Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Buzzette knows that if I die, she needs to come tell you all.

Yeah, I set something similar up, or at least that tk would hear of it...hopefully it doesn't happen before I get my statue at the new Commanders facility....trusting Harris to remedy Snyder's petty dragging of his feet on the project just because I've eviscerated him for years in the stadium...

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Didn't he always disappear until there was something to gloat about?

Wonder if WB36 is still busy wrestling Mongols. I'd love to hear his take on the Eagles late season woes.

There have been some cool fans of opposing teams over the years. Tom Giants Fan, who I guess said he's had some health issues. Pittman4Two is another one.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Btw, we have a mod missing...haven't seen PCS for a while...?

He's still kicking and appears very occasionally and only briefly...again, just normal life as far as I know...love PCs...great human...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

He's still kicking and appears very occasionally and only briefly...again, just normal life as far as I know...love PCs...great human...

That's good.  I had assumed he just decided to move into the wilderness and take pictures.

• Like 1

Pete was a good dude from the past.  Also remember a guy chocolatecityskins that was interesting. 

For all the negative attention he got I liked twa a whole lot.  I had a lot in common with him even tho our takes on wide swaths of life we're very different.  He could definitely be an asshole , however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Years ago, there was someone who kept talking in different threads about how he had a hot Latina wife and someone finally blew up on him. I think it was around the time I joined in 2013, or maybe even before when I was lurking. Does anyone remember someone like that? Was that a fever dream?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

There were aspects of twa's persons I really liked, and one major one I didn't. He'd  bait and troll a hell of a lot and mod wise I gave him a lot of leeway for years, other mods followed their own inclinations of course...My fave thing about twa was the quality of his music thread contributions, mainly in cw music..

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Also missing...

We had a perpetually agitated  major conspiracy nut named Ken who was great fun for years...a couple of very radical lefties who made chomerics look libertarian but they were banned by me for repeated egregious violations and I can't remember their names...maybe someone else can...we had an enormously out there right wing xtian nut ball who I think was named area51 or something like that...and the crazy dude who started the o.g. squirrel thread...so many psych textbook chapters each could be featured in 🤫😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

...and the crazy dude who started the o.g. squirrel thread...

It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember his username.  He also started that thread about taking vitamins/supplements and he revealed he was taking, like, 30 pills a day or something absurd.  He also was walking around Wal-Mart trying to take upskirts of attractive girls and then told everyone about that here, too.  I think that's when everyone got on him for being a total weirdo and he left.

• Like 1

Yea markthehomer is definitely another I wonder about. Some people I assume are sticking to the stadium and I don't go there much.

So when's the next round of mod hiring? New owner has deep pockets, right? I didn't realize how many mods weren't really around anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, just654 said:

I really want to know what happened with MarktheHomer. Dude had the FedEx field thread. Just full knowledge.

the best take I have, he was a mod and developed some issues with some things staff wise along, I think, with missing the old mod staff and having some issues with various things here at that time...he may be on BGO, don't know ...

Here's a somewhat off topic item rarely shared but this thread is a fitting place to mention it, and it's in the spirit of this thread...particularly in the matter if people who used to post here but don't now..

The founding of BGO and the migration there of the bulk of the old mod staff, which TK, myself, and PCS were the newest additions to but were left out of the plan, was done in one of those "moves during the night" deals...

The old staff, and this is just how I experienced and understood it, had grown tired of the team ownership, had wanted to monetize their running of a fan site, and had issues with how some of the newer mods were doing things as far as I know...I can't swear to accuracy in knowing which of these factors held more or less pull with which of them...

But two things that got to me and TK (not to speak for him, I just know this to be so) were their not discussing it or even saying a word to us about it, which totally surprised us and seemed, well, not very "friendly" or whatever term you like, and "quietly" pm-ing a large, selected, group of long time excellent posters and lobbying them to leave es and come over to the new site which they would like more because it would have a smaller, more hand picked, membership than here where we picked up so many folks after becoming the teams official board....

So TK and I find this out after the fact...they "packed up and moved" and lobbied our base secretly to go to with them without us knowing a thing....then it became a thing there to slander the board here and the mods who stayed ..and that went on and in for a long time before much was done there to moderate that...I say that as someone who read that board off and on over the first couple years to verify...it sure wasn't everyone there and we had our defenders but there was a lot of it...

We did nothing of the kind in rebuke, here...

So I hope you enjoyed that look behind the curtain 😆....I offer it solely because I think you stalwarts who remain here still will find  it all an interesting piece of our ES history...

I note it has now been over twenty years for Rick having applied a daily hand in running this site and close to twenty years for me as an almost daily driver...PCS may not be here much in recent years, but he also goes back to the very old days and has done a ton for this site...

Our last foray into the membership for mid help some years ago netted Martin C., tso, and Destino. All very awesome posters, great people, and great to have on the mod staff... (we miss you @TSO)...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

we had an enormously out there right wing xtian nut ball who I think was named area51 or something like that...

I think it was something more super-generic like Skinsfan51 or 56 or some-such.  He was another guy that disappeared, and then became a drive-by poster who would post some religious nutjob rage-bait bull**** article every few years and never stick around for the tear-down as the tailgate members picked apart the BS contained within.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Years ago, there was someone who kept talking in different threads about how he had a hot Latina wife and someone finally blew up on him. I think it was around the time I joined in 2013, or maybe even before when I was lurking. Does anyone remember someone like that? Was that a fever dream?

You're thinking of Kosher Ham :ols: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

A long time member sent me this link after reading this thread. It is attached to some of the matters we're covering here so I'll share it.

https://www.bgobsession.com/threads/es-message-board-down.179798/

(Spoiler/synopsis: Jumbo bad.) 

You do seem to have made a lot of enemies on the internet.  I both respect that and am jealous of it.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

You do seem to have made a lot of enemies on the internet.  I both respect that and am jealous of it.

Someone I know did a dive on it, going to all the obvious places you look, including a Google search. It actually comes down to about 15-20 individuals for all the noise made.

I think after 20 years on the internet as a sports message board moderator, if that's all the peeps I've alienated via ban hammer or as the self-anointed deity I am said to be,  then I'm actually a bit of a slacker.

Objectively, if someone has been permanently banned from any internet forum for any reason, their whining about it repeatedly for years afterwards indicates what I already have very good reason to believe. It's more empirical evidence my judgement is typically sound. 🤖🤡💩

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Jumbo the amount of hate ya receives on all the various reviews sites is just awesome. Like some James Bond villain type of evil they claim you are. 🤣

My favorites are the political ones. "That radical leftist Jumbo banned me for no reason" seems to be a common theme amongst the CHUDS. Bravo sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

First, I'll fess up to having sent it Jumbo.  Wasn't sure if it should be posted here, but since he posted it I guess it is ok.

The thing that strikes me about it is how much they talk about civility and respect but don't have any issue with people running down Jumbo and this place in general.  I guess those things are only important if you're poster there.

• Thanks 2