Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Seachickens!

zCommander

Just now, Ghedrick said:

Ron and Jack need to go! It's worth auditioning EB the rest of the year. It doesn't matter who coaches this team on defense they are horrible. It can't get worse.

I think our next coach needs to be a young upcoming coach, not a retread. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB was came here thinking it would lead to a head coaching gig.  Well, it will lead to the opposite. Either being unemployed in 24, or a demotion to just a position coach.

He's proven he's no OC and definitely no head coach.

It's true.  He just isnt it.  Adjustments dont happen quickly enough; he randomly stops going to what works and doesnt run the ball nearly enough. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Possibly. Part of my coping mechanism is to tell myself losing was better for us anyway, so ima say that if one of the DEs we were going to lose in free agency made a play that won the game, and thus hurt our ability to replace them, I would have been upset about it. 

I am sort of a gymnast

I get it, wins honestly aren’t good for our health - and we have so many holes the draft picks will come in handy.

2 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Hey, Forbes is bird flappin' out there for a non-bird themed team. The bar is pretty low. 

:)

In fairness, he’s been so good for the Eagles, he might think he plays for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Defense will lose this game in second half. The defense is the problem with this team.Defense was sopose to be the strength of the team.

It was the defense that lost the game. 

I said this in the summer that if this season sucks, our defense would be a key reason. Not the only reason but a key reason.  Sam has far exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB was came here thinking it would lead to a head coaching gig.  Well, it will lead to the opposite. Either being unemployed in 24, or a demotion to just a position coach.

He's proven he's no OC and definitely no head coach.

I think he goes back to KC head laying low

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Good thing I got discharged from my weekend hospital stay today. My vitals wouldn't have been good, if I was still in the hospital.

Really? I’d think you’d be thrilled given how badly you of all people have wanted Rivera gone

(positive thoughts being sent your way on the health stuff though)  

• Like 1

Just now, skins4eva said:

It's true.  He just isnt it.  Adjustments dont happen quickly enough; he randomly stops going to what works and doesnt run the ball nearly enough. 

The only thing going for EB is his connection to Howell. I hate to throw a new offense at him in his third year. 

Just now, cougs said:

The only thing going for EB is his connection to Howell. I hate to throw a new offense at him in his third year. 

He's young and a new HC/OC can mold a system to his strengths. He'll be fine. Howell with an improved OL in a new system will still be leaps and bounds better than this year. 

• Like 2

Just now, cougs said:

Seems to have done fine with his second one despite all the obstacles in his way (both in personnel and schematically). I don’t see a reason to expect a worse outcome with his 3rd. He’s a smart kid and allegedly a workaholic, let’s shoot for the moon and not settle for mediocrity just bc we’re afraid to put a little more studying on his plate. He’s seen so much more now compared to this past summer, that’ll make it easier too. Even more so by the time the offseason gets here. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am done with EB too. His pass blocking scheme is laughably bad. And his running game does not exist. Goodbye to every single loser on this coaching staff.

He deserves some blame, but our oline is bottom 5 talent in the NFL, so he's working with leftovers...

• Like 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

He's young and a new HC/OC can mold a system to his strengths. He'll be fine. Howell with an improved OL in a new system will still be leaps and bounds better than this year. 

Fair point and like I said earlier, I think Harris will go with a young offensive minded guy, but EB’s only hope is to convince management that he will take Howell to the next level b

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Before someone jumps down my throat I know passing yards is far from the be all and end all. But I still find it cool

Just imagine if our running game was even close to being good too… not 1 100yd game this season… love Howell and his maturity and growth but dang man having a running attack and even a slight threat would be nice too

• Like 1