Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

5 minutes ago, method man said:

He was a 4th round pick. Lets sign Gilmore for a year and let Peters find a guy in the draft to groom

Naw, **** that, Sneed is a young blue chip CB. Hard as hell to find CBs in the draft that are worth a damn. Look at Jeff Okudah, dude was drafted #3 overall in 2020, now he's a bust, taking cheap one year deals. If you can get a young star CB for a 3rd round pick, do it. 

And nothings stopping Peters from finding a great CB in the draft if we were to get Sneed. Good/Great CBs are like good/great O-linemen. You can never have too many.

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

FA OT is about depth and allowing rookies to redshirt if need be, not necessarily finding a long-term solution

Certainly good practice to have at least a passable O-Line while trying to properly build it.  Don't want to get a QB killed while you're still building the line.

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Naw, **** that, Sneed is a young blue chip CB. Hard as hell to find CBs in the draft that are worth a damn. Look at Jeff Okudah, dude was drafted #3 overall in 2020, now he's a bust, taking cheap one year deals. If you can get a young star CB for a 3rd round pick, do it. 

Hell yes!!!! Trade the 3rd and get the already established player.....No guarantees with those draft picks

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

For real. Draft some mid rounders to develop also but need great players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

For real. Draft some mid rounders to develop also but need great players.

FACTS..........IM ****ING TIRED OF THIS LOSING ****........We need playmakers on both sides of the ball. Get players through the draft and build your team the right way. I 1000% agree with that. But that doesnt mean we cant sign some young stud players that come available..........

If Sneed can be had for a 3rd rounder GET HIM, and cut the check. With this defensive coaching staff, they'd get the absolute best out of him and utilize him correctly.........

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

The Lions are trading a 2024 third-round pick in exchange for Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Carlton Davis and two sixth-round picks, league sources told The Athletic. The deal provides immediate help at cornerback, giving the team a starting-caliber option as free agency kicks off.

I would have been in on that.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1

I only really started to follow the off season a couple of years ago, I've told myself not to get too excited this time around. I guess this is the trap I shall fall into every year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Just saw the nyg signed OT eluemunor to 2 yr 14 mil.  That's a good deal for the gmen, wish we could've done that one.

They also signed Runyan from GB....3 years 30 mil I think I saw?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/commanders-bag-two-underrated-defensive-stars-in-frankie-luvu-dorance-armstrong/ar-BB1jIH08

>>Commanders bag two underrated defensive stars in Frankie Luvu, Dorance Armstrong

The Washington Commanders hired Dan Quinn as their new head coach in part because they saw the need to re-define a defense that struggled (to put it kindly) last season under defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio and head coach Ron Rivera last season.

The Commanders worked to give Quinn two outstanding and underrated defenders in the first wave of free agency, agreeing to terms with former Carolina Panthers linebacker Frankie Luvu and ex-Dallas Cowboys pass-rusher Dorance Armstrong.

Luvu was one of my favorite player in this free agent class because the more you watch his tape, the more you're stumped on the things he can't do as a linebacker. Last season, he played 56% of his snaps at inside 'backer, 23% outside, and the rest at the line of scrimmage as either a stand-up rusher or as a blitzer. Luvu had seven sacks, 20 total pressures, 84 solo tackles, 47 stops, 10 tackles for loss, and he was great in coverage when asked to do that. If you need a green dot guy in the middle of your defense, there's nobody better (or more versatile) in this free agency class. He'll be an ideal fit for what Quinn wants to do with his defense.

Of course, Quinn already knows that Armstrong is a great fit for what he wants to do. The Cowboys selected Armstrong in the fourth round of the 2018 draft out of Kansas, and he became a force under Quinn, who was Dallas' defensive coordinator over the last three seasons. Micah Parsons was the talk of the Cowboys' pass rush, and justifiably so, but Armstrong racked up nine sacks and 35 total pressures last season -- one year after amassing nine sacks and 43 total pressures in 2022. No one-year wonder, he.

The Commanders have a lot of work still to do on that side of the ball, especially in a secondary that might lose cornerback Kendall Fuller and Kameron Curl in free agency. But the first wave of Quinn Guys has what it takes.<<

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, method man said:

Throwing big money at Jonah Williams would've been a Cerrato move

Yeah. Let’s throw medium money at him! 

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Bwahahahaha! Did ya'll see this? Marcus Spears ruthlessly attacking the Cowboys. 

how the **** did you even do this. what sorcery is this??

• Haha 9