Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How can the Vikings get an A-?  They let Kirk Cousins walk and signed Sam Darnold.

That's like F----------

I was somewhat coming around to some of PFF stuff, and then this.  

Yeah QB should be like 50% of their grade. They fail. 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I can't get excited about special teams players or signings anymore.  I miss that part of the game but its all touchbacks and fair catches now. Ohhh the excitement of a possible missed XP.  Long live BMitch Mike Nelms and the return game. Yes I remember Crowder had that one.

I believe there are a number of new rules being seriously considered by the competition committee, that would, among other things, essentially make it less advantageous for kicking teams to use the touchback strategy.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen and it wasn't even the worst on our team. It's like Ron wanted to tank us, by tiering Howell and Forbes to a spit and putting them over the coals.

Forbes on AJ Brown instead of D'Vonte Smith? Are you an idiot? 

I'm not complaining lol, it got us to tank for the best class of QB's in decades. Fine with me, but yeah, so much of it was inexplicable. In a lot of ways, it was what I like to call:

Owner Malpractice 101's Lesson #1:

*Never give a coach or GM a "win or your out" ultimatum. If you feel that way, just fire them because, such an ultimatum is notorious for producing an absolute litany of dumber than ---- decisions with draft capital, and trades. If you think you may need to fire your GM or your coach, and you plan on giving them an ultimatum, ALWAYS, just fire them instead. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully to a rival in the NFC East

Whatever he is traded for, I assume Howell will get better compensation. I'm guessing a 6th for Ridder, and then maybe a 4th or 5th for Howell.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d argue the coaching level bar was dug into a trench and buried 6 feet below the ground last year.  You can’t help but get over it.  

It’s shocking to me how bad Rivera’s entire coaching staff was, too to bottom. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t have tried to surround himself with better coaches top to bottom.  

It might not work with Quinn, but he went out and found high-level, respected coaches to come here and that’s very different. We really haven’t seen that since Shanahan.

I can't tell if it was because of Snyder, or because the coaches we hired had bad reputations/were perceived as idiots, but yeah, no question, the DC hire reminded me of when Schotty brought in Jimmy Raye, like, there was literally no way, whatsoever, things were gonna go well with that DC, not ever, and beyond that there were loads of other problems. It was utterly bizarre, and the way Rivera handled the last season really gave you the sense, "he knew he was getting fired, had zero chance of retaining Sam, had health issues the previous few years, and decided to coast for his last paychecks". really felt like that. But again, I'm ecstatic that happened, if we had tried to bring new blood in, or tried to help him more, we wouldn't have a top 2 pick. We were 4-5 in November at one point after all, and at that point, the best we were looking at was a pick in that 7-12 zone. Im beyond thrilled we kept the idiots around and allowed them to tank the season. But that's a wrap, it's now time to build the right way (though I wouldn't mind one more bad year, filled with nice draft capital in '25, I think we need two quality hauls to really effectively turn this around, even if we hit on QB. We simply got way, way, way too little out of the past five drafts of value.).

27 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Apparently Simmons wants over 15 million a year and a guaranteed contract. A lot of teams are not willing to pay him that much hence why he is still out there.

He worth a decent contract. Get him at FS, upgrade CB. We’re in business, even before we get to the draft.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So will it be the Cult of Kirk vs the Heinicke Hive in the Falcons' fan base? lol...

giphy.gif

A Kurt-Tyler QB room is like every Commies fan's PTSD-inducing nightmare. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

Loos like we are signing Pittman as well.. does this spell the end for Davis?

Pittman does not play on D - he is a very good teams player, but that is strictly where he plays.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Moore was a 2nd round pick in 2021 who has just not worked out in Arizona. He averaged under 9 yards a catch last season on 40 catches - and he's a 5' 7" 180 guy who was supposed to be a super slippery slot guy and YAC threat.

Point is if we are looking at this to benchmark what Sam Howell might be worth its a late round pick or a reclamation project.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Point is if we are looking at this to benchmark what Same Howell might be worth its a late round pick or a reclamation project.

Yep exactly. No chance we get anything close to a 3rd or 4th for Howell. He has almost no league wide value or respect.

2 hours ago, jservs7 said:

So I heard we're addressing the LB position this year...

There's been a trend of playing with fewer LBs, in favor of more safeties / DBs.  Ronny and Del Taco saw that trend and basically concluded that you only need to roster one LBer.  It repeatedly added to our defensive ineptitude, and it seemed like everyone saw the problem except "send me my ring" Rivera.

...also, he was willing to trade up to draft a Long Snapper, but not a LB.... let that sink in 🤦‍♂️

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hopefully to a rival in the NFC East

I do find this a little shocking.  Both Ridder and Heinicke stink.  Like, really really really stink.  

But Ridder is $1.4 milly against the cap and Hallock is $9m against the cap.

Maybe they just need to move Ridder because he was the perceived starter and they need him gone because they have Kirk, and that's better for everybody.

I do find it interesting they are, for now, keeping the more expensive stinky QB though.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do find this a little shocking.  Both Ridder and Heinicke stink.  Like, really really really stink.  

Maybe they just need to move Ridder because he was the perceived starter and they need him gone because they have Kirk, and that's better for everybody.

I do find it interesting they are, for now, keeping the more expensive stinky QB though.  

It's bc Ridder has no m*xie

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So will it be the Cult of Kirk vs the Heinicke Hive in the Falcons' fan base? lol...

I think the Hive is going to be disappointed when they draft a guy and cut [REDACTED]

But, if there was a fan war of Kirk Jerks vs. Hivers with minor injuries and no mass casualties, I'm here for it.  

59 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Yeah QB should be like 50% of their grade. They fail. 

I think it's more "you sign Darnold to possibly play in games on purpose, you fail and everybody should be fired."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. No chance we get anything close to a 3rd or 4th for Howell. He has almost no league wide value or respect.

How would you rate this certainty vs the certainty that there was no way Wagner would come here?

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dang, Heinicke at 9mil?  Yikes.  I mean, I still have a bit of a soft spot for him, but that’s way too much dough IMO.  Good for him hanging around and earning… for now anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

How would you rate this certainty vs the certainty that there was no way Wagner would come here?

That's fair I'll take the L on that. But I would say there is always a chance any team can sign any FA.

Howell being traded for a 3rd means the league actually places some value on him and I just don't see why they would relative to what some of his peers(Mac Jones, Desmond Ridder)went for. Howell might be better than those guys, but not demonstrably better that he'd garner that much more compensation.