Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Dah-Dee said:

Just based on what little I've seen/read on this, seems like Joe Whitt Jr. may be Quinn's DC here, and Harris will be DC in Dallas.

I've seen that too but we wait.  There was a audio back on this thread where Al Harris said he would follow DQ to Alaska.  We shall see. :)   

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, DCF said:

A

Ok, are we trying to split hairs, or is there a true argument that lots of teams would have hired Quinn over the last few years if given the chance? Because I highly doubt the latter.

I mean, you said no team was beating down the door to hire him, someone pointed out where Quinn turned down an interview offer and now you wanna call it splitting hairs.  

Take the L, move on.  It's okay to be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is this satire?

Its a huge over reaction but its probably true for a lot of people. Which is obviously silly. But I mean - I have been posting here for like 20 years who the **** am I to talk at this point hahahahacrycrycryhahahahahaha

It is something the new ownership is going to have to understand and deal with though. They cant make decisions based off of us.....but they are going to have to live with out results. And this wont move a lot of season tickets thats for damn sure. (Which may be an indication that we ****ing needed it - rebuild baby) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redwards said:

My gut tells me Quinn will be a 1 contract HC and we'll be right back to our search in 4-5 years.

tbf, this is no different than predicting draft picks will be busts after the draft. success is hard to find and there are more failures than successes. if you blindly guessed every new head coaching hire for any team would fail (1 contract), you'd be batting well over .500.

My point is the league absolutely loves this guy, loves to talk him up, and yet it took up until just now for him to get another shot. A shot from the last team looking for a coach when the shelves are all bare. The hype from the league, doesn't match teams decision making when the rubber meets the road. 

Not saying he's going to be awful here, I'm actually optimistic. I just think this "the league loves him" stuff is a bunch of crap people just say about people in the good old boys club.

• Thumb up 1

56 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

To the people who says that "any goodwill that Josh Harris had is now gone." What exactly were they supposed to do differently? They had to wait on their guy and he stood them up. MacDonald chose Seattle. Slowik chose to stay in Houston. 

You can't make coaches come here. 

"Yeah why didn't Harris and Peters simply hire all of the best perfect coaches at every position?  Its not like there's 31 other teams or something.  Are they stupid?"

That's what a lot of this board sounds like right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Just based on what little I've seen/read on this, seems like Joe Whitt Jr. may be Quinn's DC here, and Harris will be DC in Dallas.

Dallas is the least attractive job in the NFL. McCarthy is a lame duck coach on an expiring contract. The DC gig in Dallas is a 1 year job with a high probability of being fired during the season by McCarthy to scapegoat you. That defense can only go downhill. Green Bay game aside they have put up very impressive numbers last 2 years. That bar is super high. 

• Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, sinews said:

The vast chasm between the fanbase perception of Q and players/league personnel/media is fascinating. Like polar opposites almost. I'm just curious to see how that dynamic plays out. 

You know Troy Aikman? Hall of Famer. Three Super Bowls. Been broadcasting the game of the week for 20 years.

You know who he considers the single greatest football mind he's ever encountered?

Norv ****ing Turner.

So......players and fans have different perspectives.

• Like 3

Love how a lot of this board thinks that just because Snyder is gone that this franchise no longer has any stink on it and this should be an elite destination for prospective coaches. The stadium still sucks and the facilities still suck. Also, the roster is currently in the bottom two of the league. 

First time head coaches would take a major risk tanking their career by coming here with so many unknowns still. I think DQ is the right man for the job at this time. LFG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DCF said:

You all know exactly what I mean. Not a single team has been beating down the door to have Quinn as their coach for several years now. There's an average of 7 new coaches every year, none were chasing after him. Square that.

He had multiple interviews and chose himself to go back to Dallas the last two seasons, actually. And we were not the only team to interview him this season either. 

https://gridironheroics.com/report-dan-quinn-gives-reason-for-staying-with-cowboys-in-2023/

At least look this **** up. Google is right there. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, El Mexican said:

Yeah Imma cut off my ties to the season right now.

I have ZERO interest (not even a morbid one) in watching a team coached by someone called "Dan Quinn" that worked for Dallas.

You could not agree with yourself more.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You know Troy Aikman? Hall of Famer. Three Super Bowls. Been broadcasting the game of the week for 20 years.

You know who he considers the single greatest football mind he's ever encountered?

Norv ****ing Turner.

So......players and fans have different perspectives.

It could also be that Cowboy Troy was just being nice or something, too.  

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

He had multiple interviews and chose himself to go back to Dallas the last two seasons, actually. And we were not the only team to interview him this season either. 

https://gridironheroics.com/report-dan-quinn-gives-reason-for-staying-with-cowboys-in-2023/

At least look this **** up. Google is right there. 

I said beating down the door. I don't recall him being the favorite or top candidate any of these last years. The excitement over him when he's talked about around the league, doesn't match the demand for him when the actual offseason starts. Period.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So......players and fans have different perspectives

Yes. . . That's literally what I said. 

Edit: I'm not making a value judgment here or saying one side should be listened to over the other one, just that the dynamic is notably volatile and I'm interested to see who ends up being "right."

Edited by sinews

1 minute ago, oraphus said:

yeeah... and Ron Rivera is universally loved and respected in the league according to all the pundits. Yet he is dogsh!t as a HC as we all know. What's that respect worth now? 

In hindsight giving Rivera more control of the FA/Draft was a bad move...at least Quinn won't have that? Yeeeaahh...really trying to find silver linings.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

I have ZERO interest (not even a morbid one) in watching a team coached by someone called "Dan Quinn" that worked for Dallas.

BYE_FELICIA.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Don't come running back if he turns things around.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It could also be that Cowboy Troy was just being nice or something, too. 

And Norv was his OC, a respected one at that. It's not Troy's fault that he sucked as a head coach. I don't see a contradiction between being a brilliant football mind as a coordinator and being a lousy head coach. Because they're not the same thing. 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Welp, that’s a bitter, bitter disappointment 

This jus seems so easy to say that it's gettin annoying reading it over and over again.

Peters stood his ground with Ben, that's how this will be remembered next time we play thr Lions.

Most people around the NFL have our back on this one...we need to destroy Detroit next time we see them to send a message.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Adios!

• Haha 2