Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: DOJ announces arrests in ‘high-end brothel network’ used by elected officials, military officers and others

Cooked Crack

Three individuals have been arrested on charges of operating a “high-end brothel network” in Massachusetts and Virginia with a clientele that included elected officials, military officers and government contractors with security clearances, the Justice Department announced Wednesday. 

“Pick a profession,” Joshua Levy, acting US attorney for Massachusetts, said of the sprawling client list during a press conference in Boston. “They’re probably represented in this case.”  Levy did not identify any of the brothel’s clients and noted that multiple search warrants are being executed in the case in Massachusetts, California and Virginia. 

Han Lee, 41, of Cambridge, Massachusetts; James Lee, 68, of Torrance, California; and Junmyung Lee, 30, of Dedham, Massachusetts have been charged with conspiracy to coerce and entice to travel to engage in illegal sexual activity. They are expected to appear in federal court in Boston Wednesday or at a later date.

He added: “They are doctors, they are lawyers, they are accountants, they are elected officials, they are executives of high tech companies and pharmaceutical companies, they are military officers, government contractors, professors, scientists. They are the men who fuel this commercial sex ring.” 

“There are potentially hundreds of individuals who took these services as commercial sex buyers,” Levy said, noting the investigation is still in its early stages. 

“Alleged prospective sex buyers in this scheme first had to respond to a survey and provide information online, including their driver’s license photos, their employer information, credit card information, and they often paid a monthly fee to be part of this.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics/high-end-brothel-network-arrests

• Haha 3

“Alleged prospective sex buyers in this scheme first had to respond to a survey and provide information online, including their driver’s license photos, their employer information, credit card information, and they often paid a monthly fee to be part of this.”

Seems like valuable blackmail material.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As long as these government officials didn’t give up government information and everyone involved were consenting adults then I have zero problems with this kind of business or dealing.

I am way less outraged about this than the Panama Papers that seemingly went nowhere. That affects we the people more than consenting adults having sex.

• Like 1

Here's the DoJ Press Release... these things are the best.  CNN just cribbed it. Tech and pharma executives also. 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/three-arrested-operating-high-end-brothel-network

According to the charging documents, from at least July 2020, the defendants operated an interstate prostitution network with multiple brothels in Cambridge and Watertown, Mass., as well as in Fairfax and Tysons, Va. 

It is alleged that the defendants collectively established the infrastructure for brothels in multiple states which they used to persuade, induce and entice women – primarily Asian women – to travel to Massachusetts and Virginia to engage in prostitution.  Specifically, the defendants allegedly rented high-end apartment complexes as brothel locations, which they furnished and regularly maintained. The monthly rent for the brothel locations were as high as $3,664. It is further alleged that the defendants coordinated the women’s airline travel and transportation and permitted women to stay overnight in the brothel locations so they did not have to find lodging elsewhere, therefore enticing women to participate in their prostitution network. 

According to the charging documents, the defendants charged sex buyers a premium price for appointments with the women advertised on their websites, which ranged from approximately $350 to upwards of $600 per hour depending on the services and were paid in cash. The defendants allegedly concealed the proceeds of the prostitution network through depositing hundreds of thousands of dollars of cash proceeds into their personal bank accounts and peer-to-peer transfers. Additionally, it is alleged that the defendants regularly used hundreds of thousands of dollars of the cash proceeds from the prostitution business to purchase money orders (in values under an amount that would trigger reporting and identification requirements) to conceal the source of the funds. These money orders were then used to pay for rent and utilities at brothel locations in Massachusetts and Virginia.

Over the course of the investigation, a wide array of buyers were identified, including, but not limited to, politicians, high tech and pharmaceutical executives, doctors, military officers, government contractors that possess security clearances, professors, lawyers, scientists and  accountants.  The investigation into the involvement of sex buyers is active and ongoing.  Members of the public who have questions, concerns or information regarding this case should contact USAMA.VictimAssistance@usdoj.gov.

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

High end? I’ll be the judge of that.

Seriously though, if you have a security clearance, and you’re giving up that information to do that, it’s a problem.

1)  Don't see any mention of people "giving up information to do that".  

2)  Remembering a scene from Frasier.  Niles has hired a sleazy divorce lawyer (played by Saul Rubinek) to help him in his divorce.  

There's a scene.  Frasier opens his door, and sleazy divorce lawyer is standing there, with a cell phone against his ear.  

"Everybody knows you pay hookers in cash!"  

3)  (Everybody, it appears, but Donald Trump.)  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

1)  Don't see any mention of people "giving up information to do that".  

2)  Remembering a scene from Frasier.  Niles has hired a sleazy divorce lawyer (played by Saul Rubinek) to help him in his divorce.  

There's a scene.  Frasier opens his door, and sleazy divorce lawyer is standing there, with a cell phone against his ear.  

"Everybody knows you pay hookers in cash!"  

3)  (Everybody, it appears, but Donald Trump.)  

“Alleged prospective sex buyers in this scheme first had to respond to a survey and provide information online, including their driver’s license photos, their employer information, credit card information, and they often paid amonthly fee to be part of this.”

Let's do a business case analysis. If I were a HS math teacher, this would be fun.

4 brothel locations at an average of $3250 per month.  Expense for 1 year, $156000.  Let's say 20% for utilities... expense is now $187,200. 

Let's assume 4 customers per day at each location.  But only 25 days per month. And assume they are averaging 1 hour of $400 services.  You would be raking in $1.9M. 

Maybe it's only half that.  2 customers a day. $900k gross profit. 

Let's assume they have to pay about half of that to the ladies?  So they net $450k.  

So it's about $450k minus $187k.  Split 3 ways thats $87k each... so $120k equivalent yearly salary?  For this somewhat passive income for the people running it. But if you are running a clip of the high end... thats $250k equivalent each in relatively passive income.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We are talking about consenting adults here right?

I also notice the people who have been arrested are the folks running it, not the “elected officials, military officers, doctors, lawyers” that are using it… 🙄

The adults involved have only consented to participate in private, which sounds like none of our business until you realize that an intelligence service would view this as an answered prayer. Getting video of humiliating kinks, threatening marriages that could result in untold riches changing hands, and the prospect of ruining the reputation of powerful men is tremendous leverage. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

I just realized I missed the whole "monthly subscription" thing. So now I break it down to 100 clients averaging $1000 per month (between subscription and usage) would bring in $1M.  In which case, they were probably getting equivalent of $250k per year.  Thst could be the low end too... 

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Let's do a business case analysis. If I were a HS math teacher, this would be fun.

4 brothel locations at an average of $3250 per month.  Expense for 1 year, $156000.  Let's say 20% for utilities... expense is now $187,200. 

Let's assume 4 customers per day at each location.  But only 25 days per month. And assume they are averaging 1 hour of $400 services.  You would be raking in $1.9M. 

Maybe it's only half that.  2 customers a day. $900k gross profit. 

Let's assume they have to pay about half of that to the ladies?  So they net $450k.  

So it's about $450k minus $187k.  Split 3 ways thats $87k each... so $120k equivalent yearly salary?  For this somewhat passive income for the people running it. But if you are running a clip of the high end... thats $250k equivalent each in relatively passive income.  

Uh, if you were a high school math teacher and brought up a problem solving question involving high end brothels and how much money you could make off of them, I believe you would be fired 😂

ok, if you are independently wealthy it may be fun. But chances of that are slim and I would hope you have a back up job  just in case. Maybe your back up job  could be the start of a high end brothel. 

in your problem, how do you go about starting the business with the necessary employees and capital to make it happen? Also, how do you advertise initially? Plane with a banner? Plane dropping pamphlets? 

inquiring minds want to know how to get started in this business. Also, would you have multiple talent scouts or would you just do it yourself?

A couple of final questions….. Are you taking care of the ladies in the government and other positions of power? Possibly increasing your income. And I will not judge you for this, but would you be the judge of the male talent acquisition or would that go to your wife? Assuming you are straight. If not, who would judge the female talent?

Thanks for your help, 

Prospective Business Owner

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

6 hours ago, Destino said:

The adults involved have only consented to participate in private, which sounds like none of our business until you realize that an intelligence service would view this as an answered prayer. Getting video of humiliating kinks, threatening marriages that could result in untold riches changing hands, and the prospect of ruining the reputation of powerful men is tremendous leverage. 

With any luck, maybe there’s someone in there that we can blackmail into keeping ES up and running. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Uh, if you were a high school math teacher and brought up a problem solving question involving high end brothels and how much money you could make off of them, I believe you would be fired 😂

ok, if you are independently wealthy it may be fun. But chances of that are slim and I would hope you have a back up job  just in case. Maybe your back up job  could be the start of a high end brothel. 

in your problem, how do you go about starting the business with the necessary employees and capital to make it happen? Also, how do you advertise initially? Plane with a banner? Plane dropping pamphlets? 

inquiring minds want to know how to get started in this business. Also, would you have multiple talent scouts or would you just do it yourself?

A couple of final questions….. Are you taking care of the ladies in the government and other positions of power? Possibly increasing your income. And I will not judge you for this, but would you be the judge of the male talent acquisition or would that go to your wife? Assuming you are straight. If not, who would judge the female talent?

Thanks for your help, 

Prospective Business Owner

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Destino said:

This sounds like it would be a problem even if prostitution was decriminalized federally, but DOJ wouldn't be able to blow it up.

*boom, click

Maybe that's the bigger reason there's been zero traction towards federal decriminalization in an effort to make serious efforts on illegal sex trafficing in this country.

@CousinsCowgirl84 I'm with you on keeping an eye on who's arrested here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Didn’t seem to affect Bob Kraft…

With Trump I think we’re getting to the point where people just don’t give a **** anymore

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Just pointing out. When it comes to normal, peon level, prostitution, I get the impression that people don't have a problem with the consumers not really getting much punishment. 

(Me, I think it should be legal. At least unless they can find coercion, or other associated crimes, like blackmail.)