Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Yikes but also this roster is BAD. It is VERY VERY bad. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

You can thank row boat Ron for the bad roster..lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I have a hunch they’re poking around BB to understand how much control he’d be willing to relinquish. I think they’re talking to guys they hadn’t previously considered.

Hmmm.  Well, Florio would be happy if we hired him.

If it’s Quinn, just hire him now or else he may just go back Dallas. I don’t think he’s going to wait forever, especially knowing he could be Dallas’s next coach. He might just decide to wait.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yikes but also this roster is BAD. It is VERY VERY bad. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

I think this would play big into any potential younger coach hiring. Some coaches only get one shot

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Or...

image.png.767b9b1384ed45d98776c8e9c44cf8f6.png

My Buffalo Sabres did this just a few years ago with Ralph Krueger… who was signed from an English soccer club as some head honcho. It ended TERRIBLY as one would expect.

Regardless of the result… this process has been a clown show. 

How the hell do you get to where Peter’s is… and not have a shortlist of guys you’re ready to hitch your wagon to. Where are all those relationships that are built in the biz?

I said it about Bienemy too. 

• Like 2

I've learned that none of us know anything.  The buzz around johnson makes me never trust a speculative tweet ever again (shouldn't have in the first place) .  And I know even less about which coach is best...why was Johnson such a great idea anyway?  Because the lions offense was good?  What else? Did we expect that to instantly translate to success in Washington?  Macdonald, because he's a defensive guy our offense would suck but our players would like him?  We all like the idea of a young coordinator coach like the guy on the dolphins and our very own Sean mcvay and therefore no to anyone who's ever been a HC before?

We're all over the place.  We don't know ****.  Now we're angry about Peters not being firmly sat in some office for the last 48 hours?  We should stay excited about him. Team building doesn't happen in 48 hours.  

A coach is like a draft pick in this NFL world.  We will see.  We loved Johnson because some people said so. He was flaky, now we say we didn't want him anyway.  I like the idea of a diligent process.  And again, none of it will matter if the new QB sucks.  They're certainly keeping that in mind with this search, I'm sure.  

This "best destination" for a new HC with the high pick, the cap room, the new owner, the great GM...suddenly seems like more of a big undertaking and not a stroll down easy street.  There are no easy streets in the NFL.  So I suppose it's no surprise that we're taking longer than everyone else.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe coaching canidates were told Harris wants to do "The Process" and they want no part of it. Maybe Peter's is a control freak and scared every good candidate off. This is awful and a total joke. It feels like Dan and Bruce all over again.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 4

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone you don’t blame the monkey, you blame the guys who gave him the gun. Quinn is who he is. He’s not an unknown.

Peters and Harris played this like amateurs. Supposedly, Harris is such an experienced owner in sports and he looks like a complete chump right now. Had multiple coaches turn down offers. Not a good look. 

What are you talking about? They offered the job to none of those guys. They never even met Johnson and the Macdonald report posted earlier was fake, he didn’t have an offer from us. Slowik didn’t get an offer from anybody. Morris wasn’t offered the job. I’m not happy with the outcome of this process either but you don’t need to go into hyperbole “Bezos” mode. Nobody has yet turned down an offer because one hasn’t been made to the guys who went elsewhere (or stayed put). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

Talent wise it's going to take a couple years to build up a decent roster and obviously longer to get new facilities and stadium.  Rome wasn't built in a day

This is why I'm now open to New England Bill or Pete as a bride while we fix this mess that Dan and Ron made. We're clearly not an attractive option for younger coaches at the moment so please don't just settle on someone like Quinn at this point. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverskins said:

Classic Washington. Finally, get rid of the scumbag morons only to replace them with just morons. It's clear they didn't have a back up plan if Johnson fell through. Now we'll be lied to and be told that Quinn was the man all along and somehow he'll succeed even though he won't be able to get a proper OC so we'll be back to this crap in about 3 years.

Keim was reporting it wasn’t necessarily Johnson and that it could be Quinn (and that they loved Quinn) weeks ago. When everyone else was 100% on Johnson, Keim wouldn’t stop inserting Quinn into the conversation. Nobody likes it but Quinn sounds like he was the not-so-secret front runner from the jump. 

• Like 3

The speculation and comments here are hilarious.  Comparing the new owners and GM to Snyder and Bruce is mind boggling........The more likely scenario is we got turned down because of our terrible situation left behind by those idiots 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Keim was reporting it wasn’t necessarily Johnson and that it could be Quinn (and that they loved Quinn) weeks ago. When everyone else was 100% on Johnson, Keim wouldn’t stop inserting Quinn into the conversation. Nobody likes it but Quinn sounds like he was the not-so-secret front runner from the jump. 

If that's true, why hasn't he been announced yet or even leaked as the guy they're closing in on?  

33 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I do wonder if negotiations were an issue with Macdonald and Johnson. Both seem to want big money and years. Will be interested to hear the final numbers on Macdonald but he got 6 years.

I don’t think there is any chance that they were negotiating terms with Johnson.  They hadn’t even completed the interview process with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This is why I'm now open to New England Bill or Pete as a bride while we fix this mess that Dan and Ron made. We're clearly not an attractive option for younger coaches at the moment so please don't just settle on someone like Quinn at this point. 

Just my opinion. 

I agree totally,  we need stability 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

My Buffalo Sabres did this just a few years ago with Ralph Krueger… who was signed from an English soccer club as some head honcho. It ended TERRIBLY as one would expect.

Regardless of the result… this process has been a clown show. 

How the hell do you get to where Peter’s is… and not have a shortlist of guys you’re ready to hitch your wagon to. Where are all those relationships that are built in the biz?

I said it about Bienemy too. 

Hey!  Buffalo Sabres here too!  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, oraphus said:

Harris and Peters really fudged the pooch on this one eh?  the number 1 vacancy option and we are left to sort through the trash no one else wanted?  You're telling me they didn't know the roundpark figure of what Ben Johnson wanted before Det got kicked out of playoffs???   I'd be OK with Vrabel though 

We think we are #1 but in reality despite cap space and draft picks; we probably aren’t.

Realistically , probably only a handful of roster would start on other teams. We probably are just a step above an expansion team.

For young coach that might not be that desirable as their first job. Especially an offensive coach.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If that's true, why hasn't he been announced yet or even leaked as the guy they're closing in on?  

It was said they did a reset this week with the in person interviews.  I gather it might feel more even among candidates now or maybe someone new has emerged.

Agree something seemed to have shifted to make Quinn the slam dunk hire with Johnson out of the picture.  Or they are just sitting on this, negotiating the contract today and will announce tomorrow morning.  But if nothing happens tomorrow, am doubting its Quinn

• Like 3