Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Howell is still under contract for 2 more years and can still be the backup. No need to trade him as no guarantee that your new hot QB would be lights out out of the gate. 

Nice take, I agree. Keep Howell, he is cheap and can run a little and sling it. Who is to say he can't fix his flaws in reading defenses and maybe in the off season he will stop seeing ghosts and come back next year as good as he was during the Eagles games

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Rivera is a ****ing idiot for benching Howell again. That'll be great for his confidence. We're down 27-7 and completely out of playoff contention. Let him work through his struggles.

Does he look like he's working through anything to you?  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You’re kind of ridiculous.

Howell  runs out of that pocket as soon as it starts to collapse that play, and on top of that I doubt he is tall enough to see over the line to hit that check down, especially with someone hanging on to his legs

Edited by mac8887
  • Thumb down 2

Just now, mac8887 said:

Nice take, I agree. Keep Howell, he is cheap and can run a little and sling it. Who is to say he can't fix his flaws in reading defenses and maybe in the off season he will stop seeing ghosts and come back next year as good as he was during the Eagles games

I actually don’t agree… necessarily. I don’t know if he should be here or not. Lots of factors.

1. what do we do at QB?

2. Does someone offer more than we can turn down? Probably not but who knows.

3. Do we sign a vet in FA and then draft a rookie with the top 3-4 pick?

Lots of factors and I can’t say one way or the other which way to go right now. But I think if they’re out on Howell then they need to do what they can to move on.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I actually don’t agree… necessarily. I don’t know if he should be here or not. Lots of factors.

1. what do we do at QB?

2. Does someone offer more than we can turn down? Probably not but who knows.

3. Do we sign a vet in FA and then draft a rookie with the top 3-4 pick?

Lots of factors and I can’t say one way or the other which way to go right now. But I think if they’re out on Howell then they need to do what they can to move on.

Nice take, I agree. If someone were to offer us a 5th or 6th for Howell it would be hard to turn down, let alone a 4th