Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Considering EB had character and other concerns from his college coaching days, it does not surprise me that he’s trying to prop himself up in order to save face. Good riddance, you will not be missed.

• Like 2

And what position would’ve Quinn offered you to turn down?  Just spinning to make yourself look good. Quinn when asked about you in his opening press conference said he wouldn’t be working with you. You were never in Quinn’s plans and were never offered a position.

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

And what position would’ve Quinn offered you to turn down?  Just spinning to make yourself look good. Quinn when asked about you in his opening press conference said he wouldn’t be working with you. You were never in Quinn’s plans and were never offered a position.

Well, we don’t know that for sure. He may have been offered something like passing game coordinator or RBs coach before Quinn’s presser. If it were a coordinator position, he probably would have said yes.

• Like 1

EB is such an ego driven turd for putting it out there that he chose not to stay when it was clear as day that no one wanted him.  Additionally classless by Florio for putting out there.  Florio, who last year was a fanboy for Rodgers before he went down, can't wait for the chance to put down this franchise as if it's still owned by the previous ownership.  Loser mentality by both

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mh86 said:

Well, we don’t know that for sure. He may have been offered something like passing game coordinator or RBs coach before Quinn’s presser. If it were a coordinator position, he probably would have said yes.

I doubt it.  Even in those brief comments Quinn made about EB, you could tell he wasn’t considering offering EB anything.

EB’s just spinning.  So he got fired. Big deal. His former boss Ron, got fired. People knew with a new coach; he would likely replace most if not all of the  holdover staff.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mh86 said:

Yeah, we really don't know. Prior to Quinn's statement in his press conference there had been no news. His statement, 
“I think he’s an excellent coach. I had a chance to visit with him today. We’ll continue that dialogue, but we’re not going to work together here”
was the first and only that we heard. The assumption has been that they offered him nothing, but it is just an assumption.

I hated the play calling. He seemed to be doing everything in his power to break a young QB.  But they may have tried to find a place for him on the new offense where they felt he'd be a positive, and that more than likely would have been a huge step down that he was not interested in doing. There's a huge group on this new staff who seem to have enthusiastically  accepted positions which are lower than they had achieved in the past. But they were coming to a new team with a unique situation. He would have been stepping down on the same team and I can see how that would not have been the best move for his career and ego at this point.

I was disappointed and then angry about the offense under Bieniemy, but that doesn't mean he and Quinn didn't discuss the possibility of a new role for him on this team. And a less than enthusiastic response during that conversation would probably have ended up with both sides deciding he should move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What position would he have been offered? RB coach? Zero chance. BRob was the first to complain about EB and we brought Anthony Lynn who's clearly head and shoulders above most of the league and has had open dialogue with his friend AP. 

EB didn't get offered ****. He had one meeting with our initial round and done.

I guess we know now why EB has flunked 16 interviews.

• Like 2

UCLA loses Ken Norton Jr and gains EB....

There is a second transfer portal in April I believe. It's late but I can't help but wonder if some Bruins will enter the portal, especially the QB's after watching what happened to Howell.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There is no way Dan offered EB a spot on the staff, he likely provided the professional courtesy of interviewing him for a spot on the staff.  It’s all semantics.  EB likely had too much pride and ego to even entertain such a scenario in the first place, hence “I just chose not to stay”.

The funny thing is all the dingbats saying how good he was in KC and how all the players loved him, he delivered a speech! Blah, blah, blah.

He was asked to do more here. He did not have Andy Reid leading the way. He was asked to lead and he failed, utterly. For those that say he had bad talent--you're probably right. We had bad talent. He did not maximize the talent we had. Metrics show how poorly our WRs separated--that's on scheme IMO, especially someone like McLaurin. He was marginally better than Turner. He made precious few adjustments and it showed.

This is a laughable quote from Bieniemy.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

What to expect from Kliff Kingsbury’s offense? Not the ‘Air Raid.’

In their first days together, the Washington Commanders’ new coaches have stressed that no one — including them — knows what the team’s offense will look like next season. They say it’s too early, that they’re still figuring out what they want to build, that they’ll mold the scheme to their roster, which is going to change a lot over the next couple months.

So far, one of the only things clear is what it’s not: the “Air Raid,” the pass-heavy, shotgun-based scheme offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury came up in.

Kingsbury said he “wouldn’t categorize anything we do under that name.” Offensive line coach Bobby Johnson said some of the stuff Kingsbury ran with the Arizona Cardinals “doesn’t look like Air Raid.” Quarterbacks coach Tavita Pritchard said it’s “super reductive if you say, ‘Kliff is Air Raid.’ ”

“We want to be balanced,” Kingsbury said. “We want to be able to run the football and play-action pass and really do whatever it takes to win.”

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

“We want to be balanced,” Kingsbury said. “We want to be able to run the football and play-action pass and really do whatever it takes to win.”

Dear Kliff, I wasn't excited when I first heard of your hire because the Air Raid stinks. Your skills with the above added in sound awesome. Can't wait to see how it translates and what players are brought in to extenuate the new offense! Thank you!

16 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wish he said it in third person.

LOL. This whole thing was a great reminder for us that speaking in third person is always a huge red flag. As was never having called plays and being turned down for coaching jobs multiple times. But the biggest red flag of all should have been that Andy Reid of all people was trying to pawn him off on us.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

LOL. This whole thing was a great reminder for us that speaking in third person is always a huge red flag. As was never having called plays and being turned down for coaching jobs multiple times. But the biggest red flag of all should have been that Andy Reid of all people was trying to pawn him off on us.

I agree, we should have a "do not trade with" poster of Andy Reid in our front offices because it's not gonna end well if we do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Lots of athletes refer to themselves in the 3rd person, it seems. And Reid has a history of pulling the wool over the Skins/Manders' eyes (see McNabb, Donovan, and Smith, Alex).

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Dear Kliff, I wasn't excited when I first heard of your hire because the Air Raid stinks. Your skills with the above added in sound awesome. Can't wait to see how it translates and what players are brought in to extenuate the new offense! Thank you!

He's a smart guy, a football junkie, and still pretty young. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he's learned some things and adapted.

I remember when Kyle Shanahan was universally despised before Quinn hired him as Falcons OC.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Lots of athletes refer to themselves in the 3rd person, it seems. And Reid has a history of pulling the wool over the Skins/Manders' eyes (see McNabb, Donovan, and Smith, Alex).

The "walrus" must feel depressed since the only owner he could fool is gone for good.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

People who refer to themselves in 3rd person are the same kind of people who name players with their last name first to add the ol razzle dazzle to their posts.

• Haha 4