Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Just a note, this article is from 2017.  It's all still true. 

And Mug Night at the Grean Leaf was ...  well, not many who ever went really remember going at all....  

Mug Night is indeed a blur, so is Pint Night.

• Like 1

Cool presser. Always good to get to know the people we see on tv every weekend. 

but none of this **** matters at all. 

More than anything, its nice to see a clearly defined vision and teamwork from the top. 

good sign of things to come. 

this is just one small step to being a proud fan once again. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I loved the comment from Matt Ryan after Quinn came into Atlanta. "I felt like I got traded but kept coming to the same building". Thats a culture change.

I thought that spoke volumes and heavily applies to what we need here. Extremely telling (and transparently sourced) anecdote 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

It is not about the coaches.  These guys can win in the NFL.  All this talk about the past success/failure will not predict what happens with this team moving forward.

It is ALL ABOUT Peters and the acquisition of talent.  It starts with selecting the right QB with the #2 pick.  It continues with having a good draft.  It continues with having good free agent pick ups.  I don't care what coaches we have, you need talent to succeed.

We are at least a year or two away from winning.  We just don't have the talent.  We have too many average players.  Not a bad article detailing how mediocre our roster is:  https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/2/5/24059463/washington-commanders-offseason-bottom-of-the-league-roster-have-assets-to-significantly-improve

I do like DQ saying he will coach and the FO will acquire the talent.

I think there could be immediate improvement just based on guys finally being coached and utilized properly. But I'm thinking more like going from 4 to 7-8 wins. The talent infusion will take time to get to the really good results.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

This tells me that Quinn is allowing his DC, Joe Whitt Jr. to pick his own coaching staff.  Awesome!  Jason Simmons has a great resume.  Go read about him.  :)  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Listening to him talk about setting the edge, it's probable he'll bring 1 or 2 of the FA edge rushers from Dallas -- Armstrong, Fowler, or both. Not sure how I feel about country club players helping to set the tone for this defense.

There are plenty of other FA edges out there this year. It is a good class. 

• Like 2

If it weren't for the questions at virtually every position, I'd say Quinn is the type of coach to come in and instantly make these guys winners, believe in themselves. But the lack of talent just doesn't suggest that's possible, at least not consistently. I do think that we'll be surprised with the growth, however. 

Also, this guy loves kicking ass and telling you about it, what's not to like? It's the infectious energy that's really going to go a long way for this team, something that was extremely lacking over the past few years. RR wasn't exactly a tonesetter. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This tells me that Quinn is allowing his DC, Joe Whitt Jr. to pick his own coaching staff.  Awesome!  Jason Simmons has a great resume.  Go read about him.  :)  

It sounds to me like Quinn doesn't have a big ego and will let his staff do what they need to do. He's adaptable which is what we need. So far so good Coach Quinn.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3

Just now, sinews said:

If it weren't for the questions at virtually every position, I'd say Quinn is the type of coach to come in and instantly make these guys winners, believe in themselves. But the lack of talent just doesn't suggest that's possible, at least not consistently. I do think that we'll be surprised with the growth, however. 

Also, this guy loves kicking ass and telling you about it, what's not to like? It's the infectious energy that's really going to go a long way for this team, something that was extremely lacking over the past few years. RR wasn't exactly a tonesetter. 

I predict there'll be some guys who surprise us all next year. Dotson comes to mind, and perhaps Jamin.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I didn’t drink on college, at least not until late into my senior year, so I had the distinction of being the only sober person there.  

It was massively hilarious. 

No doubt. Place was like Animal House on Sunday nights.

• Haha 1

I read the Yahoo! article about the search and Johnson. So lame. She talks about the Commanders putting it out that he had a bad first interview, wasn’t at the top of the list, and withdrew because he wasn’t getting the job. 

Yet, prior to flightgate, Schefter said to not be surprised if he doesn’t get the job. So the idea that this was a result of his no-show is rather weak.

Then she makes the excuse that Johnson wasn’t in the “right headspace to make a decision about his future.” Were the Commanders supposed to give him more time while Seattle was making their decision. Probably a good time to discuss the challenges/problems with the hiring cycle. But no, she didn’t mention that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-is-there-drama-between-the-commanders-and-lions-oc-ben-johnson-201701577.html

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm sure it's a collaborative effort, with Quinn respecting whitt's input, more than whitt picking his own staff.  But a great sign indeed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’ll take the over on 6. Won’t be a lot, but more than six. 

Martin

Robinson

Butler 

Dotson

Howell

Way

McLaurin

Payne

Allen

Forbes

Curl

Cosmi

Henry

Jones

Mathis

Davis

I’d bet a subset of at least seven of these 16 guys will be here in 2025.

If the over/under on that list was 8.5, I’d take the under. 

If it was set at 5.5 I’d take the over. 

:P