Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden/RG3 feud on social media

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...didn't know Jay got into it with B Mitch as well... regardless of who you think is right, If Jay acts like this with former players then it's not surprising he's not coaching in the NFL.

Jay's judgement has been bad since he was caught smoking outside a bar at One Loudoun with a hottie NOT named Mrs. Gruden sitting on his lap. 😂

Jay Gruden rips Robert Griffin III as social media feud rages on: 'You weren't good enough'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jay-gruden-rips-robert-griffin-iii-social-media-feud-rages-on

This whole feud makes me so glad the Snyder era is long gone. I'm so glad we have actual adults in charge now.

That being said, Jay might be a bit on the sleazy side, but he was a far better coach than RG3 was a player. RG3 has zero self-realization, and is, and will always be, a primadonna. He'll never take responsibility for his own failings as a player. Clown shoes forever.

It's obscenely ironic that this beef started with RG3 basically saying Gruden let him get beat up behind our offensive line. Robert held onto that ball so long you'd think it was tig-welded to his hand. I'll never forget how unbelievably better our line looked when Cousins came in and actually executed the offense.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

A former HC (Coach Purple Nurple) who waaaaaay overestimates his former and current value (thanks to Grant and Not Funny Danny) vs a former QB who can't understand he failed because he tried to make himself a pocket QB.

It's like two idiot children yelling about LEGOs. What's there not to love?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are both entertaining, but Robert is annoying. At least Jay takes ownership of his personal mistakes. Robert still doesn’t take accountability, always playing the victim and blaming someone else. It’s actually pretty nauseating. He had Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay as OCs when he was here and still amounted to nothing. Pretty sure it wasn’t the coaching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Why do people like to pretend like the knee injury never happened? It's simply that what destroyed Griffin. He would've been something special if that never happened. 

Oh well

That’s a stretch. Plenty of guys come back from that injury and do just fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Why do people like to pretend like the knee injury never happened? It's simply that what destroyed Griffin. He would've been something special if that never happened. 

Oh well

The whole Ngata hit, Seahawks playoff game, and all-in for week 1 were all under Shanahan. So RGIII interjecting saying that Jay Gruden doesn’t protect his QBs makes no sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodpecker said:

That’s a stretch. Plenty of guys come back from that injury and do just fine. 

Plenty come back, plenty also are never the same.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

The whole Ngata hit, Seahawks playoff game, and all-in for week 1 were all under Shanahan. So RGIII interjecting saying that Jay Gruden doesn’t protect his QBs makes no sense.

This stems from Jay being confident that he could "fix" Robert when he came here when in actuality it seems like he never wanted him to be the QB. I think reality lies in the middle where Robert was pretty much done as a viable starter without the elite run option that wasn't returning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

He was an awful passer from the pocket and struggled to read defenses, that’s what derailed his career not the leg. 

Meh, we'll never know if he would've developed further without the knee issue. It's hard to concentrate on improving in other areas when you have to go through a major rehab after your rookie season. 

Griffin is not completely blameless here, but putting a buffoon like Gruden with him during a crucial time was an utter disaster in hindsight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He meant Jay should protect him from the media asking questions about his poor play. That Jay should have his “starting QBs“ back no matter what. Which is not unreasonable, but Jay had to do what was best for the team. We can argue about what derailed RGs career, but at that point cousins was easily the better player.

Just now, spjunkies said:

Meh, we'll never know if he would've developed further without the knee issue. It's hard to concentrate on improving in other areas when you have to go through a major rehab after your rookie season. 

Griffin is not completely blameless here, but putting a buffoon like Gruden with him during a crucial time was an utter disaster in hindsight. 

Fair enough. Maybe Jay was a buffoon as you say, but he had McVay and Matt Cavanaugh working with Robert day to day.  If he’s going to blame anybody, it should be Snyder. Both Jay and Robert would have looked a lot better without being exposed to the reverse car wash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's obscenely ironic that this beef started with RG3 basically saying Gruden let him get beat up behind our offensive line. Robert held onto that ball so long you'd think it was tig-welded to his hand. I'll never forget how unbelievably better our line looked when Cousins came in and actually executed the offense.

I remember that preseason game against Detroit where RG3 was just pummeled by the Lions defense. 

RG3 would hold on to the ball too long, be indecisive,  and would run right towards the pressure.

When RG3 went out and Cousins came in, the Redskins o-line suddenly looked like the 91 Hogs. :ols:

RG3's pocket presence and awareness was so bad.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

He meant Jay should protect him from the media asking questions about his poor play. That Jay should have his “starting QBs“ back no matter what. Which is not unreasonable, but Jay had to do what was best for the team. We can argue about what derailed RGs career, but at that point cousins was easily the better player.

Fair enough. Maybe Jay was a buffoon as you say, but he had McVay and Matt Cavanaugh working with Robert day to day.  If he’s going to blame anybody, it should be Snyder. Both Jay and Robert would have looked a lot better without being exposed to the reverse car wash.

I wasn’t talking about the team meeting/throwing his teammates under the bus part of this. I’m talking about how Philly wasn’t protecting Hurts on the field, Jay tweets about, and the RG jumps in. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

I remember that preseason game against Detroit where RG3 was just pummeled by the Lions defense. 

RG3 would hold on to the ball too long, be indecisive,  and would run right towards the pressure.

When RG3 went out and Cousins came in, the Redskins o-line suddenly looked like the 91 Hogs. :ols:

Some quarterbacks just don't know how to avoid pressure, we saw that this past season when you look at the difference between Howell and Jacoby. All you can do is hope that they "figure it out". Some never do and they get booted from the league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I remember that. Was that 2014 in Jay’s first year? I couldn’t remember if that was 2014 or 2015. Was 2015 when Robert play safety on the scout team?

• Like 1

RG3 demanded to continue to play against the Seahawks after he had destroyed his leg. Shanahan deserves blame for letting his own player overrule him, but in the end, Griffin chose for himself, and he chose poorly. Jay managed the press poorly with Griffin, but Griffin had every opportunity in 2013, 14, and the preseason of 15 to shut his doubters up. He did nothing. He was his own worst enemy, and continues to be it because he can't just live his life and be happy with a comfy college football broadcast, an Estonian athlete wife, and a kid from the wife he divorced after she gave birth.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I don’t get it. Was Gruden a great leader? No. Was he a good X’s and O’s guy who put QBs in a position to succeed? Yes. Kirk got where he got to under Jay and McVay. Furthermore, on the other end of the spectrum, this team actually won games with Josh Johnson and got almost got a Josh Johnson led team with a group of backup OLs and a bad D to the playoffs in 2018

• Like 4

Jay isn't perfect, but Robert is a narcissist.  He just begs for attention and blamed everyone else for his shortcomings.  Cousins playing history vindicates Jay's decision making in that situation.  Again, he deserves some level of blame for the overall lack of success when he coached here, but Robert was the center of most of it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t get it. Was Gruden a great leader? No. Was he a good X’s and O’s guy who put QBs in a position to succeed? Yes. Kirk got where he got to under Jay and McVay. Furthermore, on the other end of the spectrum, this team actually won games with Josh Johnson and got almost got a Josh Johnson led team with a group of backup OLs and a bad D to the playoffs in 2018

Robert was a poor QB after the leg, you get no argument from me there.