Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I find this interesting.  This will be interesting to watch, I think about MacDonald's short tenure at Seattle and I have to wonder if it was his idea or not.  First time HC.  

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Joe Whitt Jr. did good things for the DBs in Green Bay.  Good for him getting a shot at defensive coordinator.

Seems like he's bringing in his guys too, Jason Simmons from GB, Mike Adams could be him or seems from the Tweet he could be a Quinn hire since they noted he's from NJ. 

24 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s going to be interesting to watch the Peters-Quinn working relationship develop. 

Peters is coming across fairly reserved to me. Clearly fantastic at what he does. Looks like he’s living his best life right now :ols: but he’s showing his inexperience in front of the media IMO, fairly quiet, nervous even. Not that I’m being critical, just an observations.

Whereas Quinn is 100% full on in your face. Been around the block, very forward, very direct. 

It’s an interesting dynamic to watch.

IMO -

It's best to pair a first time GM with an experienced HC and not 1st year HC

Hard to have both GM and HC be super Alpha's because it causes a lot of unnecessary friction

They appear to get along well and share the same vision

I listened to a former GM, forget who but said GM and HC are literally like a married couple that spends every moment together, outside their family time.

I actually believe its a great pairing that can be productive and successful.

13 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I have to think Kyle S. put a good word in Peters ear for Quinn after saying how positive he was about Washington's hire of Quinn.

Adam Peters in one of his 1-1 interviews, maybe Chick said he did reach out to Shanny to ask about Quinn

• Like 4

On 2/5/2024 at 12:10 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't get excited for this ****, I'm sorry.  Been here too many times before...and I know, I know, I know, this isn't a Snyder hire.  

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...just with another stooge at his side.  I sure hope Kliff'em All is the QB whisperer who everyone says he is, lord knows we're about 35 years overdue in needing one.

I don't even know who the defensive coordinator is, I saw the alert come in on my phone that we hired someone who I'm sure will be making us pine for the Joe Berry days come early November.  

I just can't do it.  I'd love to hear why I should think we're turning a corner and why we're in a good spot outside of having the #2 pick.  if "SPIFF, DRAFT PICKS!!!" is all you have to be excited about, don't @ me. 

Kyle Shanahan called the offensive plays. Not Quinn. How they didn't call for more runs with Freeman and Coleman in the 2nd half is as puzzling as the Seahawks throwing on the two-yard line. The Falcons could have virtually sealed that game with an approximate 40 yard field goal, if Ryan didn't get sacked (pass play), followed by a holding call on the subsequent 3rd down pass call.

Amazingly, Quinn has been scapegoated, while the person who had a larger role in the collapse is head coach in his 2nd Super Bowl.

• Like 5

Just now, CTskins said:

Kyle Shanahan called the offensive plays. Not Quinn. How they didn't call for more runs with Freeman and Coleman in the 2nd half is as puzzling as the Seahawks throwing on the two-yard line. The Falcons could have virtually sealed that game with an approximate 40 yard field goal, if Ryan didn't get sacked (pass play), followed by a holding call on the subsequent 3rd down pass call.

Amazingly, Quinn has been scapegoated, while the person who had a larger role in the collapse is head coach in his 2nd Super Bowl.

We shouldn't be here to rehash what happened in that game, I'm sorry I brought it up.

That said...

He was the head coach.  Gotta take control if you think the coordinator is screwing up.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, CTskins said:

They literally could have called QB kneel every play in the 4th quarter and won.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you guys think Ryan Kerrigan will keep any kind of assistant D line coach position? It would be cool to keep him. The rest can go. 

Wouldn't really bother me either way if he stayed or left. I doubt teams are clamoring to hire him. If Quinn has an assistant for that position he's more comfortable with I'm good with that.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s going to be interesting to watch the Peters-Quinn working relationship develop. 

Peters is coming across fairly reserved to me. Clearly fantastic at what he does. Looks like he’s living his best life right now :ols: but he’s showing his inexperience in front of the media IMO, fairly quiet, nervous even. Not that I’m being critical, just an observations.

Whereas Quinn is 100% full on in your face. Been around the block, very forward, very direct. 

It’s an interesting dynamic to watch.

Yeah Quinn is used to standing in front of 50 Alphas and addressing them in no uncertain terms. Peters doesn't have that experience. Though he still comes across to me as confident and addresses questions well.

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I believe Quinn will be a strength for him and help with Peter's somewhat likish introvert to an extrovert.  Do you?  :)  One is good for the other and vise versa.  Really good pairing between these two.  I like it!  

You want your HC being the face of the franchise in the media anyways. Peters will do his two or three pressers per year. The rest of the time he will most likely stay in the shadows.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Do you guys think Ryan Kerrigan will keep any kind of assistant D line coach position? It would be cool to keep him. The rest can go. 

I was thinking same thing earlier today, went on website, only changes on the site are the coordinator positions, though it still list Kaczor as Special Teams coordinator. Guess they will update as things get ironed out.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You want your HC being the face of the franchise in the media anyways. Peters will do his two or three pressers per year. The rest of the time he will most likely stay in the shadows.

Understand.  Like someone already said, it's a marriage between the two.  I agree with their assessment. :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We shouldn't be here to rehash what happened in that game, I'm sorry I brought it up.

That said...

He was the head coach.  Gotta take control if you think the coordinator is screwing up.  

Even Kyle agrees that his massive choke job against the Chiefs is the one that haunts him, not his massive choke job against the patriots.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-says-hes-not-haunted-by-blown-28-3-super-bowl-lead-the-harder-one-was-the-kansas-city-game/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Even Kyle agrees that his massive choke job against the Chiefs is the one that haunts him, not his massive choke job against the patriots.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-says-hes-not-haunted-by-blown-28-3-super-bowl-lead-the-harder-one-was-the-kansas-city-game/

Ah, right, what was I thinking.  We've got the worlds foremost expert on all Kyle Shanahan ****ups right here.  Sorry I didn't ask you first, TTB!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Understand you're not being critical, and not targeting you or your post, but IMO I didn't think Peters came across as nervous. He smiled and his body language was fine. As a GM, he doesn't need to come across as Norman Schwartzkopf - and it wouldn't appear to be genuine if he did. He was measured and cool, like a GM should be IMO. Also, he had less to say since it was Quinn's presser, not his. As a GM, he needs to watch what he says to the media - IMO the less he says publicly, the better, for competitive reasons.

• Like 2

I got a big brother little brother vibe from quinn/peters at the presser.  Even a few jokes between the 2.  I'm liking the relationship. 

Also Quin saying "keep the main thing the main thing" seems to be his mantra to keep him focused and stay in his lane.  Or i could be completely wrong about that i have been wrong in the past and will be again in the future.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I couldn't agree more, he doesn't display a ton of confidence in himself.

Quite possibly why it's taken him this long to land the big gig.

Quinn on the other hand is uber confident, the more I hear him talk the more I like this choice.

Taken him this long?  He is 44 and one of the younger GMs in the league.  Plus he has turned down opportunities in the past.

I would suspect that it’s more just that, compared to Quinn, he hasn’t had that much press conference experience.  It takes some people time to grow into being comfortable with stuff like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Taken him this long?  He is 44 and one of the younger GMs in the league.  Plus he has turned down opportunities in the past.

I would suspect that it’s more just that, compared to Quinn, he hasn’t had that much press conference experience.  It takes some people time to grow into being comfortable with stuff like that.

Plus he was never an NFL player getting asked questions by the media weekly. It’s not an important part of the job at all. He will get more comfortable with time and practice.

Zorn was promoted to HC because Dan and Vinny thought he looked good in a suit and would look good in front of the media. Substance matters more. Plus he’s not getting up in front of the team giving inspirational speeches. He will be fine. 

• Like 2