Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m anxious about FA because of the amount of people pointing out that the second round would be a great spot for edge, safety and corner possibly. And I don’t disagree at all. They’re right.

But here’s the issue: that once again pushes linebacker and offensive line to “hopefully we can get a steal” territory. 

I hope we clear some of this up heading into the draft.

And what I mean by that is that we sign meaningful players in all of those places and we draft the best football players we can… rather than reaching for need anywhere.

Super anxious on those 2nd round selections. Things should be slightly clearer as we move through the start of FA as far as certain "need" positions become lessened.

Right now all I seem to be able to focus on is OL after last years ****show. I know, we need weapons to go with a shinny new QB...regardless of who it is and we need Edge, LB and all other the defensive backfield. My gut is a lot of the defense is hit in FA but would love a guy like a Wilson or Gray for instance. If they hold off on Edge and plan on one a little later in the draft I am a big San of Solomon. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Steelers among others have C as a priority. I would think we would be wanting to look at Cushenberry, James and Morse. I like all of these guys over Biadasz.  I too admit I wanted us to draft him, he was a a great value selection for Dallas.

Been some time since I watched Biadasz, I recall liking him but don't recall my general thoughts as to why.  I do tend to like Big 10 O lineman, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc

Standig on with Sheehan discussing who/what he's watching in FA -

• DE market could be tricky in FA (Allen and Burns tagged) talent drop
  • He's looking at guys in their 20's that could grow with the team and not necessarily aged vets
  • He's watching FA names where Commanders coaches have familiarity
  • DE Armstrong (DAL), LB Fowler (DAL), Center Biadasz (DAL), LB Al-shaair (SF), DE Bryce Huff (NYJ)
  • Large receivers like Josh Reynold (DET), Noah Brown (TEX)
  • He says maybe resign Lucas, pair with rookie but he'd go center and guard in FA (both Detroit guards are FA and coached by Johnson)
  • Curl may have over inflated himself, mentioned safty Kearse (DAL)

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been some time since I watched Biadasz, I recall liking him but don't recall my general thoughts as to why.  I do tend to like Big 10 O lineman, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc

What I recall the most negatively was he has good size but never played with great power and couldn't handle power rush. he did have a lot of positives based on all his experience but very physically limited...like many Centers

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see Curl’s daddy’s reaction when he doesn’t get as much money as the others. We don’t need grown men having their parents protect them on Twitter and what not. I would never sign a player that has this as an issue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I can’t wait to see Curl’s daddy’s reaction when he doesn’t get as much money as the others. We don’t need grown men having their parents protect them on Twitter and what not. I would never sign a player that has this as an issue. 

Not as bad as Eli Apple's mom with the Giants first pick but yeah....it's not right

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Not as bad as Eli Apple's mom with the Giants first pick but yeah....it's not right

I don’t remember what happened with him. That was a while ago. 

edit: oh, shoot I just read about it

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tells me that Dallas's OC FA is our guy.  Maybe not.  Makes sense he had his best season last year, has been dependable and is only 26/27 playing through next season and won't cost a ton.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Tells me that Dallas's OC FA is our guy.  Maybe not.  Makes sense he had his best season last year, has been dependable and is only 26/27 playing through next season and won't cost a ton.  

Cushenberry from Denver would also be good.

• Like 4

Without them number of quality releases this year a desire to get comp picks could mean the actual ufas take a while for their market to arrive

Edited by MrJL

25 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Still hoping for Ekeler on a team-friendly deal. Someone on the junkies mentioned Swift too which I thought was interesting

This is really not directed at you, just the idea/logic behind this post. 

Every year, we want high quality guys on team friendly deals. You can’t have it both ways. If we want really good FAs, we’re gonna have to pay them good money to play here. 

I still think free agency can be balanced, but I’m tired of signing the lower tier guys for reasonable contracts while we sucked on Sundays. 

We need to be prudent, but I’m ready to break out the check book this year. Especially since we will have a rookie QB and a ton of cap space. No more garbage bin shopping. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Every year, we want high quality guys on team friendly deals. You can’t have it both ways. If we want really good FAs, we’re gonna have to pay them good money to play here. 

I still think free agency can be balanced, but I’m tired of signing the lower tier guys for reasonable contracts while we sucked on Sundays. 

We need to be prudent, but I’m ready to break out the check book this year. Especially since we will have a rookie QB and a ton of cap space. No more garbage bin shopping. 

I am with you. It is time to snag a couple of high end pieces for this team. Snyder went from one extreme to the other. Early on he signed everyone. Later he signed no one. FA is a tool to help build a respectable team. Use it ffs.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am with you. It is time to snag a couple of high end pieces for this team. Snyder went from one extreme to the other. Early on he signed everyone. Later he signed no one. FA is a tool to help build a respectable team. Use it ffs.

I think we will but I also think we’ll end up signing mostly low to mid end Free Agents who have a chance to reach their potential in this system.

And we don’t have to sign a free agent in this offseason just because we have a roster spot open and one is available and we have money. We can find some next offseason as well.

Edited by NYSkins21

42 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

They will take Vet Min plus incentives and like it dag-gummit!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Still hoping for Ekeler on a team-friendly deal. Someone on the junkies mentioned Swift too which I thought was interesting

Jacobs would be my choice of the RBs.

HTTRW!

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Agree with this in general, but with the running back market so depressed, that may be the one position where we can in fact get a high quality guy on a team friendly deal.

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I figured with the oversaturated RB market + Ekeler’s down year we might be able to get him cheaper than normal but you’re probably right, it would take a good amount to coax him here, and I’m still for it if so. I’ve said it before he’s not built for a lead role but pair him with brob and I think he’d still be a dynamic 3rd down option. A rookie qb with a check down option like him would be very helpful when the play breaks down/everything else is covered

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

And we don’t have to sign a free agent in this offseason just because we have a roster spot open and one is available and we have money. We can find some next offseason as well.

Next offseason and the following offseason is where they might need a couple of free agents to get over the hump, because now everyone has a couple of seasons of experience with the new coaching staff

Maybe not so much this season, but by next season we should know if everything is starting to work out as expected with the new staff 

• Like 1

I am intrigued at Zach Moss as a potentially cheaper option... he's more pure runner but we were told the same about BRob and Perine.

We may well likely draft a small speedster but I am not sold on the Achane hype train craze Keaton Jaleel et al since they clearly ALL struggled to stay healthy. And probably cannot pass pro. Have the days FINALLY passed that saw OCs expect their scat back to pass protect, and simply get them the ball or out into space? Seems like it.

Try to fathom how many times a scat back home run draft pick was wasted because they were expected to pass pro like a boss, wasted away on the PS for years before getting cut. OCs appear to be finally wising up and learning how to get home run backs snaps without getting the QB killed. What the F took them so long.

image.jpeg.0a7458b36e826d2a169ae4464a9d409b.jpeg

• Thumb up 1