Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, moondog said:

KK is really the only hire I’m not on board with. I’m excited for Quinn, Whitt, the dude from the raiders etc. But I was hoping for someone from shanahan’s tree. Never been impressed with KK or his resume. 

And it makes me sad to hear DQ won’t be calling plays - I thought one piece of advice he got previously was retaining that cuz he’s the best at it. 

Who are you referring to as the dude from the Raiders?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I can't read the article, but I don't have to. He seems like a primadonna and we don't need that headache. Take Drake and you don't have to worry about that or character issues. 

What if Drake May isn't as good? Keshawn Johnson (USC alum) convinced we that we can't go wrong with either Williams or Jayden. He said that after watching these QB's, there's not that big of a gap between the two and both were much better than Maye in his opinion. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, TK said:

Here's a crazy thought. :) 

Howell's already ran this offense & is still on a rookie deal. 

What if KK thinks he can fix Howell & they don't go QB at #2 because Curtis Samuel's contract voids five days after the 2023 league year Super Bowl.

Hello Marvin Harrison Jr at #2. 

Hmmmmmm.  Harrison is the best player in the entire draft, hands down.  Not even close.  Sounds like Peters may be eyeing another QB in the draft to backup Howell.  

***** I wonder if Rattler might be of interest. *****

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Because Kliff wasnt permanently successful at a previous stop or from a specific coaching tree now means he is not worth hiring? He was only hired because he is white and the media likes him? How stupid are you? And Joe Whitt was only hired because he knows Dan? Really? He has no qualifications? Really? You must do no research except listening to the dumbest loudmouth on television. This sort of stupidity is shameful and an exact example of the problems in todays society. It is exactly why we are dealing with such idiocy as reverse racism and BLM!

Tell me how you really feel!  Let me slice your elephant!  First, I didn’t say Kingsbury was “hired because he’s white,” Steven A. Smith implied it.  Coaches like Kingsbury, who weren’t successful at their previous stops, yet somehow continue to get chance after chance is the thesis of the argument for instating the Rooney rule.  Kliff Kingsbury is a very average coach, his numbers support that notion everywhere he’s been and have been posted several times in this thread. You should read those posts…

In addition to the minority coaches his type of hire affects, there are a great many unknown white coaches who also don’t get their shot, which was MY point that you chose to ignore.  Joe Whitt is a nepotistic hire in terms of relationship because he is a known quantity and person to Dan Quinn. However, it could be argued he is undeserving of the job since he was on Quinn’s staff and a more innovative coach could’ve been hired, regardless of race.

What IS stupid is when folks like you refuse to listen and try to understand a different POV because you’ve made up your mind and aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable which IS why I chimed in on this topic.  Hopefully by making you and others like you uncomfortable it will facilitate discourse so we learn a bit from each other, which is the only way change can happen.  Which is also why I agreed that Steven A. was right to address the topic on his nationally syndicated show…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What derogatory nickname are we going to come up with for Quinn if he loses 2 straight games, a la 'Riverboat Ron'?

This board leaves that work to me.. The wise one will be ready if/when the time comes.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

dare say if Eric Bienemy was Eric Wisenflux he'd have another job by week's end.

hahahahhahahhaha what? No idea who Wisenflux is but waterboyienmy is a laughing stock, no one is lining up to pick that guy up

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dunfer said:

who are these more deserving people though and how would we have found them? Sounds like you want to interview a ton of people and there isnt the time. We are on the clock

Some were hired already because we drug our feet for 2 weeks waiting for Ben “can’t interview” Johnson. Kubiak from San Fran is a name I was interested in, or any of the offensive assistants from Miami, Cincy, LA or any of the Shanahan disciples really.  There were a few defensive assistants I thought we’d bring in too.

Just seems like Quin got hired, made a couple of phone calls and our staff is hired and now there’s dancing in the ES streets. Most folks here were arguing 3 days ago when Ben Johnson left us at the alter now we’re all pretending to love this new staff. I’m not. But I hope it works out, I’m cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

So Quinn was the pass game coordinator in Dallas? Sounds like an offensive position. Has he ever been on a defensive staff?

Quinn was the DC in Dallas.

Whitt was the defensive passing game coordinator and secondary coach in Dallas I believe and will be DC here.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Quinn was the DC in Dallas.

Whitt was the defensive passing game coordinator and secondary coach in Dallas I believe and will be DC here.

Sorry....yeah Whitt is who I was referring to.

• Like 1

Just now, lovemaskins said:

Some were hired already because we drug our feet for 2 weeks waiting for Ben “can’t interview” Johnson. Kubiak from San Fran is a name I was interested in, or any of the offensive assistants from Miami, Cincy, LA or any of the Shanahan disciples really.  There were a few defensive assistants I thought we’d bring in too.

Just seems like Quin got hired, made a couple of phone calls and our staff is hired and now there’s dancing in the ES streets. Most folks here were arguing 3 days ago when Ben Johnson left us at the alter now we’re all pretending to love this new staff. I’m not. But I hope it works out, I’m cautiously optimistic. 

yeah i understand the ben thing. it was a risk to wait. didnt pay out. Youre right it could be ron 2.0....time will tell, but its fun to be optimistic while you can. The offseason is our happy place

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Wouldn’t those SF candidates be nepotism hires that you are so against?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 2

Keep in mind that even if there's Commander related connections to it, there is zero allowance for any content in the stadium of a political or sociopolitical, or religion focused nature. Period. None.

There were several posts that crossed that line in an extended exchange but no penalties are being applied. They are no longer viewable.

This is just a reminder. And please keep in mind that these are moderator calls that we don't debate with anyone. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumb up 4

38 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

What if Drake May isn't as good? Keshawn Johnson (USC alum) convinced we that we can't go wrong with either Williams or Jayden. He said that after watching these QB's, there's not that big of a gap between the two and both were much better than Maye in his opinion. 

That’s cute.  Tim Hasselbeck, who actually has played Qb in the league and watched the film on the QBs, thinks Maye is the best Qb in the draft and one of the best Qb prospects he has have seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I don't really care about Meshawn Johnson's opinion on who the better QB is.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I can't read the article, but I don't have to. He seems like a primadonna and we don't need that headache. Take Drake and you don't have to worry about that or character issues. 

Agreed. We don't need a Johnny Manziel type who will be out of the league in a few years.

39 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Guh

C'mon w/ this active convo.

Its times like this I wish I was allowed to hurt feelings.

Hold Zombie..... hold......

hqdefault.jpg.9ee2df28f009078143c6cd362b1790ce.jpg

I love laughing hard enough for a tear to form.

Thank you for that.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Joe Whitt is a nepotistic hire in terms of relationship because he is a known quantity and person to Dan Quinn. However, it could be argued he is undeserving of the job since he was on Quinn’s staff and a more innovative coach could’ve been hired, regardless of race.

Joe Whitt is undeserving of a promotion and a role on this coaching staff because he's worked with Dan Quinn for 4 years and he's not "innovative" enough? 

a.) How do you know he's not innovative?

b.) Which available defensive coordinator candidate is more innovative?

c.) Are NFL coordinators hired strictly because they are "innovative"? 

d.) What does "innovative" mean in this context?

e.) Should head coaches hire their coordinators from a pool of people they've never worked with?

Inquiring minds want to know...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Agreed. We don't need a Johnny Manziel type who will be out of the league in a few years.

guess our oc will know about who he is.

Imagine if Caleb was there at our pick and we chose drake or Jayden. Kliff would get some evil eyes

• Haha 2