Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd love to add Simmons and Jewell to this defense.

Yes, please. Is Jewell available?  Or are we just anticipating Denver will cut more guys to get under the cap...?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

“Build through the draft!!!!”

”But make sure you sign every FA I want!!!”

There are a couple key trades you just gotta make too.

I'm pretty sure we could stand to gain from utilizing the transfer portal better as well. I don't understand it but I'm sure it would give us a leg up on the competition.

And wheres my new Jumbo-tron?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get the vibe from Keim that there will be a number of one year painless type of contracts so their cap situation remains strong. Nothing that gets in the way of building in the draft.

He even talked @Koolblue13 about T. Smith.  He didn't say he's a target but seemed to imply if it was a 1 year contract maybe.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

OMG are people advocating using BOTH means to rebuild a team with 20 players on it's roster? That's just crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the vibe from Keim that there will be a number of one year painless type of contracts so their cap situation remains strong. Nothing that gets in the way of building in the draft.

Create a bunch of natural openings that give rise to opportunities for Draft picks.

Ertz is the first example of that. Hopefully we can snag a TE w/ some upside late in the draft and let him develop behind E w/ the plan to usurp next season.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can see Peters trading down in the 2nd and 3rd and ending up with something like this:  2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Was an ILB I would have like to see us sign.  Oh well.  FA knows to stay with winning teams.  

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

OMG are people advocating using BOTH means to rebuild a team with 20 players on it's roster? That's just crazy.

I’m totally on board with using every method necessary.  What I find amusing is before FA the board has a “don’t spend money on big name FAs, draft!” And then FA hits and it’s “OMG WE DIDN’T SIGN EVERY FA!!!!” Then 5 days later it’s back to “Draft first!!!”

Totally schizophrenic. 

And I’m here for it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m totally on board with using every method necessary.  What I find amusing is before FA the board has a “don’t spend money on big name FAs, draft!” And then FA hits and it’s “OMG WE DIDN’T SIGN EVERY FA!!!!” Then 5 days later it’s back to “Draft first!!!”

Totally schizophrenic. 

And I’m here for it. 

I guess that I haven't noticed it the same way. I see most people saying to use FA to fill most of the roster and grab some really good player and then draft as many good players as you can..

Me, II've been pretty consistent in wanting to get some great defensive players in FA and use the draft mostly for offense. 

Although it's starting to look like it might need to go the other way. 

But I haven't seen anyone say one or the other. I have seen people be excited about both at different times, though.

10 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I am really glad that we're not in the guard market, assuming that one of Strom, Wylie, Daniels or Paul can start at LG. 

I am very glad to be in the LBer and safety market, because that looks great for us.

22 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

What’s with all the safety cuts? Looks like a really soft market now. Also, Chris Jones? What would a 4-3 look like with Allen, Payne, Jones + rush end

It's the two deep shell!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He's moderating this board but I don't think he likes being called Jumbo-tron.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 7

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this is actually why I didn't blame Ron for a lot of his moves.  I think Snyder's wallet was closed pretty tight lately

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrJL said:

this is actually why I didn't blame Ron for a lot of his moves.  I think Snyder's wallet was closed pretty tight lately

SIP, myself, and others were ridiculed for arguing that he was keeping the FO on a budget (separate from how bad they were on their own as well). We tried to explain that there was wiggle room to the salary cap floor over multiple years and that it added up and effected decision-making. We said he was asset rich and cash poor, and that it would eventually put the squeeze on him. People like to pretend that was a commonly accepted idea at the time, leading up to the sale, but it wasn’t. People scoffed at the idea that a billionaire could actually be broke in terms of poor liquidity. 

Of course, we were also ridiculed for arguing that Snyder was indeed moving closer and closer to selling, and that it was not only possible but eventually inevitable. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

There are a couple key trades you just gotta make too.

I'm pretty sure we could stand to gain from utilizing the transfer portal better as well. I don't understand it but I'm sure it would give us a leg up on the competition.

image.gif.b73accd5dcfbc8338ff6e8ac7bb089db.gif

• Haha 2