Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden/RG3 feud on social media

Jay certainly trolls sometimes and can be a jerk. However in this instance, he simply made an observation about the Eagles not picking up blitzes and basically feeling bad for Jalen Hurts. Then RG3 jumps in outta nowhere and starts trouble, with a tweet. Then Brian Mitchell decides to not mind his own business and comes after Jay as well. Whenever he was simply tweeting about the Eagles. BMitch even saying " go disappear somewhere. " Or something like that. I hope he doesn't mean go off yourself or anything but anyway it was totally unnecessary. Jay ( in this particular instance) simply defended himself.

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Why do people like to pretend like the knee injury never happened? It's simply that what destroyed Griffin. He would've been something special if that never happened. 

Oh well

I’m not sure that’s the case. Without read option, Robert couldn’t play in this league. His own ego and lack of self awareness convinced him that he should stop doing the only thing he was good at but even if it hadn’t he would’ve been cooked once NFL defenses figured out how to take that away.

and if that knee injury had never happened, something else would’ve, because dude simply could / would not protect himself

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. Without read option, Robert couldn’t play in this league. Once NFL defenses figured out how to take that away, he would’ve been cooked.

and if that knee injury had never happened, something else would’ve, because dude simply could / would not protect himself

Very true. Didn't he refuse to sit in that Seattle playoff game that completely obliterated his already destroyed knee? The one Cousins came in and threw a TD pass?

The one part of this that baffles me- I've heard Gruden say twice now that Griffin's initial response to him was Griffin saying he wasn't prepared. 

I have read the initial tweet from Gruden and the RG3 response several times (not like it takes a lot of reading) and, for the life of me, I can't fathom how he got that out of it. 

The whole beginning fo the beef seemed to stem from that. Then he asked griffin if he wasn't prepared and Griffin read it as a statement and off we went. 

The whole thing is dumb, of course, but that part to me is just puzzling. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The one part of this that baffles me- I've heard Gruden say twice now that Griffin's initial response to him was Griffin saying he wasn't prepared. 

I have read the initial tweet from Gruden and the RG3 response several times (not like it takes a lot of reading) and, for the life of me, I can't fathom how he got that out of it. 

The whole beginning fo the beef seemed to stem from that. Then he asked griffin if he wasn't prepared and Griffin read it as a statement and off we went. 

The whole thing is dumb, of course, but that part to me is just puzzling. 

Gruden was probably high at the time tbh. 

RG3’s career arc is so sad. He was really HIM his rookie year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDSKINS STOMP said:

At the post game presser, he was tossed a softball question about his performance in the game. He could have just done the easy answer and say, I wasn't good enough today, I need to be better. Instead he went on a considerable rant on how it was the entire team, and NOT him. His lack of personal accountability on full display. Couldn't stand the guy after that, and I like many so wanted him to be the guy for the franchise.

This was part of his recent beef with Jay.  He tried to say that he was motivating the team with those comments and that Jay told him to do it.  Then after he did it, Jay undressed him in front of the team and publicly.

Of all Griffins revisionist history, this one takes the cake.  There is no way on gods green earth that Jay told him to go say that wild ish he said.  He was so awful in that game, held the ball an eternity, took a bunch of sacks and the all-22 thereafter showed guys running open all over the field.  The audacity to say anything other than he needs to be a lot better was staggering.

• Like 2

Jay is and always has been a putz.  The media rehabilitation of his image has been absolutely bizarre.  

I think he should stick to a beef with Griffin though.  Picking on BMitch is bad for business.  BMitch is beloved by the local media and attacking him might end the rehab tour.  Also BMitch might tear his arms off and beat him to death with them.  

Griffin is just a stuffed shirt.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay is and always has been a putz.  The media rehabilitation of his image has been absolutely bizarre.  

I think he should stick to a beef with Griffin though.  Picking on BMitch is bad for business.  BMitch is beloved by the local media and attacking him might end the rehab tour.  Also BMitch might tear his arms off and beat him to death with them.  

I want to find you on twitter and link all your ES Gruden quotes to it, so he comes after you next tie he goes on a bender.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Whatever happened to that 'book' RG3 was going to 'write'?

I always assumed there never was a book and he was just popping off at the mouth...and then, someone explained to him what legal terms like "defamation" and "slander" mean, how litigious a dude like Danny- boy is, and that he would be not be writing a tell-all.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He didn’t pick on Mitchell. Mitchell jumped in and he responded.

Besides, I’ve already incorporated “I are a punt returner.    Be quiet.” In my repertoire of work responses.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Jays take on BMitch is very accurate.. he hates on everyone, and to a point if BMitch has such strong opinions on the HC and all others why hasn’t he ever put his hat in the mix to be some sort of coach, as Jay stated I’m sure ST would be elite, at least Punt Return team would … I like BMitch but his antics are getting a bit depressing to say the least

also on a side note, also going on in the social media world is Jason Whitlock calling out Stephen A Smith for a faud and it actually looks like he’s correct… the lies and the things Smith spews out of his mouth is just absurd and down right lies… I’ve never been a SAS fan and I’m actually glad to see someone like Whitlock call him out on it… bout time 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Jay had a pretty good career as an assistant coach and OC before coming here. I don’t get the hate. Maybe he was never cut out to be a head coach, per se, but did he really ever have a chance with Snyder and his idiot clown minions picking the talent? The offense, which was his charge, was actually mostly excellent during his tenure. This, despite being stuck with RG me and his buddy the owner, and then the botching of the Cousins situation. The Defense was abysmal, yes, but Jay has stated that there simply wasn’t enough talent on that unit to work with, and I tend to agree with him. Even Hall of Fame coaches failed under Snyder. Yes he’s done and said a couple of foolish things, but overall, I think he really knows football and would likely still be coaching somewhere if not for the association with his brother.

• Thumb up 4

There’s something personal with BMitch regarding Jay.  I’m not entirely sure, but I recall BMitch “offering” to come in and talk to the team or something like that back when Jay was head coach and Jay never reached out to him about it or something.  Again, can’t remember exactly what it was - but there’s been beef for a while.  Lurch of the Junks once told a story about a poker game in Ashburn where both were in attendance and it was kind of awkward.

I have always wanted to like BMitch, loved him as a player.  But he is the epitome of a talking head.  Yes, he played - but he clearly does not study today’s game beyond watching the game like any normal fan.  He also used to say that Dan was a built in excuse for every coach and that he wasn’t as bad as made out to be.  Once things started turning and a sale was inevitable, he started giving credence to all the awful things that were said about him. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

Well, I'll make an entry in this rebirth of Jay gruden and rge3 noise.

There are people here with an intelligent, accurate view of Jay's very real strengths here along with equally real weaknesses. I'm one of them.

The Snyder dysfunctional alcohol-permeated lowbrow misogynist culture, and Dan often having his pudgy little fingers on selection of some asst. coaches and pushing for certain players  contributed heavily to exacerbating jay's character shortcomings and job performance at the time and likely set back his possible upside development just as it did with other coaches and players cursed to work in Snyder's world. 

One of the things I admired about Kirk, who had some flaws on his game but also became an overly abused whipping boy for posters here with suspect football iq, was his ability to beat Dan to a pulp financially and developed his skills while stuck here and then guide his career to a much better place instead of sinking into the Snyder muck. 

Rgme is simply an entitled shallow  idjit who was a cheat and remains a dip**** of the type who def belongs living his live on Twitter being a twit and having tweety fights. 

Case closed. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

For all the crap he gets, Gruden is the ONLY coach in the Snyder Era to have back to back winning seasons. Gibbs didn’t accomplish that. Nor Shanahan. Nor Rivera. And likely has a third if Alex Smith’s leg didnt break in half. 

• Like 4

Gruden was a good strategist. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to have the gravitas to instill a seriousness in the players to be a champion. Camp Gruden never practiced at an intensity that translated to game day. His teams were never "hungry". Name another coach that allowed a player to twist his nipples. Too laid back....

That and he tolerated incompetence from his DC...This is more on Dan not being able to attract good coaches

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1