Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

I just don't understand our running game and the scheme. Every single run feels like it's a give-up, useless play. Once in awhile, BRob may break through, but 90 percent of the time it seems like the most you can hope for is a two-yard gain. There's no momentum from the back; they just take the handoff while standing still and then look like they're running in concrete trying to find a hole that rarely opens up. It's truly bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Stroud is absurd.

Not sure what his career trajectory will be in the long run, but he is a rookie, on a bad team with no elite weapons and he still performs. Sometimes, excuses are just that, excuses.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

Just now, dyst said:

Not sure what his career trajectory will be in the long run, but he is a rookie, on a bad team with no elite weapons and performs. Sometimes, excuses are just that, excuses.

I like the coaching he has around him. Stroud and Howell could be the future of the league.

• Like 2

Just now, Dissident2 said:

I just don't understand our running game and the scheme. Every single run feels like it's a give-up, useless play. Once in awhile, BRob may break through, but 90 percent of the time it seems like the most you can hope for is a two-yard gain. There's no momentum from the back; they just take the handoff while standing still and then look like they're running in concrete trying to find a hole that rarely opens up. It's truly bizarre.

That's actually not true.

Up until the last 3 drives, our running game was cranking out 5+ yards a carry.

The reason: It is the complementary part to the quick passing game as an extension of the run game and the passing game in general.

We're a pass-first team.  When we are successful passing, we're successful running.  

When we try to run to kill clock, if fails.  

EB needs to go back and watch mid 2000's Colts 2-minute drives to see how it is done with this type of offense.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Rodgers will not play this season. Not if that Achilles was truly ruptured.

I get the impression he going to try. I have jets tickets with my bussness partner, the rumor is if he going to try it will be the thursday night game in Cleveland. That is the first game after we play them. I think if he does it won't be against us.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I want to say Sam in easily top half of the league the way he is playing right now. My worry is what happens when he is learning his next system next year. 

I don’t worry much about that. Howell has basically been playing at this level since week 1: only the OL adjustments and play calling adjustments have really changed. Makes me think he can do the same thing in another (hopefully better) offense under a better coaching staff.  And he’ll just keep getting better the more he sees out of NFL defenses, so he’ll have a better knowledge base to build from in his next offense. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I get the impression he going to try. I have jets tickets with my bussness partner, the rumor is if he going to try it will be the thursday night game in Cleveland. That is the first game after we play them. I think if he does it won't be against us.

If that Achilles was ruptured and surgically repaired he’s taking a huge risk if he tries to come back this soon. Just can’t see it.

Id say this is more him trying to stay part of the news cycle. Rogers is a great QB but I’m not a fan of the person. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Trying to be as objective as possible, where does Sam Howell rank in the league right now in terms of performance? #10-15? There aren't that many QBs I would take over him today and he has potential to be even better.

sounds about right.  Though there's a few injured guys who would affect things

This Eagles Cowboys game is gonna be awesome. We win and the Giants and Cowboys might lose? That's a great day.

This is great football. Can't wait until we're back in this conversation.

Giants Raiders game is probably slightly worse than the game we just played.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

For to me believe that could happen, I'd have to see us getting destroyed by Justin Fields. There's no way.

as bad as he was did he have a game as ugly as Jets/Giants?

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

This Eagles Cowboys game is gonna be awesome. We win and the Giants and Cowboys might lose? That's a great day.

gimme a Cowboys/Eagles tie

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not sure who I want to lose more in this game. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re all different, I respect that. These games are empty to me, nothing exciting about it at all aside from Howell’s play. I get it though 

I think that we both agree that it's all good for Howell's development :cheers:.

We've definitely found a future star, let's hope we don't **** it up..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1