Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Harris literally built a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR FORTUNE by figuring out who the doofuses were when he bought a company, expunging them and bringing in more qualified people to run the organization.

There are a lot of negative things I can say about PE guys.  A LOT.

However, the ones who are successful can figure out quickly if an exec is full of poop or knows his stuff.  If Wright is full of poop, then he will be gone.  

I knew I liked you.  McKinsey being described as a viper pit and a factory of evil is absolutely spot on.  Just for knowing, I'm going to steal that and not give you credit. (Viper Pit I've used.  I've never used factory of evil. But now I'm going to.) :P

The other thing about McKinsey folks is they are great at running analyses and presenting strategy decks but most of them suck at actual implementation and operations because so much of their work is done in ivory towers. I worked directly for a McKinsey partner who was brought in to be the defacto President at one company I was at and I watched his car wreck of a tenure play out over 3 years.

Edited by method man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm busy right now, but from what I just read above it sounds like stuff that doesn't belong in the stadium is being posted. I suggest if that's the case, anyone involved better edit their posts before I get back.

ES has given me a better understanding of why some animals eat their young.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

The guy was the face of the rebrand and lied to fans multiple times about the Sean Taylor number retirement and mannequin installation. We don’t need any continuity Jason brings.

I seriously don’t understand people wanting to keep him or give him a chance. Why? He has done nothing for any NFL team and has royally screwed up everything he has touched here. The negativity he has with the fans who know who he is far exceeds anything positive he brings table. Dump his ass and move on. 

The fact that the face of the re-brand was an executive and not the owner or a blue-chip player says more about the re-brand/owner than the actual face. The Sean Taylor debacle is NOT his fault. That wire monstrosity, again, was about the owner.

I don't care about giving him anything. The guy who paid $6 billion+ for the team sees business value in keeping the guy around. 

Business.

You're speaking from emotions.

Harris has good business sense or he wouldn't have been in a position to buy the team. Again, I have no problem putting a retread in a position of value... as long as that position is not one that gives the retread power or influence to dabble in football operations without oversight. None of the retread/holdover have autonomy.  So there's no quibble from me, because there is no emotional aspect attached to non-football operational positions.  What are we going to argue about next... who the VP of Ticketing is?  Wtf cares?

BTW- 9/10 that person is a holdover too...

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Absolutely.

I just think an experienced executive with a track-record of positively impacting an organization better serves that goal vs. a Snyder holdover, with Snyder baggage, that was hired out of typical Snyder desperation.

Agree but you got Josh Harris who can evaluate that same dude.  And he can do it miles better than any of us can do it.  Josh is dealing with him I gather almost every day. 

Unlike Dan who I think couldn't even run a hot dog stand out of business -- Josh has been a wildy successful business person with the reputaton of hiring the best of the best.  Heck the dude got Bob Myers of all people to help with the GM search.  So what would be the odds that Jason is a total dud and Harris is riding with him anyway? 

I recall the rumors were that Josh from his other work knows so many people who run a good business including sports teams that it was Jason's job that was expected to be in jeopardy for that reason.  Yet he survives.

Especially considering they are in hot pursuit of a stadium with some saying by this year is likely the one where they land on something -- if its time to move Jason out it would be now.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So what would be the odds that Jason is a total dud and Harris is riding with him anyway? 

My take would be that it's more likely that Wright is a functional enough placeholder for the time being and is still on the list of problems to be fixed...just after major football side changes.

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

My take would be that it's more likely that Wright is a functional enough placeholder for the time being and is still on the list of problems to be fixed...just after major football side changes.

Maybe.  But posting a ton abut Josh Harris before he even bought the team, he doesn't come off like a dude who swallows functional and that goes double on the business side.

A big part of how he made his money is by buying distressed companies and rebuilding them into something much bigger-and better in part by hiring top people to help make that happen.  Ironically this is even more so for Mitchell Rales with Danaher.  

This is a distressed company basically that needs to be rebuilt.  Judging from insiders, like Sheehan, they decided Ron wasn't the guy before the season even went off the rails.  They don't tend to dawdle on making changes if they feel they must be done.  If we were in the middle of the season, I'd get the waiting for this.  But the time seems perfect to do it now. 

New regime, new start but more on point from what I understand they are full speed right now chasing the stadium -- if you are dumping Jason now is the time to do it I'd guess not when they are even deeper in that process.  But will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You seem to be confusing indifference to “wanting to keep him or give him a chance”.  Most of us just find no significance to him staying or going.  

So most if not all would not be upset if he is fired. Many want him gone. So he needs to go. 

“Indifference” to being lied to is fitting for your username. Others are not as forgiving. He can take Major Tuddy and walk out the door. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So most if not all would not be upset if he is fired. Many want him gone. So he needs to go. 

“Indifference” to being lied to is fitting for your username. Others are not as forgiving. He can take Major Tuddy and walk out the door. 

90% of our fanbase probably aren't even aware of some of the things that happened 2-3 years ago nor would they care.

Time to move forward, he's here for now regardless of people on the internet holding a forever grudge against the guy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

90% of our fanbase probably aren't even aware of some of the things that happened 2-3 years ago nor would they care.

Time to move forward, he's here for now regardless of people on the internet holding a forever grudge against the guy.

2-3 years ago is like this morning. I still have grudges here with people from the Mark Brunel v Ramsey v Campbell era. 😂 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

2-3 years ago is like this morning. I still have grudges here with people from the Mark Brunel v Ramsey v Campbell era. 😂 

True, but who is this Mark you're referring to? I think you have him confused with Redskins legend, Scott Brunell.

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I’d argue that being obsessed with the president of business ops being fired is much more indicative of battered fan syndrome than those of us that couldn’t care less.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

JW might suck. I have no clue what he does, but he was stuck being Dans mouth piece and dealing with a ton of incompetence and creepy buffoonery.

I do know that none of you toolboxes would be on ES complaining about him, if it wasn't for him (and Magic and me)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I got this joke and I feel proud of myself.  

And would like to send a thank you to the late, great Mr. Joey Sexton, my Trigonometry teacher from 30 years ago.  Also worked for him selling Christmas trees, because he owned a Christmas tree farm.  

One of the best teachers I ever had and one of my first employers. 

As a Christmas Tree farmer myself. I wholeheartedly approve this message. The young men (referred to as "Farm Bucks" at my place) bought in to making sure my patrons always left happy. Whether it's helping them select, cutting, hauling, blowing, or tying trees, they learned how to be happy even on the coldest nastiest days. All of them have turned out to be fine young men as well. Now I know why I like you VOR. Thanks for sharing this 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

As a Christmas Tree farmer myself. I wholeheartedly approve this message. The young men (referred to as "Farm Bucks" at my place) bought in to making sure my patrons always left happy. Whether it's helping them select, cutting, hauling, blowing, or tying trees, they learned how to be happy even on the coldest nastiest days. All of them have turned out to be fine young men as well. Now I know why I like you VOR. Thanks for sharing this 

I’m fairness, all I did was help pick out the trees and tie them to cars.  The farm was in southern VA somewhere so by the time they got up here to nova, all the hard work was done.  But it was a good first job for a very young kid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Tuddy could be a thread all his own lol. I’m sure it was focus grouped (kindergartners?) but if Tuddy was Wrights idea then yeah he definitely needs to go ….like yesterday.

I don't think any young-skewing focus group would willingly select prune flavored candy.

It an object meant mostly for young fans in a packaging that only has value to dinosaurs.

dumb on dumb

Anthony Armstrong: Washington Commanders' All-Star Staff "Like Autobots Assembling"

In the latest installment of his podcast Bleav In Commanders, host and former Washington then-Redskins running back Anthony Armstrong takes stock of an absolutely loaded coaching staff behind new head coach Dan Quinn, most recently the defensive coordinator of a solid Detroit Lions squad.

Quinn has brought in former Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brian Johnson to serve as his assistant head coach and offensive pass game coordinator, former USC senior offensive analyst Kliff Kingsbury as his offensive coordinator, ex-Dallas Cowboys pass game coordinator and secondary coach Joe Whitt Jr., and more.

"These men that are joining this roster and this coaching staff, it it's like the Autobots assembling or something like that, right?" Armstrong says. "It's like all the Marvel characters coming up out of the water, jumping up on to the side of the of the, you know, the ocean or whatever it is.

"But you're seeing names come in and it makes a lot of sense. There's not a lot of like, well, who's that guy? Or this is so-and-so son, and they're just bringing him up so he can be in the mix," he adds. "You're bringing in some talented people who've been in this game for a while and they're going to bring a lot of value to this roster.

"A good few days in the coaching staff-wise are building this thing up. You're going to have one of the more deep coaching staffs because of Brian Johnson being on the offensive side and Kliff Kingsbury, Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt. Like who gets to be the assistant head coach at that thing? I mean, there's a lot of people who are walking in here that have a lot of clout and have a lot of notches in their belt."

It's a loaded group, designed to help Washington reach its first postseason since 2020. We'll see if this sideline personnel upgrade translates to winning on the gridiron.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think any young-skewing focus group would willingly select prune flavored candy.

It an object meant mostly for young fans in a packaging that only has value to dinosaurs.

dumb on dumb

Worked for A1 and Dr Pepper.

Hard to believe the most exciting part of this thread has become prune flavored stuff and VoRs youthful time as a christmas tree herder.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

In the latest installment of his podcast Bleav In Commanders, host and former Washington then-Redskins running back Anthony Armstrong

Running Back?? This is Anthony Armstrong erasure. Have we really strayed so far from god

Whenever the boys are sitting naming random NFL WRs of yesteryear, AA is a finishing move. His 2010 season at age 27 with 40 catches and 850 yards after never logging a single stat before is all-time flash in the pan status.

All that said, he seems to echo many’s sentiments on this board and elsewhere. Love that Quinn has a deep talented staff, with pieces ready to be called up if we find success and face attrition. 

Edited by “Misdirection”
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, “Misdirection” said:

Running Back?? This is Anthony Armstrong erasure. Have we really strayed so far from god

Whenever the boys are sitting naming random NFL WRs of yesteryear, AA is a finishing move. His 2010 season at age 27 with 40 catches and 850 yards after never logging a single stat before is all-time flash in the pan status.

All that said, he seems to echo many’s sentiments on this board and elsewhere. Love that Quinn has a deep talented staff, with pieces ready to be called up if we find success and face attrition. 

I loved AAA in 2010. He caught bomb after bomb that season. If I remember correctly, that year was also Brandon Banks’s big season as a return man

• Like 3

Realize we wouldn’t know or care about JW if we didn’t go through the rebrand, but…Major Tuddy and the C name are both pathetic. Embarrassingly bad. Can’t just pin that all on Snyder. I personally trust Harris and company to make the right move here, but also I totally understand those who want him out asap. Can’t wait for free agency to start so we can have something more interesting to argue about!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Realize we wouldn’t know or care about JW if we didn’t go through the rebrand, but…Major Tuddy and the C name are both pathetic. Embarrassingly bad. Can’t just pin that all on Snyder. I personally trust Harris and company to make the right move here, but also I totally understand those who want him out asap. Can’t wait for free agency to start so we can have something more interesting to argue about!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that our current horrible name wasn't a directive from Daniel. Our pig mascot was the result of making the best of a garbage situation. 

Plus all mascots are terrible anyway, they're not really for 15-70 year olds.

• Like 2