round value for a reason. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I feel like something weird is going on in Pittsburgh. You don't really trade for Fields unless you want to play him. He'll be a free agent in a year, so you should play him. Partly to see how he meshes with your guys, but also to see if he develops at all. But, you just signed Russell Wilson. Do I think Wilson signed somewhere to be a back-up? He's fallen off, but there are teams out there needing QB play (Minnesota, Vegas, possibly Carolina, etc...). He's expecting to start. So then what?

actually I disagree.  Yeah he's a free agent. After 30 teams said they wouldn't give anything for him.  If you sit him after you trade for him, then you get to see him in practice and preseason, he gets to learn from Wilson and maybe decide he likes the team and it's easy enough to resign him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I agree, this makes no sense. So let me get this straight: the steelers are going to bench fields for the entire year behind russ, and then pay him all that money in the offseason to be their qb of the future when russ leaves after not seeing fields play at all on the team all year?

If he plays a certain percentage that 6th turns into a 4th pick as well, so even less reason to put him out there. And if theyre not going to keep him, why trade for him at all? Its not like his trade value will go up being a benchwarmer

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I agree, this makes no sense. So let me get this straight: the steelers are going to bench fields for the entire year behind russ, and then pay him all that money in the offseason to be their qb of the future when russ leaves after not seeing fields play at all on the team all year?

If he plays a certain percentage that 6th turns into a 4th pick as well, so even less reason to put him out there. And if theyre not going to keep him, why trade for him at all?

no, they're not gonna pay him all that money.  They're gonna let him sit and he's gonna have to sign a team friendly deal if he even wants to play anymore and then two years from now he might have the chance to make the big money

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, MrJL said:

actually I disagree.  Yeah he's a free agent. After 30 teams said they wouldn't give anything for him.  If you sit him after you trade for him, then you get to see him in practice and preseason, he gets to learn from Wilson and maybe decide he likes the team and it's easy enough to resign him

He’s an insurance policy on a rookie deal in case their aging starter gets hurt. 

If he had any potential to be a starter he would have fetched more than a 6th.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

no, they're not gonna pay him all that money.  They're gonna let him sit and he's gonna have to sign a team friendly deal if he even wants to play anymore and then two years from now he might have the chance to make the big money

He'll be a free agent next season. Why even stay in Pittsburgh? If Wilson stinks (very possible) and Pittsburgh makes no other QB moves then maybe he has a chance to start. Otherwise, why not go elsewhere?

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't believe some of our fans actually wanted to trade draft capital for Fields. He is awful.

I would have traded for Fields....especially for a low round pick.  He's got a skillset that you have to prepare for.

Worst case scenario is that you don't re-sign him and he turns into a comp pick.

Only reason we didn't sign him is because you need a backup that can help a rookie QB.  Fields is the guy in need...that's why he's sitting behind Wilson.

• Like 1

Man, that much ballyhooed 2021 QB draft class sure did disappoint. Four of those five first round picks are absolute garbage.

Speaking of disappointment, some of you should learn to love Drake Maye so you can avoid the feeling on April 25.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Can't believe some of our fans actually wanted to trade draft capital for Fields. He is awful.

Well I actually had mentioned it before but not for a 1st or anything like that, and 1 can agrue that anybody would have thought he would have gotten you a better return then Howell would … and it’s not like a Defense doesn’t have to scheme against Fields… I admit I was wrong on so many fronts when it came to Fields, I didn’t think he would get dealt, that Poles was just buffling etc… but I too will say (until he proves me wrong) that Fields has the tools to be a very good NFL QB… I dont think that us normal people who don’t play in the NFL and for fun push buttons on a computer or iPhone on a message board realize that playing under 3 OC’s in your 1st 3 seasons could be anything beneficial to your success as Fields did in Chicago 😉

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

You wouldn't trade a 6th round pick for Fields?? I don't think hes amazing or anything but currently hes better than any abs we have had since Cousins...thats worth a 6th round pick imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You wouldn't trade a 6th round pick for Fields?? I don't think hes amazing or anything but currently hes better than any abs we have had since Cousins...thats worth a 6th round pick imo.

Why would we trade a 6th round pick for an unaccomplished bust when we're going to draft a QB 2nd overall? We could draft a long snapper with that 6th rounder and still get better value.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Why would we trade a 6th round pick for an unaccomplished bust when we're going to draft a QB 2nd overall? We could draft a long snapper with that 6th rounder and still get better value.

And we can turn around and say that this #2 pick could also become a unaccomplished bust as well, that’s the mysterious of the draft specially dealing w/the QB… nobody knows 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

And we can turn around and say that this #2 pick could also become a unaccomplished bust as well, that’s the mysterious of the draft specially dealing w/the QB… nobody knows 

There's nothing mysterious about the choice between a newly drafted rookie QB on a 4 year contract vs. an already certified bust that nobody would touch for even a 5th round pick and has only 1 year left on his contract. Fields would be gone and fighting for a third string seat on another team before the Commanders would even consider giving up on their own drafted rookie.

You're fretting over a QB whose production is incredibly replaceable.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, gooseneck said:

1. S Justin Simmons (Broncos)

Is the safety position becoming less important due to the increased amount of short passes? Plenty of safeties are available, but Simmons is at the top. Since entering the NFL in 2016, no player has more interceptions (30).

7. S Quandre Diggs (Seahawks)

Diggs was a salary cap casualty. The team captain started every game for Seattle the past four seasons and is a three-time Pro Bowl selection. The 31-year-old safety produced more than 90 tackles in two of the last three seasons.

8. S Julian Blackmon (Colts)

Blackmon started 15 games for the Colts last season. The safety produced 88 tackles and led the team with four interceptions. He allowed a career-low 60.9% completion percentage when targeted.

19. S Jordan Fuller (Rams)

Fuller started all 17 games for the Rams last season. He produced 94 tackles, three interceptions (tied for a career high) and eight pass breakups

• Like 1

19 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

How much did you watch the Bears personally last year?  I do not know what the Bears are doing. I sure don't. But if you look at their roster and what they have done in this FA, they should have done that for Fields. That is my main point. 

I watched the Red Zone mostly so I got to see a lot of Fields over the past few years. I saw a very inconsistent QB.  The market has spoken and Justin Fields was worth a 6th round conditional and now he has to compete for a starting job.  The league has voiced their opinion on one Justin Fields.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

7 hours ago, Dexter said:

I would have traded for Fields....especially for a low round pick.  He's got a skillset that you have to prepare for.

Worst case scenario is that you don't re-sign him and he turns into a comp pick.

Only reason we didn't sign him is because you need a backup that can help a rookie QB.  Fields is the guy in need...that's why he's sitting behind Wilson.

and teams are generally able to prepare for it.  I heard that in his time as a starter the Bears won a higher percentage of games where his backup played

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

He'll be a free agent next season. Why even stay in Pittsburgh? If Wilson stinks (very possible) and Pittsburgh makes no other QB moves then maybe he has a chance to start. Otherwise, why not go elsewhere?

because it's been established that no one else wants him

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

not just draft capital, but a 3rd!

With the idea of building around him. His value around the league was less than Howell. That would have been something our old regime would have done.

• Like 1