Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, PigskinPhat said:

Just taking a step back! Anyone else think we already screwed up this HC search big time by trying to target one guy we managed to lose and The one proven head case err head coach Harbaugh gone as well?

We never showed any interest in harbaugh. I get the sense there are things beyond our front offices’ control that may have kept us from certain targets. Such as, a crap team currently in place that may be a partial to full rebuild, horrible facilities, a bleeding fan base and no current answer at the most important position on the team.

i honestly hate to say that it’s possible someone like Quinn could be okay for our current state because it’s the same thing we were saying when we brought Ron in with a **** team picking second overall. The only difference is that the front office has preached in getting everyone on the same page and collaborating. I’m going to blindly trust the process until i have proof otherwise. I’ll still **** if we get Quinn though.

I may be off the mark but this delay suggests to me that they may have offered Weaver after Johnson, but he's holding out to see if he's in line for the DC position vacated by Macdonald. Either Quinn or Glenn then may be the fall back option if Weaver stays in Baltimore.

4 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Stuff like this doesn’t help those that try and defend a potential Quinn hire.

Whether they want to admit it or not everything you hear about Quinn, we all heard 4 years ago about Ron Rivera:

- Great leader

- Sets the culture

- Old school intensity

- Experienced, he got to a Super Bowl don’t you

know

- The players love playing for him

The only thing that I’ve seen that separates Quinn is that he waves his arms around on the sideline.

I’m not even annoyed I just want genuine evidence that Dan Quinn is anything other than a .500 mediocre HC ie not Ron Rivera.

I’ve never seen a sports franchise be so fixated on Culture rather than actually winning things it’s hilarious.

On top of that, if he's so good why is he still unsigned ?

Edit : I would consider him if he could bring in Parsons ;)

"17 days later, Micah Parsons finally addresses Cowboys' "embarrassing" playoff loss"

Edited by FrFan
  • Thumb up 1

In my opinion Quinn needs to be hired in the next 7 or 8 hours, or it's not happening. He's been in the mix since the beginning, he's had 3 interviews, at this point the longer you wait to hire him the more and more it looks like he was just your absolute last option that you begrudgingly hired. That goes for the other 2 as well. If the search broadens and more interviews start up, you're putting out there that you're not in love with any of these guys. That makes it hard to go back to them. "We didn't want you at first over the top guys, then we tried to find someone else and we couldn't, so now we want you", is not a great look.

The tweet from Schefter about not rushing now, sounds like it came from the team, just like the "Johnson doesn't have to be the guy" message. If they aren't rushing now and do open this thing back up, I think those current 3 that have been interviewed are pretty much done as candidates.

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you’re not hiring Weaver and Glenn; just hire Quinn and be done with it.

Who out realistically it out there?

Vrabel clashed with GM. Not happening.

BB wants to much control.

Pete is too old and has been mediocre last 3 years: 7-10, 9-8, 9-8

Quinn seems like the best option left; so just give him the damn job. He should get us to point B and when he fails to go any further, we fire him and get the coach who will take us to where we want.

Lots of candidates still out there.

Lou Anarumo

Lincoln Riley

Press Taylor

Matt Campbell

To name a few. Whether we’ve talked to them or not is up In the air. We don’t know. It’s entirely possible they’ve interviewed more people than anyone knows to this point. Or they haven’t and they are zeroed in on Quinn and Weaver.

10 minutes ago, DCF said:

I think those current 3 that have been interviewed are pretty much done as candidates.

Then I'm wondering on whom they are setting their sights on ? Since MD signed with the Seahawks, and Weaver got a second interview (6 hours if I didn't misread) I thought he was the top candidate. Well let's just wait and see until hyperventilating will blow up this message board.

22anxiety-superJumbo_1200x800.jpg?v=1634

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Lots of candidates still out there.

Lou Anarumo

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/7/5/23780710/2023-nfl-dc-rankings-pff-bengals-lou-anarumo-best-defensive-coordinator

I was also thinking about Chip Linsey.

Edited by FrFan

7 hours ago, Conn said:

These coaches whose seasons are ending haven’t even begun doing their own evaluations of incoming talent. No way was that a factor imo even if it ends up being the case. These guys are 110% busy schedule wise during the season and just became free. I doubt most NFL coaches have a solidly grounded opinion on a guy like Maye other than what they’ve picked up through osmosis with the TV on in the background and their scouts’ murmurings, maybe 

I only used Maye as the example because it feels like a foregone conclusion that Williams is off the board.  Maye and Daniels though, while coaches for sure haven’t done a deep dive - I feel like if they were thought of as highly as many make them out to be, that would be a reason to want to coach here.

I’m really in favour of us doing something unpredictable here. As long as a plan/vision/strategy is evident.

I’m not suggesting we are going to, but ‘just settling’ for what’s left from the interview process thus far may not be the way to go.

The sky hasn’t fallen in for me. It’s clearly not gone has planned with Plan A though, has it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Peters may be a good or great talent evaluator but he got burned on this coaching search and will learn a valuable lesson.

I do wonder if the rookie QB class had anything to do with the decisions by these young coordinators to stay put. If there was an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning level talent do you think either one would be staying at their current teams?

Good question.

My guess is “offered the position” and “not offered the position” is walking the line on what an offer is or not.

The team probably floated numbers at these coaches.

The coaches took it as an offer.

The team looked at it as negotiations.

Hence how you get such differing accounts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Given the strong Peters connection, and the potential Slowik has shown, including the performance of his rookie QB, this is the one we’ve missed on IMO. And it may just be a simple case of right person, wrong time.

The more I digest Slowik, I think good offensive coordonatior.  No doubt about it.  But with big doubts that he's a leader of men.   When I hear SF reporters say wow that dude is so quiet, they are surprrsed, etc, about the idea of being a HC, and then his interviews I've watched, he's not one granted with limited information that i am upset we didn't get.

Johnson based on what happened I am not upset either.  Got similar doubts.  Mike McDonald I am upset about although ironically Keim said he had a source tell him that someone question whether he was a leader of men -- but to my limited knowledge he comes off OK on that front.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, KDawg said:

My guess is “offered the position” and “not offered the position” is walking the line on what an offer is or not.

That and this regime is very tightlipped. So its mostly best guesses at this point.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I trust Keim the most.  His thought is interest in both but they didn't flat out land on that's our guy yet.  Just like apparently they are interested in Weaver and Quinn but they I gather haven''t decided on which one.

I am very interested in ordering steak or chicken are both available and the waiter tells me yes and then I choose.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Johnson based on what happened I am not upset either.  Got similar doubts.  Mike McDonald I am upset about although ironically Keim said he had a source tell him that someone question whether he was a leader of men -- but to my limited knowledge he comes off OK on that front.

We’ve all be drawn in to a degree on the ability of these coaches, very difficult to judge if they were ‘right’ to tackle this challenge as this moment in time. Will be interesting to see how Macdonald goes in SEA.

Plenty to consider, but as a minimum our new HC has to grab hold of that locker room and drag it forward years….in a short space of time….

Listening to all the reports about making sure we do the process right and being patient are getting annoying. 

There's certain things that you can't be patient with because it's a free for all, this being one, free agency being another, you have to due all you're diligence beforehand and then attack with vigor or else the buffet is picked cleaned by the time its your turn.

Seems they knew this when it came to general manager, hence the hiring of the number one candidate in all of 5 seconds.

The most likely scenario as has been said is that we went for Johnson and his decision screwed us.

That said my dream scenario at this point would be dan Quinn and Lincoln Riley at offensive coordinator but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

Edited by redskinss

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agreed. As a minimum, we now have enough high end business intelligence in these situations. No chance Johnson had an ‘offer’ before being interviewed again. But yes, numbers had been discussed. Very different animals.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Seems they knew this when it came to general manager, hence the hiring of the number one candidate in all of 5 seconds.

Peters basically walked in the room and said I’m all yours. Easy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Which credible reporter has actually stated that we offered someone a contract though? Maybe I missed it but so far all I have seen is bs accounts like NFL notifications who have absolutely no sources and just make up all their stuff.

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Which credible reporter has actually stated that we offered someone a contract though? Maybe I missed it but so far all I have seen is bs accounts like NFL notifications who have absolutely no sources and just make up all their stuff.

I'm not going to lie to you...

With all the BS posted in here in tweets I tend to ignore 95% of it because I have no idea who is legit and who isn't anymore.

Everyone is an insider or aggregator. 

2 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Some random Lions podcast. Seemed like a couple of fanboys. Most likely the Johnson camp trying to change the narrative.