Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, new Keim with Bram.  Same thing...

A.  Johnson is the favorite

B.  He's not slam dunk the favorite the way Peters was

C. A great interview from any of these guys can change the game

D.  Asking around the league, he gets more props about Quinn than any of these coaching prospects

C. Is very critical.

Even seemingly "done deals" can be dismantled by an unexpectedly stellar face to face performance from a longshot candidate.

If memory serves it wasn't so long ago that every tv pundit was reporting that our own beloved Russ Grimm was a shoo in for the Steelers head coaching gig.

All that was needed was the obligatory compliance with the nascent "Rooney Rule", after which the contract for Russ Grimm would be signed, sealed, and delivered.

However, a relatively unknown, young confudent Mike Tomlin had other plans.

He sauntered in and according to all reports, was so spectacular, well prepared, and convincing, that he bedazzled everyone in attendance. 

(Rumor has it that old man Rooney's mouth was agape with awe and his false teeth fell out of his mouth and onto the conference table when Tomlin finished his mesmerizing pitch.)

Anything can happen.

The game is afoot.

Let the best man win!

This will be a fascinating fortnite.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, new Keim with Bram.  Same thing...

A.  Johnson is the favorite

C. A great interview from any of these guys can change the game

D.  Asking around the league, he gets more props about Quinn than any of these coaching prospects

Those purporting the deal is done.

Read this. Read it again. Once more, for good measure.

I am fully on board with Ben Johnson as the next HC. I fully expect him to be the next HC. But just spouting off about the deal is done when you're less in-the-know than Rick Snider should be a bannable offense for spreading bull****.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just read it.

Thats crazy you’d pull that name out. Your sources are in real deep, sir.

You'll never BELIEVE who'll be the next HC of the Washington Commanders! THE DEAL IS DONE!!! CLICK HERE TO BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just read it.

Thats crazy you’d pull that name out. Your sources are in real deep, sir.

Wow. You did that fast.  The coded message.   All people have to do is rearrange the letters from your post and tie it to the equivalent number and the answer is there.  It took me 10 minutes to figure out what you did. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Those purporting the deal is done.

Read this. Read it again. Once more, for good measure.

I am fully on board with Ben Johnson as the next HC. I fully expect him to be the next HC. But just spouting off about the deal is done when you're less in-the-know than Rick Snider should be a bannable offense for spreading bull****.

Yeah the Rick Snider analogy is on point.

If you want click bait, go with the a guess that is most likely true and just say it is actually true.

We had like 4 false reads with people on twitter saying the sale is done with Dan last year including from Snider.

I trust Keim if he says its not a done deal, I trust it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow. You did that fast.  The coded message.   All people have to do is rearrange the letters from your post and tie it to the equivalent number and the answer is there.  It took me 10 minutes to figure out what you did. 

giphy.gif

I want to protect your source. 

But also respect the tremendous honor you’ve bestowed upon me to tell me and no one else who the next HC is. I mean, the name you sent me is someone we’d all get behind I think. 

He has a great set of performances and is a really outside the box kind of thinker. He and Peters should jive well. Really opens a lot of doors.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

A consequence of the Snyder era "Reverse Midas Effect".

Everyone who came here and served under Danny boy (so to speak 😉) failed miserably.

No matter how successful and well regarded they were before they joined our sinister den of sadness their tenure ended the same way-- they left humiliated,  tails tucked between their legs,  tear filled eyes downcast, with their once gleaming reputations in complete tatters.

The benefit of our chaos, for future employment, is that in an interview you can reasonably dismiss your failure here as being the result of circumstances (ie the culture) that were completely beyond your, or anyone else's, control.

Not sure that applies to Joe Barry lol...

He was the DC on the 2008 Lions, who went 0-16 and whose defense allowed the most points in the NFL. Between then and the time he was hired by the Redskins Barry was the linebackers coach for like 4 different teams. After he left us, he went back to being a linebackers coach for the Chargers, maybe? (I don't remember lol)...after that, he was named DC for the Packers.

His only two stints as DC did not go well, at all. Had nothing to do with Snyder. And I think his father-in-law was the head coach for the Lions when he was hired as their DC. He probably got the job because the head coach's daughter said "Pleeeeease, daddy?" lol...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

In business, there's a difference between "this is an open process and anything can happen" and "this is essentially done but a few steps have to transpire before it's official and theoretically things could fall through between now and then" and "this is officially done".

We all know we're not at the third step. But there is a meaningful difference between steps 1 and 2. Just saying. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

In business, there's a difference between "this is an open process and anything can happen" and "this is essentially done but a few steps have to transpire before it's official and theoretically things could fall through between now and then" and "this is officially done".

We all know we're not at the third step. But there is a meaningful difference between steps 1 and 2. Just saying. 

“essentially done”

”officially done”

There are operative words there that we use to make sure we convey the full message.

There is a difference, as you say above.

Let’s stick to reports as reports.

Just now, Llevron said:

Which one of the mods can make them stop keeping secrets. 

I WANT TO KNOWWWWWW

I’ll send you my Venmo. Protecting SIP’s sources aren’t that important to me…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

This is going to  be my new "Not Belichick gif:

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is going to  be my new "Not Belichick gif:

Have you considered that John Keim's risk-averse style implies when he makes a prediction on something happening, it will likely happen... but that if his message is open-ended, that reality might be more definitive or skewed in a direction than what he is communicating?

Have you considered the the FO/ownership group may be incentivized to spread a certain message about the kind of process they're running, and they may be deliberate in influencing the message that gets out there via people like Keim?

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I want to protect your source. 

But also respect the tremendous honor you’ve bestowed upon me to tell me and no one else who the next HC is. I mean, the name you sent me is someone we’d all get behind I think. 

He has a great set of performances and is a really outside the box kind of thinker. He and Peters should jive well. Really opens a lot of doors.

It’s both an interesting and important choice.

I told you considering the connections to update NY in play with this dude that you’d above all appreciate it more than most 

• Like 1

Forums are supposed to share information.  That's what we do.  Uncool.  It's not like one of the people on this forum are going to be put in jail for releasing some information they heard.  LOL

Just now, RWJ said:

Forums are supposed to share information.  That's what we do.  Uncool.  It's not like one of the people on this forum are going to be put in jail for releasing some information they heard.  LOL

I’ll send you my Venmo, too, I’m equal opportunity.

Also, rip SIP’s sources

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s both an interesting and important choice.

I told you considering the connections to update NY in play with this dude that you’d above all appreciate it more than most 

I’d argue more western, NY, personally.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they have bigger plans for him maybe working side by side with Jason Wright on the next round of the name change 

I thought he was going to be Raheem Morris' defensive assistant.

• Haha 3