Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

You just know Ron is gonna start putting the blame on other people if washington makes the playoffs with the roster that is being assembled He is so an arrogant that i can't stand him.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Now I know why my stir fry is just good but not great.  I do not dance while I cook.  

That changes tomorrow.  Bring on the funk, bring on the noise, we’re going to get down with this funky thing on the kitchen tomorrow!!! Stir fried pork, here we go! 

Here it go!========================================> 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Bram said on his show tonight he needed a wake up call as to how bad the roster was.

Well yeah.  He did say (and has been saying) the way they put the OL together was roster malpractice. 

But he was going on and on at the end of the year the roster was better than the record.  And it might have been. By a little.

But not much.

There will be 25-30 new players on the 53 next year.  Somewhat by necessity because half the team was free agents.

Bht I think it’s notable the only FAs we’ve lost who have signed elsewhere as of now are Gibson, Brissett and Charles.  Fuller and Curl will sign soon.  

The only guys we retained are special teams guys, Reaves and Crowder.  

Still, that’s ~20 players from last years team still looking for jobs. 

Ron built a crap roster.  And ESPN put him on tv talking about roster construction. And at least some people probably thought he was credible.  

Sigh.  

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

You just know Ron is gonna start putting the blame on other people if washington makes the playoffs with the roster that is being assembled He is so an arrogant that i can't stand him.

He’s just going to blame Snyder like Shannahan did. And revisionist history about all the players he wanted but somehow didn’t get because of Snyder. 

I wish he would go coach college where be might do a decent job versus being a ESPN talking head; no one should care about his opinions.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Caleb ends up with us it’s because he pulled some sort of Eli move. Wilbon is also tight with Caleb’s family and Wilbon is a huge Bears fan and has hinted that Caleb doesn’t want to play for the Bears. Wilbon also has a relationship with Magic. Magic having conversations with Caleb’s dad is not tampering.

Rales and Harris have clout for sure but they don’t have the star power and charisma Magic does. That guy can sell ice to an Eskimo. 

Magic is the key

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bram said on his show tonight he needed a wake up call as to how bad the roster was.

Well yeah.  He did say (and has been saying) the way they put the OL together was roster malpractice. 

But he was going on and on at the end of the year the roster was better than the record.  And it might have been. By a little.

But not much.

There will be 25-30 new players on the 53 next year.  Somewhat by necessity because half the team was free agents.

Bht I think it’s notable the only FAs we’ve lost who have signed elsewhere as of now are Gibson, Brissett and Charles.  Fuller and Curl will sign soon.  

Ron built a crap roster.  And ESPN put him on tv talking about roster construction. And at least some people probably thought he was credible.  

Sigh.  

You left 1 notable free agent that we won't have that probably is the most important. Mr. Scoota.

Stephon Gilmore makes too much sense right now.

They structured the contracts so they would have more cap space this season.  They have about 12-14 roster spots to fill, and 9 draft picks, so there are still a couple decent sized cap hits coming.  CB is a big need.  Gilmore is a veteran who has had a lot of success in the league and has played in DQs system.  

1 year, 7 mil.  Continue the theme of veterans on 1 year deals.  Draft a young promising CB to add to BSJ and EF.  

Edited by KillBill26

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Caleb ends up with us it’s because he pulled some sort of Eli move. Wilbon is also tight with Caleb’s family and Wilbon is a huge Bears fan and has hinted that Caleb doesn’t want to play for the Bears. Wilbon also has a relationship with Magic. Magic having conversations with Caleb’s dad is not tampering.

Rales and Harris have clout for sure but they don’t have the star power and charisma Magic does. That guy can sell ice to an Eskimo. 

I don’t think there’s a good chsnce it happens.  Maybe.  If it ever comes out Magic was involved in any way convincing Caleb to pull an Eli, that’s bad.  Talking to him or his father.  Doesn’t matter.  It’s wouldn’t go over well at all.  

• Like 2

I think we knew they would be active simply out of necessity. But we didn’t see this coming for sure. Measured, smart, and fiscally responsible. How refreshing!

• Thanks 1

Just now, CobraCommander said:

Still laughing at people buying that we wouldn’t be active in free agency.

Has to be the greatest bounty and talent of any FA in the history of NFL Free Agency or top 3 at the least.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think there’s a good chsnce it happens.  Maybe.  If it ever comes out Magic was involved in any way convincing Caleb to pull an Eli, that’s bad.  Talking to him or his father.  Doesn’t matter.  It’s wouldn’t go over well at all.  

We would probably get fined heavily and lose picks over it in all honesty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Still laughing at people buying that we wouldn’t be active in free agency.

Most of us correctly interpreted those comments to mean that we wouldn’t be stacking up blockbuster contracts just because we had the most cap space (unlike the Jaguars a couple years ago).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is a non zero chance and improving quickly since the combine. The fact that Caleb cancelled his visit to Chicago is a massive sign. The fact that the Bears signed Brett Rypien today is another interesting development. If they are taking Caleb 1 why sign Rypien? You would think they would get a vet with more experience to help develop the first overall pick. Sticking with Fields might be where they end up. Who knows. We will know in next 6 weeks max. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is a non zero chance and improving quickly since the combine. The fact that Caleb cancelled his visit to Chicago is a massive sign. The fact that the Bears signed Brett Rypien today is another interesting development. If they are taking Caleb 1 why sign Rypien? You would think they would get a vet with more experience to help develop the first overall pick. Sticking with Fields might be where they end up. Who knows. We will know in next 6 weeks max. 

would seem strange but also not a non zero chance they take MHJ first and stick with fields. Especially if they can’t get this haul all bears fans are hoping for

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If only someone could have foreseen that before the season started*

*almost every poster on ES foresaw it.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But not much.

Sigh.  

Yet folks in here are nitpicking All Pro Bobby Wagner and his “lost step.”  I refused to comment earlier but the Cabernet hath removed my inhibitions.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lovi said:

would seem strange but also not a non zero chance they take MHJ first and stick with fields. Especially if they can’t get this haul all bears fans are hoping for

Why would they not trade down to 2 and take MHJ? Even if it’s for a 2 and a 3?