Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Keep hiring coaches for the offense, every added name means a better hedge against The Bobby Johnson Effect being more than a one-off, er, two-off, situation. Think of the children, GMAP, think of the poor little toddler QBs.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

When the KK news/speculation first started, I noted here that it'd be wise ti pair him with an experienced NFL hand on O. I love the pairing with Lynn.

Also, when our assistants are poached, the train can keep on rollin'. Quinn is doing a helluva job with this staff.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

12 seems way low.

It may have been an old stat. I thought it seemed low for today's NFL. We do have a full staff which I like. Our previous owner was so cheap. He cut corners wherever he could.

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Yes, and the way that Adam Peters drafts is just like Beathard too.  Gems in the middle/late rounds.  Great to have to Beathard protégées here!  

Beathard was always willing to trade down if he felt there were gems in the later rounds. In his 11 years in Washington, the Redskins had only three first-round picks. Fans would go crazy but he had a eye for talent and had coaches who could turn mid to late rounders into excellent players.

• Like 4

Just now, HigSkin said:

Blough was a QB in Arizonia with Kingsbury.  Maybe brought in to help teach the scheme?

Yep. Great get. Apparently he is extremely bright. Assuming Brian Johnson gets poached, my guess is Pritchard moves up to PGC and Blough becomes QB coach

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Blough was a QB in Arizona with Kingsbury.  Maybe brought in to help teach the scheme?

Damn a QB coach and an assistant QB coach. Seems like we will have coaches and assistant coaches for every position. 

• Like 2

Man, The Commanders name might be appropriate this year. It sounds like we have a coaching staff of Generals that are preparing us to go to war. I'm pumped for this season and we still have Free Agency and the Draft still to go. Quinn and Peters are killing it right now. One thing is very clear. Dan Snyder has left the building. Josh Harris is building something special here!!! 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

in my office theres myself the commanders fan, a cowboys fan, a giants fan, and eagles fan.  After seeing all the hires from Peters to the staff they all told me in 2 to 3 yrs the commanders are gonna run the division and leave the rest in the dust.  The fans in the know in the division are scared.  This new regime is delibrite, thorough, smart and wasting no time correcting the ship and bringing this franchise to where it was before napoleon.  This team will be back to being a marquee franchise soon enough

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

It's surreal how many talented people want to work here.  They're straight making up coaching jobs now just to get anyone with football expertise on the payroll.

Its amazing to see how many bright minds are fighting to get here now....what a change a new owner makes!  Our current owner is truly respected.   I can't wait to see the benefits of this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Killer staff so far ,experience won’t be an issue but have to wonder how hard it will be to manage that many type A personalities. 

Was thinking the same. But something tells me DQ knows it won’t be a problem and everyone will know their role and be focused on one goal. Probably a reason he brought them in in the first place.

I still think about the words GMAP said in DQ’s presser…”He still has some tricks up his sleeve” when talking about filling out the staff. 

The man won’t lying…and DQ apparently has some mighty long sleeves. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I am relieved that Peters hired Lance Newmark from the Lions to be the Assistant GM.

If I was the owner I would tell Peters to let Hurney and Mayhew hit the road.

Hurney's new title will be Advisory Role whatever that means and Mayhew will be Senior Personnel Executive

and Advisor to Peters.  I hope Peters doesn't feel that he must work with Mayhew just because they worked in SF together.

You probably do not need either one of them.  I hope after next year Peters will re-evaluate their work to see how much

they are contributing to the front office.

I expect both to be gone after the draft.  Since they’ve done a lot of work preparing already, we are keeping them now to assist. They know the current roster, which helps Adam and his new guys.  I don’t see either here long term. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I wonder if the Martys are being retained for now to help with decisions on who to resign.  They could help with character traits and some of the behind the scenes stuff for guys like curl. James Smith Williams, obada etc

Then once summertime hits they could be relieved of their duties.

Steve wilks is now available. at the rate we're going, Maybe we can talk him into assistant to the assistant of the d line

They know the current roster; so that probably reason they are still here. After the draft, they would no longer be needed.