Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

😂

Just to get back to this again, I actually watched it..... He's 1 for 2 on where past Commies GMs have come from. Vinny did come from Frisco. Bruce Allen did not. Hope he finds some new fans on Twitter to use as his sources.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Been away from the board for a little bit.  Has there been any word about Peters' first press conference as officially this team's new GM?  Here's hoping it's Monday or Tuesday at the latest

Tuesday is the first press conference I believe. 

• Like 4

I read this about Martin Mayhew still being with the Commanders and it makes a lot of sense.

Even if Mayhew's time comes to a close, it may not be immediate as Peters and his new coach would be wise to use his knowledge of the current roster to help accelerate their grasp of where they want to make moves in the coming months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I read this about Martin Mayhew still being with the Commanders and it makes a lot of sense.

Even if Mayhew's time comes to a close, it may not be immediate as Peters and his new coach would be wise to use his knowledge of the current roster to help accelerate their grasp of where they want to make moves in the coming months.

I wont be shocked if Mayhew is retained...

• Thanks 2

It really was a blessing that the previous owner stopped investing $$$ into this team. Without that; we could have been crippled with no cap space this coming year, and the job not being as nearly attractive as it was. The timing of the sale was perfect in that Ron couldn’t invest in free agency, and we were guaranteed of his ineptitude to line us up with the draft position we’re in. 

My year of actively rooting against the team winning was so worth it: even though it hurt my soul to do it. Extremely excited about the future! Feels like forever since I’ve rooted for a competent organization. 

Hail!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Dang, Keim got up from his nap and chose violence. He is not having it.

Like an ES mod after a bad hangover. Just searching for a body.

esjz1xmddio.jpg.c58ef2b479ea694882f0fa5fbc2e621b.jpg

I’m sure he’s sick of receiving questions about an irrelevant, bad coordinator from fans who don’t know better. Same as I got sick of reading them here lol

• Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1

I've always thought that Josh's whole plan in hiring Myers was specifically to get to Peters. Now, there seems to be many who think Peters brings Johnson with him (bolding is mine).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lions-johnson-commanders-coach-favorite/ar-AA1mSEoO

Lions' Johnson: Commanders Coach Favorite?

The Washington Commanders have tabbed former San Francisco 49ers executive Adam Peters to be their next general manager. Could Peters pick the hottest coordinator in the NFL to take over as coach of the Commanders

At the very least, Johnson appears to be a distinct possibility in Washington. Within minutes of news breaking that Peters was headed to D.C., multiple NFL insiders quickly connected Johnson to the opening. That's probably not a coincidence. 

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media relayed that Johnson is "firmly in play" to be the next coach of the Commanders.

Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports said to "keep a close eye" on Johnson to be the successor to Ron Rivera.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN added "some league circles are watching a potential pairing" between Peters and Johnson.

JP Finlay of NBC 4 opined that he believes the team's next move will be to hire Johnson. 

When four people in the know put out similar messages within 20 minutes of each other, that's not a case of great minds thinking alike. That's an organization trying to set expectations for what's about to come next. Granted, Johnson is likely going to have his pick of multiple jobs in this cycle. But you're beginning to get the sense that part of Peters' pitch to the Commanders was that Johnson would be coming with him. 

As offensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions, Johnson has helped to revive the career of quarterback Jared Goff, while also presiding over the development of a pair of star rookies this season in tight end Sam LaPorta and running back Jahmyr Gibbs. You never know how someone will transition from coordinator to head coach until they do it, but for a team likely to select at quarterback in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, Johnson would make sense. 

The one caveat here is that the Lions are preparing for a playoff game Sunday evening against the Los Angeles Rams. Johnson won't be eligible to have a virtual meeting with the Commanders or any other interested teams until next Wednesday. The Commanders couldn't officially sign Johnson to be their coach until whenever Detroit's postseason run concludes.<< 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I think what's missed here whether Peters had input in the Lance decision or not and I've read Kyle makes all the QB decisions, he's willing to keep swinging and take chances with the draft/players.  We've had such predictable people making conservative moves here.  I think Peters will be empowered without worrying about job security.

All he has to do is be better than a guy who traded up for Camaron Cheeseman to be an improvement here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So now I'm wondering, if Ben Johnson does become our HC, would he and Peters keep Howell as the QB and draft Marvin Harrison Jr? Johnson did an amazing job of reviving Jared Goff's career. Could he do the same with Howell? If he thinks he could, Marvin Harrison Jr would be a no brainer for our draft pick. Howell did a good job for the first half of the season before the wheels fell off. I blame the coaching staff for a lot of that. They sucked as game planners and as teachers.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

So now I'm wondering, if Ben Johnson does become our HC, would he and Peters keep Howell as the QB and draft Marvin Harrison Jr? Johnson did an amazing job of reviving Jared Goff's career. Could he do the same with Howell? If he thinks he could, Marvin Harrison Jr would be a no brainer for our draft pick. Howell did a good job for the first half of the season before the wheels fell off. I blame the coaching staff for a lot of that. They sucked as game planners and as teachers.

im growing tired of short qbs

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

No. He develops both the rookie and Howell. Howell probably ends up as a quality backup like Colt McCoy or if he improves a lot a potential trade chip next year or comp pick when he leaves in FA.

• Like 2

Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson apparently wants at least $15 million per year to be a head coach

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-offensive-coordinator-ben-johnson-apparently-wants-at-least-15-million-per-year-to-be-a-head-coach/

If he does come here, it'll  be interesting to see how much he ends up getting, compared to those others. Especially McDaniel.