Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were not going for Queen. I think Quinn will wanna see how Davis does in his scheme. He made strides last year and he could finally break out with a real coach.

That's my take as well. I could see Davis thrive with this regime

5 hours ago, illone said:

depends on the team.

As of now, on this team?

Starter money. 

As of right now, Spotrac says he’s the 32nd highest paid OG in 2024 with a $5.3M average. Of course, that’s only if he maxes out each year… could be as low as $3M.

Our backup OT Lucas is making $3+ this year.

And the only reason why he’s that high is because there’s a lot of young guys on rookie contracts making much less (for now).

For instance, our other OG Sam Cosmi, who’s played a helluva lot more snaps/football than Allegretti and has a much higher pedigree, is making $1.2M.

He may start here… but that salary is commensurate with Replacement level player.

Which is fine… because this team needs some bodies.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I used to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.  I've talked about it.  But the problem for me was Ron then explained his signings and his line of logic over time.

The off season for example he did almost nothing in FA when he traded for Wentz.  He explained that was his budget.  That's on Dan.  But he thought Wentz was worth consuming that full budget more or less.  He was wrong on that clearly.  And he clearly could have negotiated a better deal where they didn't have to swallow the full contract as many NFL observers said at the time.

Keim later on talked about what LBs they liked in FA, including Barton and why. That stuff started to leak out.

Heck I used to defend Ron on skipping a QB in his first season.  But he didn't help himself when he explained on Sheehan's show why he didn't think highly of Herbert and Tua.  Ron couldn't keep his mouth shut so he would explain his mistakes and over the time you can piece together the pattern of his mishaps.

I do think Dan was a contributing factor for the bad FA classes.  But also over time I've learned it wasn't a coincidence that Ron's only good FA class was his first one, when he inherited Kyle Smith who already did the leg work on it.  Once he put his own stamp on it, he sucked.

Same logic with the drafts.  Jamin, Dotson, Forbes all dudes that many had has 2nd round talents.  Yet, Ron as Finlay said recently would tell the media behind the scenes yeah it looks unconventional but just you watch -- like he was more clever.  Same dude who crowed that he did the work on Wentz himself.  And it came out later that others in the building didn't agree with him.

In short, Ron was a good dude.  But "meh" coach and amatuer personnel guy who sucked at it.  Yes Dan made it worse.  I am not off of that point.  But I do put more blame now on Ron than i did then.  And I did start making this point in real time during the last FA crop as I digested another off season from him.

He left us with an awful roster.  And the idea that he thought it was on the brink of being a SB roster showcased how delusional he was.  That's why among other reasons he lost me before season 4 even started.

Many also had them as first round talents though, just a bit later than we were picking

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

LT: TBD

LG: Allegretti, Paul

OC: Badass, Stromberg

RG: Cosmi

RT: Wylie, Daniels 

7/9 OL locked in IMO. Assume we’ll grab a pair of OL in the draft. Also wouldn’t rule out A big name FA at LT … meaning RT comes via draft. Nice overhaul so far. 

There is no guarantee Paul or Daniels will make the team.  

We’re probably signing a couple more to compete and drafting a few also.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is no guarantee Paul or Daniels will make the team.  

This is the draft class to overhaul the Commanders OL and I hope we take full advantage of it. IMO, both Paul and Daniels are easy replacement candidates. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sinews said:

Aside from maybe Ekeler because RBs age differently, we're signing guys either entering their prime or on a potential upswing of their careers, and to low-risk contracts. 

Peters is approaching FA in the exact way he said he would for the most part (depending on if you want to call Luvu a "splash signing" or whatever), and bearing in mind that Harris indicated early on that we'd be active. These are savvy moves with a lot of potential payoff. 

Good summary. I think Luvu will be the big signing and that was to address a missing "heart of the defense" type player that Jamin proved not to be (through no fault of his own).

• Like 1

I don't want to get too caught up into FA plans based on draft expectations but the sheer number of tackles out there is insane and indeed there should be some really good talent at 36.

You also probably can't assume you'll find a starting LT in the draft either.  Starting RT, much more likely.  Wylie probably penciled in as RT starter but there's like 6 dudes AFTER the top 3-4 who I expect definitely go in the first who could end up being available who would challenge Wylie for that spot.  It's just a question of which of them is actually available when we pick.

• Like 2

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

I don't want to get too caught up into FA plans based on draft expectations but the sheer number of tackles out there is insane and indeed there should be some really good talent at 36.

You also probably can't assume you'll find a starting LT in the draft either.  Starting RT, much more likely.  Wylie probably penciled in as RT starter but there's like 6 dudes AFTER the top 3-4 who I expect definitely go in the first who could end up being available who would challenge Wylie for that spot.  It's just a question of which of them is actually available when we pick.

Investing in OT depth and help can only be a net positive, and can actually enhance the development of any OT's that they may draft, IMO. You can spend a little more this year given the cap space and then use Adam Peters' magic divestment tactic to get out of the deal later on, if need be. I just wouldn't want to go in to the draft without being able to pencil in at least a JAG at LT.

Just now, Bantu said:

Investing in OT depth and help can only be a net positive, and can actually enhance the development of any OT's that they may draft, IMO. You can spend a little more this year given the cap space and then use Adam Peters' magic divestment tactic to get out of the deal later on, if need be. I just wouldn't want to go in to the draft without being able to pencil in at least a JAG at LT.

Have the moves the NYG made on their defense upped the ante for us regarding our offensive line? I would think it did. Between Dallas and the NYG defenses in our own division we will need to seriously bolster our O-line if we want the rookie to make it through the season. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sinews said:

Slye suffered from the same affliction as many in Washington: head-scratching inconsistency. I hope those days are behind us. 

The thing is.. McManus isn't much better. Dude was woefully inconsistent last year. Compared to slye he has a worse FG% career wise.

37 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Many also had them as first round talents though, just a bit later than we were picking

Some did.

I liked Dotson and was ok with the pick and still am.  But I saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.

I actually liked Jamin, too.  But saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.  In the draft thread back then he was one of my favorite, "2nd round" players.  Not first.

Forbes I was ok with like Jamin in the 2nd round.   But saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.

In those three drafts.

Plenty including me wanted Darrisaw or JOK in the draft they took Jamin.  Both players have been studs.  Jamin's been basically a decent player, that's it.

In the draft they took Dotson, plenty (me included) saw Kyle Hamilton as a stud faller in that draft.  He's been an All Pro stud.  Olave has been great.  I like Dotson but at the moment it doesn't look good.

In the draft they took Forbes, most including me saw Gonzalez as the better corner, Banks, too.  But Ron likes going "outside the box".

As Finlay explained in his last podcast, Ron liked to sell at least to the media corp his unconventionals picks as him being more clever than most and we should just sit back and wait for the vindication. 

Even on Wentz, Ron came off defiant.  Other teams gave up on Wentz but Ron did the "anayltics" himself and doubled down to defend the trade during the season.  Obviously, Ron thought hey guys wait and see...

The comment to Keim before the season of if he's canned and they win the SB next season with his roster -- that was another wait and see and I'll be vindicated comment

Nice guy but he was clearly delusional as heck and incompetent at his job.

5 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

The thing is.. McManus isn't much better. Dude was woefully inconsistent last year. Compared to slye he has a worse FG% career wise.

He kicked a lot 50 plus, so that lowered his percentage

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, MrJL said:

So, the Chiefs underperformed at RTlast year and are now missing their swing interior Ol. Wylie can be had cheap

Patrick Mahomes shouts out Chiefs OL Nick Allegretti, who played most of Super Bowl with torn UCL

Chiefs OL Nick Allegretti reflects on wild-card round touchdown reception

"When you hear the way his teammates talk about him, you understand why everyone in the building is calm, cool, and collected, knowing Thuney is out.

"Nick (Allegretti) is awesome, man," right guard Trey Smith said. "Talk about a hard worker, a guy who really loves the game and brings passion to the game week in and week out. A guy that I've been able to lean on from time to time, early in my career, especially just for advice and different things to help my game get better. Definitely, a guy that can bring it to play after play after play." Link

He's tough, good at protecting a QB, can play G and RT, he's not another greedy FA, so why did they let him go ?

After Wylie, don't tell me the Walrus is playing us again !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some did.

I liked Dotson and was ok with the pick and still am.  But I saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.

I actually liked Jamin, too.  But saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.  In the draft thread back then he was one of my favorite, "2nd round" players.  Not first.

Forbes I was ok with like Jamin in the 2nd round.   But saw him more in the 2nd-late first in the mocks.

In those three drafts.

Plenty including me wanted Darrisaw or JOK in the draft they took Jamin.  Both players have been studs.  Jamin's been basically a decent player, that's it.

In the draft they took Dotson, plenty (me included) saw Kyle Hamilton as a stud faller in that draft.  He's been an All Pro stud.  Olave has been great.  I like Dotson but at the moment it doesn't look good.

In the draft they took Forbes, most including me saw Gonzalez as the better corner, Banks, too.  But Ron likes going "outside the box".

As Finlay explained in his last podcast, Ron liked to sell at least to the media corp his unconventionals picks as him being more clever than most and we should just sit back and wait for the vindication. 

Even on Wentz, Ron came off defiant.  Other teams gave up on Wentz but Ron did the "anayltics" himself and doubled down to defend the trade during the season.  Obviously, Ron thought hey guys wait and see...

The comment to Keim before the season of if he's canned and they win the SB next season with his roster -- that was another wait and see and I'll be vindicated comment

Nice guy but he was clearly delusional as heck and incompetent at his job.

He kicked a lot 50 plus, so that lowered his percentage

Touche, I was basing him off of his 50+ kicks and kicking in warm weather. In Denver even in the thin air he wasn't the greatest.

In regards to Forbes vs. Gonzo; Forbes arguably had a better rookie season (albeit gonzo getting hurt).. that's not to say though he's better than gonzo but we'll see how they develop 

Edited by Tress Is The Way

3 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Touche, I was basing him off of his 50+ kicks and kicking in warm weather. In Denver even in the thin air he wasn't the greatest.

In regards to Forbes vs. Gonzo; Forbes arguably had a better rookie season.. that's not to say though he's better than gonzo but we'll see how they develop 

why because Gonzalez got hurt?  it happens.  Gonzalez looked mostly like a stud when he played.  

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 9.01.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 9.01.32 AM.png

• Like 2