Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I'm beginning to feel more optimistic about Anthony Weaver being available for DC.

I used to think MacDonald was a lock to get a HC position this cycle but now I'm not so sure.

Patriots: Mayo

Raiders: Pierce

Titans: Callahan

Commies: Ben Johnson

Chargers: Harbaugh

Falcons: Belichick after he wins his power struggle w/ the FO

Panthers: Canales

Seahawks: Quinn

All of a sudden no more spots for MacDonald. He and Slowik could become the main prizes for next year's cycle, leaving Weaver open to a promotion down the beltway in DC if he so desires.   

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Ideally, it would be wild to have them coaching in a Commanders/Ravens Superbowl a year from now. We can dream.

Florio has still been pushing BB all over the place. Earlier today he had him going to either Philly or Dallas, or even to Buffalo...even though none of those teams currently have openings. That never bothers Florio though.

I think BB has better options next year as teams more suited for him, will have openings.

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm beginning to feel more optimistic about Anthony Weaver being available for DC.

I used to think MacDonald was a lock to get a HC position this cycle but now I'm not so sure.

All of a sudden no more spots for MacDonald. He and Slowik could become the main prizes for next year's cycle, leaving Weaver open to a promotion down the beltway in DC if he so desires.   

He's been interviewed by the Falcons, even if he is hired that doesn't necessarily means he'll bring in Weaver. He could choose Jesse Minter.

Edited by FrFan

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The Seahawks are still a bit of a wild card. Everyone is linking Quinn to them but they could still go in a different direction like perhaps Vrabel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

He's been interviewed by the Falcons, even if he is hired that doesn't necessarily means he'll bring in Weaver. He could choose Jesse Minter.

I think the logic is that if MacDonald gets a HC position, Weaver would take over as DC in Baltimore (if MacDonald doesn't bring him along).

But I tend to think Arthur Blank sides with Belichick over the FO and ultimately gives him free reign to shape the org how he wants and Belichick goes to Atlanta (and signs Cousins).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think the logic is that if MacDonald gets a HC position, Weaver would take over as DC in Baltimore (if MacDonald doesn't bring him along).

But I tend to think Arthur Blank sides with Belichick over the FO and ultimately gives him free reign to shape the org how he wants and Belichick goes to Atlanta (and signs Cousins).

So we're left with Morris and Quinn or am I missing someone else ?

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Absolutely 0 idea how this guy got TWO jobs with good teams and organizations after failing so spectacularly here.

Then again, I'm still shocked ol' gum chewer himself is still Special Teams Coach in Pittsburgh every time I see them on TV. 

5 hours ago, philibusters said:

Until the Lions are eliminated from the playoffs, we are not even allowed to do an in person interview with Ben Johnson.    In terms of Johnson, it won't move to the next stage until the Lions are eliminated from the playoffs, so expect things to remain in limbo until the Lions are eliminated.  I think you are worrying about noise, when noise is inevitable in situations like this.

I think if your candidate is on a SuperBowl team, you can interview them at the beginning of the SuperBowl bye week but can’t hire them until after their season is over.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

What info were you sharing that most of us weren’t aware of?

Ben Johnson is going to wind up our head coach. 

He’s not, yet, though because he is the OC of the Detroit Lions.

I will PM you who the next HC is.  But keep it between us. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Absolutely 0 idea how this guy got TWO jobs with good teams and organizations after failing so spectacularly here.

A consequence of the Snyder era "Reverse Midas Effect".

Everyone who came here and served under Danny boy (so to speak 😉) failed miserably.

No matter how successful and well regarded they were before they joined our sinister den of sadness their tenure ended the same way-- they left humiliated,  tails tucked between their legs,  tear filled eyes downcast, with their once gleaming reputations in complete tatters.

The benefit of our chaos, for future employment, is that in an interview you can reasonably dismiss your failure here as being the result of circumstances (ie the culture) that were completely beyond your, or anyone else's, control.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

OK, new Keim with Bram.  Same thing...

A.  Johnson is the favorite

B.  He's not slam dunk the favorite the way Peters was

C. A great interview from any of these guys can change the game

D.  Asking around the league, he gets more props about Quinn than any of these coaching prospects

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is something I'll never understand about the NFL. Bad coaches keep finding teams to hire them.

The article that mentioned him being fired had this to say.....

Packers opponents regularly exploited the middle of the field and Barry seemed hesitant to blitz and pressure the passer in critical late-game situations.

Barry, who has also served as DC in Washington and Detroit, will surely land elsewhere this offseason.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I will PM you who the next HC is.  But keep it between us. 

I just read it.

Thats crazy you’d pull that name out. Your sources are in real deep, sir.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just read it.

Thats crazy you’d pull that name out. Your sources are in real deep, sir.

My sauces; Jack, Jim, Johnny and his Old Grandad are telling me Ben Johnson is a lock to be a coach next year.

MV5BNTQ5NzljOTMtNmYyMi00YTAzLWI3ZTEtZWFlYTI4ZDY5MTAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1