Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I would anticipate him reaching out to Mike Lafleur with the Rams to probably run the offense.  I think Quinn is our guy.

He'd have to get himself fired in LA first but there is precedent.

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

I agree....if you can coach then you can coach.  Most of these guys can coach but we need a guy who can lead.  I want Dan Quinn!

Especially when he brings Al Harris along with him.  Obviously he can round up a stud cast on the defensive side, but has relationships with the Shannahan tree as well.  I would anticipate him reaching out to Mike Lafleur with the Rams to probably run the offense.  I think Quinn is our guy.

I like that plan…. Quinn isn’t a choice for me but if could put together a top notch coaching staff on both sides of the ball then I’m good with it… even to the extent that he might not even be the play caller for the Defense… let a Al Harris who whomever take those sole duties… 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

NFLChick would you be kind enough to tell us what John discusses in the podcast, pleaes.  Thanks in advance.  :)  

I can't listen right now unfortunately, gotta finish some work. 

Maybe someone else can listen?

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don’t think this is significant.  They just worded these strangely to make is seem more so.

One of the 3 NBA hires wasn’t a former NBA HC.

One of the 2 NHL hires wasn’t a former NHL HC.  NHL is a league where any HC candidate is going to have some high level HC experience, just because there are so many junior and minor leagues.  No good coaches just stay as assistants for that long.

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Quinn took the Falcons to the Super Bowl. He had more success as a HC than either Carroll or Belichick in his first stint.

Quinn won a Super Bowl as a DC with Seattle. And immediately revived Dallas horrid defense. 

Your logic has gaping holes in it

And yet he finished with a barely 500 record with a prime Matt Ryan at QB (and Julio).  At the biggest moment, he couldn't order his OC to run the ball three straight times to bleed the clock and kick a FG that wins the Super Bowl.  Instead, Kyle gets cute and calls a pass that results in a sack that knocks Atlanta out of FG range.  That's not a leader.  That's not a coach on top of things.  He's the head coach.  Simply ordering Kyle to run the ball three straight times wins the super bowl.  THat's on him.

Kyle had more to do getting to that super bowl than Quinn did.  After Kyle left, the Falcons didn't even win the division the next year going 10-6.  After that, he goes 7-9 and then gets fired after an 0-5 start.  He's Jeff Fisher 2.0.  Fisher went to a super bowl too.  If Quinn was this defensive genius, then why did Atlanta become atrocious defensively under his watch?  

Quinn feasted on crappy teams like us and NYG to boost his defense in Dallas.  

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1

Sorry if this is a dumb question , but why did Byron Leftwich fall out of favor as a coaching candidate?  I thought Tom Brady raved about him as an excellent Xs and Os guy and also as a quarterback whisperer.  Add the fact that he’s from DC, and wouldn’t he be at least a name worth considering?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This organization with the crap stadium, facility and roster is 100% on Dan.  This is a rehab project.  Some coaches I gather might be enticed by the complete do over, some might be turned off.  

This a new narrative that’s developed only the the last 48 hours as a coping tool.

3 weeks ago the Commanders situation was unanimously the prime coaching spot and of all the openings flush with cap space, draft collateral, and regime change willing to spend. 

And that’s why the team was linked to the hottest coaching candidates.

Now the roster sucks and the facilities are substandard. Which no one has said anywhere other than a few posters in this board. 😂🤣

And SIP, I’m pretty sure I read a post of yours just a couple of days ago saying you thought the defense wasn’t lacking in talent… but failed because of coaching and thus can turn around pretty fast. Am I remembering incorrectly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK so maybe McDonald indeed didn't want to come

If this is true, then we absolutely DID NOT get our guy.   ...And are having to settle.  That's pretty devastating.  I saw a statistic that first time owners rarely get their first HC hire right.  It certainly feels like our next coach is gonna be a one contract coach already.   I hope that doesn't turn into reality.  

Edited by Redwards

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

And yet he finished with a barely 500 record with a prime Matt Ryan at QB (and Julio).  At the biggest moment, he couldn't order his OC to run the ball three straight times to bleed the clock and kick a FG that wins the Super Bowl.  Instead, Kyle gets cute and calls a pass that results in a sack that knocks Atlanta out of FG range.  That's not a leader.  That's not a coach on top of things.  He's the head coach.  Simply ordering Kyle to run the ball three straight times wins the super bowl.  THat's on him.

Kyle had more to do getting to that super bowl than Quinn did.  After Kyle left, the Falcons didn't even win the division the next year going 10-6.  After that, he goes 7-9 and then gets fired after an 0-5 start.  He's Jeff Fisher 2.0.  

Ron is Jeff Fisher 2.0

Y’all not gonna like this but I bet nice guy Dan Quinn would take the sting off of mean guy EB lol

I can see some of y’all’s heads literally exploding if it happened (it won’t) 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y’all not gonna like this but I bet nice guy Dan Quinn would take the sting off of mean guy EB lol

I can see some of y’all’s heads literally exploding if it happened (it won’t) 

Lol. Ron already did that

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Quinn took the Falcons to the Super Bowl. He had more success as a HC than either Carroll or Belichick in his first stint.

Quinn won a Super Bowl as a DC with Seattle. And immediately revived Dallas horrid defense. 

Your logic has gaping holes in it

Bro, this brought me peace.

• Like 2

If they are reopening the search to add new candidates, my guess is Pete Carroll. Best coach out there who does not need personnel control. Perfect bridge coach to get this team to respectability and then step away in 2-3 years and hand the reins to the next guy in hopefully a better candidate pool

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

And yet he finished with a barely 500 record with a prime Matt Ryan at QB (and Julio).

How many times did Dungy fail, even with Manning?

Ryan’s greatest success was with Quinn. It’s not like the Falcons took off without Quinn either.

im not a fan of Quinn but you’re doing the Chris Russell bit of holding different coaches to different standards to validate your point.

• Thumb up 1

Listened to the beginning of Keim’s podcast 

A . Heard the hire was going to happen towards the end of this week 

B. Johnson was the favorite but not a shoo In

C. They liked Mcdonakd but he likely wanted Seattle and this FO wasn’t fixated on Macdonald alone 

D. Vrabel not in play because he wants some personnel control 

E. Slowik wasn’t a serious contender here, seen as a year away 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

3 weeks ago the Commanders situation was unanimously the prime coaching spot and of all the openings flush with cap space, draft collateral, and regime change willing to spend. 

And that’s why the team was linked to the hottest coaching candidates.

Now the roster sucks and the facilities are substandard. Which no one has said anywhere other than a few posters in this board.

Both of these things are true though, we just now know which way the outside HC candidates leaned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Starting to feel like those in the league think less highly of Drake Maye than a lot of our posters and pundits.  Here I was thinking the #2 pick would be very attractive.

These coaches whose seasons are ending haven’t even begun doing their own evaluations of incoming talent. No way was that a factor imo even if it ends up being the case. These guys are 110% busy schedule wise during the season and just became free. I doubt most NFL coaches have a solidly grounded opinion on a guy like Maye other than what they’ve picked up through osmosis with the TV on in the background and their scouts’ murmurings, maybe 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

They're going to have to just hire the guy who can still put together a decent coaching staff since everybody is already signed now for next year. Should be interesting trying to do this all so late.

Pete is the guy with the best shot of doing so given his network. Being a coordinator for him is an attractive opportunity because it could be a coach in waiting position

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

These coaches whose seasons are ending haven’t even begun doing their own evaluations of incoming talent. No way was that a factor imo even if it ends up being the case. These guys are 110% busy schedule wise during the season and just became free. I doubt most NFL coaches have a solidly grounded opinion on a guy like Maye other than what they’ve picked up through osmosis with the TV on in the background and their scouts’ murmurings, maybe 

This isn't specific to Maye but Jay Gruden did say he thinks the first thing a coach would do is look at the top 3 QBs and decide if he thought any of them could be a franchise QB. If the answer was no, he wouldn't take the job because the roster was so bad and you're out of luck without a franchise QB

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, sinews said:

Both of these things are true though, we just now know which way the outside HC candidates leaned. 

The roster doesn’t suck. Again, 5 months ago… Rivera was heralded here by all for creating a solid roster full of young talent. One of the youngest teams in the league.

So good, that we just needed a franchise QB as the missing piece.

Then Rivera tanks the season and now the roster completely sucks. 

Coaching did this team in last year. It’s not a contending team as is… but it is not barren by any stretch.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

If that's true, why hasn't he been announced yet or even leaked as the guy they're closing in on?  

No idea. I hope they ignore the haters and re-open the interview process completely.  But the point is that it’s clear Quinn was a top candidate for them from the jump. Maybe they aren’t sold, but Keim called him being a finalist weeks ago when everyone else was taking Johnson for granted. That’s no accident. 

• Like 2