Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

I was referring to your older past as a homer, we’ve all been here too long lol.

I think we can do better than the surface level comparison you’re drawing, but I won’t give you too hard a time about it because this is a hard franchise to get behind even after the changes. I’m not even advocating for assuming the best—just not immediately drawing the most shallow comparisons possible. Other than Samuels, every Panthers player Rivera brought in here was already bad or washed up. Quinn is bringing in younger players who haven’t hit their ceiling, who have played well. I’d say it’s very different. Biadasz is not Norwell or Turner (who some talked themselves into at the time, but were clearly washed). Biadasz is a solid starter at worst, which is already better than Norwell/Turner, and nobody is deluding themselves into thinking he’s elite. 

I agree with your point that new coaches are almost always supplied with their former players by their FO. Especially when “establishing a culture”. 

But to say this is feeling the same after 3-4 signings is simplistic. It seems like you want engagement from people. 

I had to literally "lol" at the part in bold lol 😂...way, waaaaay too long lol...

And I think I've been here long enough for everyone to realize I pretty much never post whatever I post for mere engagement, not to mention I have stayed out of the stadium forum for about the last 6 months or so. Even when I post something like "Just needed to stir the pot in here lol" it's never meant literally.

And I'm not just referring to players, I'm also referring to coaching staff decisions...found myself thinking about Joe Whitt Jr. the same way I thought about Scott Turner.

tl:dr version: I'm in heavy wait-and-see mode, and seeing the same types of comments this offseason that I've seen repeated for years isn't helping me. 😂 ...Ah, well, I'll get more into it soon with the draft.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, moondog said:

I don't think Ekeler has much of a market given his age, injury history and decline last year. If he comes here, it's going to be for a modest deal (I would imagine somewhere in the realm of $5M on a short contract) and to utilize him in a Chris Thompson-esque third down back role. BRob is the obvious starter and CRod is also a solid backup. This coaching staff's goal is to find players' specific strengths and utilize them in that role. Kingsbury's offense's goal is to open the field up and spread the ball around to playmakers. From the standpoint that if we signed Ekeler it is likely to get him between 35-45 catches and extremely sparingly use him in the running game that is a pretty scary open field guy to combine with Terry, Dotson and Ertz on third downs. I'm open to it because he's not really coming here as a RB and I have to trust that is going to be expressed to him about how he would be used here barring injuries to the rest of the backfield room. 

Anthony Lynn at RB coach would be helpful here too, he knows how to use ekeler

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

He’s lost his long speed and some of his quicks, but he can catch the damn ball out of the backfield like no one’s business. And I assume he can pass protect. And he doesn’t give away the play at the GL if you decide to have him in, he’s been a TD hound in his career. He’d be a nice checkdown for Maye imo, at the right price 

Not only that- he's an insane asset in the leadership department.  Not many vocal leaders on this team and the only way to usher in a new regime/culture is with guys who can connect with everyone on both sides of the ball.  He's a role model, super popular, and one of the hardest working dudes in the NFL.

You put him in a Chris Thompson-type role, and he's gonna be a great compliment to BRob/Rodriguez at a much lower price-point than guys like Saquon/Jacobs/Jones/Henry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Haha, well maybe "Wesley Steinberg" actually hit on one of his "reports". 

Panthers would probably want both of NYG's 2nds to do that trade.

5 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Haha, well maybe "Wesley Steinberg" actually hit on one of his "reports". 

This has been in the works since last week. Panthers want one of the big 3 Wr. 

Probably gmen 1 and one of the 2 this year.

Edited by Redskins 2021

19 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m slightly concerned we throw a stack of cash at Tyron Smith on a 2/3 year deal.

I’m starting to warm up to the idea of Smith depending on numbers. He started 13 games last year. That’s the same amount of Trent Williams started his last year with us (if you don’t count him sitting out an entire season).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Have you seen what RBs got this free agency? Even guys like Swift and Singletary get paid top Dollar. I'd much rather add RB depth in the late rounds than spending money on an older, somewhat washed RB. 

Use that money for other positions.

I want Moss from Indy....strong runner, good compliment to BRob. Had some huge games last season in place of Taylor.