Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

57 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Maurice Jones-Drew's cousin. Good back-up / depth seems like.

How about special teams?  Anything mentioned about him?  

Amazing.  You go from our last HC and DC which were both LBs and we lacked their entire tenure, or they couldn't find talent.  Now our new HC has peppered this roster with LBs.  :)  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Amazing.  You go from our last HC and DC which were both LBs and we lacked their entire tenure, or they couldn't find talent.  Now our new HC has peppered this roster with LBs.  :)  

I honest to God don't understand how Ron and Jack just bypassed LB at every possible turn, entirely on purpose.  They took one swing at LB with Davis, and that was it.  

Both played LB.  And Ron had Luke Kuechly in Carolina on his best defenses, so clearly he knew they were inportant.

Of all the baffling things the previous regime did, the insistence to ignore getting a quality LB remains at the top of the list for me.

The malpractice on the OL was less baffling.  They thought they could sign second-tier guys and get away with it.  They did sign Lucas, Leno, Norwell, Turner, Gates and Wylie.  They also drafted a number of guys in the 3rd-5th rounds.  All of them were second tier guys (maybe with the exception of Leno), and that was their strategy.  Not a good strategy.  But you could tell they had a method.  It just wasn't a good method.

The absolute desire not to even have a full stable of players at LB was just totally confusing.  

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honest to God don't understand how Ron and Jack just bypassed LB at every possible turn, entirely on purpose.  They took one swing at LB with Davis, and that was it.  

Both played LB.  And Ron had Luke Kuechly in Carolina on his best defenses, so clearly he knew they were inportant.

Of all the baffling things the previous regime did, the insistence to ignore getting a quality LB remains at the top of the list for me.

The malpractice on the OL was less baffling.  They thought they could sign second-tier guys and get away with it.  They did sign Lucas, Leno, Norwell, Turner, Gates and Wylie.  They also drafted a number of guys in the 3rd-5th rounds.  All of them were second tier guys (maybe with the exception of Leno), and that was their strategy.  Not a good strategy.  But you could tell they had a method.  It just wasn't a good method.

The absolute desire not to even have a full stable of players at LB was just totally confusing.  

They outsmarted themselves and leaned into the "Buffalo Nickel" thinking they were ahead of the curve in devaluing the LB position.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is a tremendous picture....you may need to make this your avatar for awhile.....look at the cluelessness in that expression. If nothing else you can use this picture in the future as a response to people.....LOL. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Trust me, we're not the only team to go through that. I found it amusing that on the Dallas board, people were going nuts when we signed Bobby Wagner. They said the Cowboys ignored the LB position and DQ was getting most of the blame but after he came to  Washington and signed Wagner, they said the issue was with Jerruh and not DQ.

It feels good to finally have a competent Front Office, coaching staff, and owner.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This is a tremendous picture....you may need to make this your avatar for awhile.....look at the cluelessness in that expression. If nothing else you can use this picture in the future as a response to people.....LOL. 

I usually go with this one

image.jpeg.1ce661c1d479d9051fb3cc296d935f7e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Same , don’t understand how they ignored the very position that they played . Maybe they believed their own press and thought the front four was so dominant that one mediocre LB could cover it. As bad as ShanaBland thinking John Beck was a legit QB… actually that might have been worse lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Same , don’t understand how they ignored the very position that they played . Maybe they believed their own press and thought the front four was so dominant that one mediocre LB could cover it. As bad as ShanaBland thinking John Beck was a legit QB… actually that might have been worse lol

RR and JD were still living with the old belief LB's could be just average and be covered up by the DL and DB's. That's how their mark in the NFL...well they left a skid mark in Washington as well as their playing time. Almost had an arrogance about them with the position.

Very happy they added quality LB depth in signing Walker. Now hope they draft an LB in the mid rounds

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

I always figured that Ron fancied himself similar to the elder-Shanahan with RBs...but, with LBs.

He knew the position, knew exactly what he wanted, and could get top-teir production from a JAG...difference is that Ron was foolhardy in his arrogance, whereas Shanahan was a legit RB whisperer.

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Like 3

I know, Ron was at fault too...

However, I just want to add that they may have wanted to bring in better players...

But we had Dan Snyder as owner and F- graded facilities. That doesn't exactly help bringing in FAs.

Peters is a breath of fresh air, but don't get it twisted... A big part of why is Harris. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, RWJ said:

Six new LBs on the roster. Jamin Davis looks like the only LB returning. And if he doesn't pick it up, in a year, he could be gone too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Six new LBs on the roster. Jamin Davis looks like the only LB returning. And if he doesn't pick it up, in a year, he could be gone too.

Unless he puts up double-digit sack numbers, I don't think there's any question Jamin will be gone after this season.

• CapsSkins changed the title to Official 2024 FA/Trades - Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuis, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Igbinoghene, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas
48 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

Unless he puts up double-digit sack numbers, I don't think there's any question Jamin will be gone after this season.

I could see Davis being dealt at the draft if he has any value across the league, especially since it doesn't look like we're gonna pick up his 5th year option, just like we did with Chase Young. 

• Like 2