Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Almost like the receivers only catch passes from Brissett and drop them on purpose from Howell? Or is it that Howell throws a bad ball?

It’s just bad luck for Sam. Jacoby has been throwing into 50/50 and getting the toss

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The easy answer is because Sam can’t run the plays. There is no conceivable reason EB would try to call worse plays for Sam. 

It’s not a coincidence. But there is no way it’s a conspiracy either. 

I agree it’s not a conspiracy. But the playcalling changed and calling short, quick concepts for a guy struggling to read the field is actually playcalling 101. So I don’t buy the “Sam couldn’t do it so they didn’t call it all season”.

But Wylie getting benched and the play calling difference with Brissett being a veteran presence (and a good QB) is a difference. 

What is evident is Howell is shot at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Llevron said:

I don’t understand. Would one normally not do that? 

working extra hard I mean

Presumably the game plan coming in would be set up so that it's what you think gives you the est chance to win.  But when nobody is executing well and you change the players, if you keep the game plan the same then suddenly the problem looks to be your game plan rather than the players

Just now, KDawg said:

I agree it’s not a conspiracy. But the playcalling changed and calling short, quick concepts for a guy struggling to read the field is actually playcalling 101. So I don’t buy the “Sam couldn’t do it so they didn’t call it all season”.

But Wylie getting benched and the play calling difference with Brissett being a veteran presence (and a good QB) is a difference. 

What is evident is Howell is shot at this point.

Or maybe Brissett knows how to run an offense and Howell doesn’t?