Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 Roster Thread: all cuts, signings, and trades to be discussed here!

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It kinda is. It means you don't really make that kind of push until you're sure you got your elite QB on a rookie deal. Otherwise, if it turns out the kid can't play, you're really hamstringing yourself.

Also, these elite studs typically don't want to play with a QB that isn't at least kinda proven. Although with Aiyuk and Daniels's history, that might not matter in this particular case.

I get what you’re saying but I kinda respectfully disagree in this case. All indications are that we know what we have in JD.

Sure we have more roster building to do but if you have the cap space and Aiyuk has the ability to fit right in and increase the chances that JD becomes elite, you have to look at it imo.

You get a young durable, experienced WR in his prime, to grow throughout the rookie contract of your franchise QB. Will add insurance to Terry’s expiring contract in a couple years  as well.

I’d make the move for a 2nd rounder.

12 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

I get what you’re saying but I kinda respectfully disagree in this case. All indications are that we know what we have in JD.

I’d make the move for a 2nd rounder.

😬 If we trade away a 2nd rounder, it better be for a Top tier LT in his mid-late 20s. Jayden will make him his new BFF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Slightly premature 

Might be. And I’m not saying that he will be elite. But you can’t deny that everything we’re reading and hearing is that our brass feels that he has a good chance to become elite.

On the flip side, when is a good time to surround your QB with someone like Aiyuk? Year two? What if he doesn’t progress in year one? What if you’re “unsure” based on a mediocre season? Year two? Three? What if the opportunity does not present itself with an Aiyuk after you’ve waited? Now he has one year left on his rookie deal.

I say make him part of the process.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

😬 If we trade away a 2nd rounder, it better be for a Top tier LT in his mid-late 20s. Jayden will make him his new BFF

You can’t get a young top tier LT at that price unless you’re trading with Bruce Allen. 

I’m not in favor of an Aiyuk trade, but, who would know better if he’s worth it than Peters? Drafted him. Has seen him not just in games, but in practice. Knows his personality and work habits. Zero mystery. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It's official boys! For better or worse Aiyuk is now a Commander!

Pat McAfee in the video below gets the scoop and officially announces...

"Congrats to the Commanders!" 

I only needed to watch up to the 1 min 54 second mark. After that it's probably just a lot of unrelated small talk you don't need to bother with.

So no need for any of you guys to watch more than the first one minute and fifty four seconds either.

In fact, my advice is as soon as MacAfee says--

"CONGRATS TO THE COMMANDERS!!!"

--you immediately turn off the video and never watch it again, because he said everything that you needs to know.

So here it goes and remember, stop watching the video at 1 min and 54 seconds...

Gg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It's official boys! For better or worse Aiyuk is now a Commander!

Pat McAfee in the video below gets the scoop and officially announces...

"Congrats to the Commanders!" 

I only needed to watch up to the 1 min 54 second mark. After that it's probably just a lot of unrelated small talk you don't need to bother with.

So no need for any of you guys to watch more than the first one minute and fifty four seconds either.

In fact, my advice is as soon as MacAfee says--

"CONGRATS TO THE COMMANDERS!!!"

--you immediately turn off the video and never watch it again, because he said everything that you needs to know.

So here it goes and remember, stop watching the video at 1 min and 54 seconds...

Gg

C'mon man, don't tease this **** lol.   Let us know when the mic drops for realz...

• Thanks 1

Not a good move to overpay for a WR at this point. 

Terry’s contract is coming up soon, let’s see what happens this season before adding any top market contracts. 

hard pass on Aiyuk. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, MrJL said:

we have a bunch of cap space and how easily could we acquire someone with a similar talent level next year?

Yeah I agree, the only thing I’m against is giving up a first rounder. Otherwise, feels like a complete non-brainer to me. 

• Like 1

Is it a coincidence Aiyuk vented about his contract holdup to new Commanders quarterback Jayden Daniels? No, because the two were once teammates at Arizona State. Now how about a reunion? Terry McLaurin is already well-paid as the No. 1 for Washington, but new coach Dan Quinn has prioritized veteran depth this offseason, and there are other San Francisco ties in D.C., where ex-49ers staffers, including Commies general manager Adam Peters, now reside.

10 hours ago, srtman04 said:

C'mon man, don't tease this **** lol.   Let us know when the mic drops for realz...

You have to be kidding. lol

I thouht I was as over the top in my parody attempt to "conceal" whatever was said AFTER 1 min 54 seconds that no one could possibly miss it.

I thought everyone would be alerted to the blatantly obvious fact that this was just a joke and that the real truth starts to come out after 1 min and 54 seconds.

That is, that these guys know as much as we do, and are as close to the truth as we are--- and what they're saying is nothing more than speculation and wild guesses. 

The only other thing I could have done to make it more clear would have been to write in bold letters at the end: "YES, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY LISTEN PAST THE 1:54 MARK. THIS VIDEO IS JUST MORE TALKING HEAD HYPERBOLE AND SPECULATION."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah I agree, the only thing I’m against is giving up a first rounder. Otherwise, feels like a complete non-brainer to me. 

Naybe our 26 first but not this years

I’m definitely torn on the trade idea.  On one hand, we’re essentially starting a rebuild and AP (et al) look like they’re gonna be good with the draft, so I hate to give up high end resources.  On the other hand, giving Daniels another quality target that can only help his acclimation, production and confidence is pretty darn tempting.

I’m not worried about the financial side.  Terry, Payne, Allen and Aiyuk will all be FAs before Daniels needs a new contract (barring extensions of course), and the only big one coming due soon is Cosmi… aside from the possibility that we extend any of our 1 year guys.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

You can’t get a young top tier LT at that price unless you’re trading with Bruce Allen. 

I’m not in favor of an Aiyuk trade, but, who would know better if he’s worth it than Peters? Drafted him. Has seen him not just in games, but in practice. Knows his personality and work habits. Zero mystery. 

My point was that you don't trade away valuable draft capital on wants when you have needs. I personally see Aiyuk as a want, and perhaps we will need that capital to either draft or trade for a greater need. I'm not opposed to trading for him, but certainly not at that cost. That is just my opinion and GMAP has yet to call me for it, so I'm gonna post it here for free. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Everyone should listen to this one.  Gives a good synopsis on the Aiyuk thing.  Basically seems like this SF Athletic reporter (Matt Barrows) thinks the deal gets done to stay in SF and by the way, a first rounder and $30ish million/yr spooks me.  Not sure how everyone else feels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 49ers front office has been making a habit lately of negotiating tough and getting things done at the 11th hour.  I tend to think that if they want to retain Aiyuk they will get a deal done at some point so I am just assuming he isn't being traded anywhere.

I assume the WR they would like to deal

is Deebo, making room to sign Aiyuk.  

I understand why folks want to make Aiyuk a Commander, and if it was only money - it’d be a lot more enticing to me.  But I have no desire to give up more than a 4th and for that, the Niners would rather just keep him while he’s under contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Everyone should listen to this one.  Gives a good synopsis on the Aiyuk thing.  Basically seems like this SF Athletic reporter (Matt Barrows) thinks the deal gets done to stay in SF and by the way, a first rounder and $30ish million/yr spooks me.  Not sure how everyone else feels.

Does it make any difference at all if Aiyuk signs his franchise tag or not? I mean, if he doesn't sign it and decides to sit out while the SF front office slow-rolls this negotiation till the 11th hour, does it mean that a team WOULD'NT have to give up a pick if everything goes south and they decide to part ways?

9 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Does it make any difference at all if Aiyuk signs his franchise tag or not? I mean, if he doesn't sign it and decides to sit out while the SF front office slow-rolls this negotiation till the 11th hour, does it mean that a team WOULD'NT have to give up a pick if everything goes south and they decide to part ways?

He’s still under contract. No franchise tag until next year maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marquee Dan Quinn signing already looks like a flop for Commanders

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/marquee-dan-quinn-signing-austin-ekeler-already-looks-like-flop-commanders-01j0rkwv1a6z

Appearing on the "Up and Adams Show" with Kay Adams, Ekeler gave a ludicrous reason for why he left the Chargers this offseason.

So it's like, hey, they want a guy they ( Chargers ) can hand the ball off to 300 times a year and, look, I haven't had that capacity to do that. That's not my game."

It's clear Ekeler would rather catch passes out of the backfield and be used sparingly as a rusher behind bruiser Brian Robinson. That's crazy...

You think Quinn already regrets signing Ekeler?

This writer seems shocked that Ekeler (and Quinn ) isn't expecting ( him ) to run the ball 300 times this year, while ignoring the fact that he won't be asked to.

Personally, I'm optimistic about the Robinson - Ekeler combo, and it seems like they would compliment each other well.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 4