Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Quinn is in the RR and McCarthy mold of coaches.  They may get you to the playoffs, but their going to be outcoached by the newer, younger, brighter football minds.  And then they will fizzle away until they get fired. 

The only hope is that Quinn brings in a really strong, innovative OC that can develop a young QB.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Welcome aboard Dan.  This hiring is underwhelming but it is what it is.  Who he hires as OC will be key.

This is it for him. He’s got to do better than he did in Atlanta or he will be fired in 4-5 years.  Also, because he’s a retread he’s not going to get the same leeway with fans that a rookie coach would.

I’m not expecting anything this year because our roster sucks but starting in 2025; expect improvement each year.

This fanbase would kill to have Quinn's first two seasons here resemble his first two in Atlanta. People talking about SB and how defensive coaches don't win the big game. Please, we're far away from any of that. If we're not embracing the rebuild phase then we're just setting ourselves up for further disappointment. But after the tragedy of Snyder's nightmare, I think some people are conditioned to automatically reach for the most negative outlook. If this hire was made by Snyder then okay, we're in the same miserable boat. Have a little faith in our new GM to build something. 

The psychological harm and trauma Snyder caused this fanbase should be a criminal offense, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Do a pulse check on the interwebs. Everyone is laughing and saying same ol Washington. 

Who cares? The collective wisdom of randos on the internet (such as me) doesn't mean a darned thing. If Quinn is a guy who Adam and Josh sincerely believe can deliver the coaching needed to be a contender, that's all I need to know.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

What defensive minded head coaches have won the SB since Bill beat Quinn? 0. Going on 7 years now, times are changing. This franchise continues to trail behind. 

In this article, we aimed to assess the accuracy of Bryant’s claim that “defense wins championships” in the league today.

We did not find that defensive ranking was a better indicator of a playoff berth than offensive ranking, and in fact, we found that a higher fraction of the league's top 5 offenses has made the playoffs over the past 20 years than the league's top 5 defenses. Based on our data, we are unable to conclude that defense is significantly more valuable than offense when it comes to winning championships. We were unable to find a significant difference in the offensive and defensive ranking of Super Bowl champions through the past 20 seasons. Throughout the Patriots’ reign, we did not find that they had a significantly better offense or defense in the years of their 6 Super Bowl victories.

Overall, we did not find convincing evidence that “defense wins championships” rings true in the NFL over the past 20 seasons. It is plausible that the NFL’s offensive explosion can be attributed to recent rule changes and improved offensive schemes. With stars like Tom Brady and Drew Brees obliterating passing records set mere seasons prior by Peyton Manning, and young wizards like Patrick Mahomes knocking at the door, this offensive explosion doesn’t appear to be losing traction.

Edited by FrFan
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, boston skins fan said:

it was from an unreputable source.  didnt come from schefter or rappaport it was like @nflinformation or something sketchy like that.

Right.  So it didn’t happen.  If it happened one of the best guys or national guys would have picked it up.  

5 minutes ago, djpapeleta360 said:

I kind of like this hire. To many of ya are focusing on the last game and not seeing the defense he ran as a whole. I can cherry pick any of your top candidates and be like see that one time they didn't score or that one time their defense got scored on.

What I want to see is how he uses Jamin Davis and Forbes. I always wants to see Davis in an attacking position similar to how Micah Parsons was used. 

Even if he uses Davis like he used Parsons in Dallas, Davis is nowhere close to the talent level of Parsons.  And hopefully he shows Forbes the exit door.

I just realized, now we're going to have say good things about Dan. I don't know if I can. Dan is such a revolting name. Every time I read the word "Dan", I cringe. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

• Haha 7

Just now, NickyJ said:

I just realized, now we're going to have say good things about Dan. I don't know if I can. Dan is such a revolting name. Every time I read the word "Dan", I cringe. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Just use Quinn instead of Dan. Or DQ. I do love me some DQ.

Edited by CommandB11
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

I'm just going to say "Quinn."

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

When a team goes on a coaching search the only thing you can hope for is that they get the right guy. The one they sincerely believe is the best for the job. What seems to have happened here is that the candidate they liked, brushed them off, and their slow process left them scrambling for scraps. Maybe Quinn works out great, but it’s clear to me that this process was handled poorly. The optics are bad and do not inspire confidence. 

Not a great start for the new ownership and front office. 

I'm sorry, I disagree that it was a slow process.  If they had favorite candidates in mind, and they couldn't interview them until their teams were done with the season, then they acted as quickly as they could have.  Should they have acted sooner, and hired someone that wasn't necessarily on their wish list?  I would say no.  Was there a coach hired prior to this week that you would have preferred landed with us?  Or were you like many, and wanted to see if Johnson or Macdonald (or others) were good options?

The optics are bad only to the uninformed.  Johnson didn't spurn us for another job, he spurned both teams to stay where he was comfortable.  We may not like his decision or the timing, but it was his to make.  And who knows?  Maybe they didn't like how Macdonald interviewed?  Maybe Macdonald just felt Seattle was a better fit for him?  I think the process was handled as well as it could have been.

And how is it "not a great start"?  Because it isn't who you wanted?  Quinn might be terrible.  Quinn might be great.  But only time will tell.  So for you to label it as "starting off poorly" is selfish, IMO.

For the record, Quinn wasn't my first or second or even third choice.  But it's not my choice to make, and I am choosing to trust ownership & management to make the best choices for this team.  Whether this helps that or not won't be known for quite some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

A defensive head coach in a league where offense is the most important it’s ever been with the game being so catered to offense is just mind numbing. This team spent the better part of the last 5 years trying to rebuild the defense thinking they would channel the magic of Alabama and it got us no where :Lol: This team can’t do anything right. 

Five of the eight hires this cycle were defensive coaches.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

Just use Quinn instead of Dan. Or DQ. I do love me some DQ.

I LOVE DQ.  I don't really drink.  Well, not a lot.  Sometimes.  So my "long day need a drink" drink is either a milkshake or a Blizzard.  

There might be nothing better than a heath blizzard.  Ok, there might be some things better.  But it's in the top 10.  

I think I'm going to go with Quinn.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1