Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

lol…

To clarify, I don't anticipate it, but I could support the Front Office if they opt to build an elite backfield for their rookie QB, taking the risk on a talented RB in his age 27 and 28 seasons. Own the risk, but acquiring elite talent is my weakness, regardless of position.

Investing in elite RB talent has minimal cap implications, so even in the unfortunate event of a knee injury, you're dealing with a player consuming only 3.5 to 5% of the team's overall cap, likely off the books by year 3.

I can easily envision a top 5 rushing attack with Jayden Daniels, utilizing a mix of BRob and Barkley. Alternatively, it could provide reliable support for a QB like Drake Maye as he navigates the intricacies of the game.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Look deeper....on the payroll ledger. That's the big difference. 

Ertz is a baller, and a winner. Leadership move again. And he knows how to get open....great safety valve for a young QB. 

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

1 year $5 Mil(at most, probably like 2-3 Mil before incentives) is a fine deal. He's a solid, quality vet that will be a good stopgap and safety valve for our new rookie QB.

Yup, especially with the draft being semi void of TE talent.

They could still sign a Fant or Jonnu type or draft a mid round guy.

• Like 1

Ertz and Pritchard have familiarity too.

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/eagles-offensive-coordinator-brian-johnson-staying-nfc-east-commanders/563690/

Former Stanford quarterback Tavita Pritchard, who overlapped in 2009 with Zach Ertz in Palo Alto, spent last year as Washington’s quarterbacks coach

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 4

I am hopeful he's still got some gas in the tank.  If so, solid signing, fills a hole for relatively cheapish.  He's not Schultz but he can be a stopgap until we find our own Schultz.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

A dependable TE who is familiar with the offense is a good thing for a rookie QB.

He’s played something like 45 games in 5 years. I would assume the incentive are significant in his 5mil, making it a low cost move. We need another TE.

• Like 1

I did not know that Russ Wilson threw for 26 TD's with just 8 picks this past season. Had he finished the season as the starter he would've possibly sniffed 30 TDs. Someone is gonna bring him in, I could see Pittsburgh as a great option for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I did not know that Russ Wilson threw for 26 TD's with just 8 picks this past season. Had he finished the season as the starter he would've possibly sniffed 30 TDs. Someone is gonna bring him in, I could see Pittsburgh as a great option for him. 

Kenny Pickett will NOT be happy.

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Guys like Ertz are who we'll likely be signing. Older guys on short term deals to fill out the roster while we try to build the core of our team through the draft.

The core will be built in the draft but that takes time. You have to fill out the roster in the meantime. Going to take about 3 drafts to completely restock the roster.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 3

First signing to kick off the insanity in this thread. And I like it. Very low cost/high reward type deal. Ertz is uncoverable when he is healthy. Leads me to believe we are going to plug a few holes with older vets on short term agreements while we use the draft to build the team. Smart way to build imo. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this dude was running FA, Ertz would be the high mark of the off season.  He'd call it a day afterwards.

"Bring. Me. My. Ring. I'm a size 7. Make that **** glisten."

I was surprised that Ertz won't turn 34 until November.  I honestly thought he was older than that.  Good solid move, I've always believed. as posted earlier, that the plan is to sign several older vets on short term deals as they build through the draft.  

• Like 3