Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

At this point,  I just want an official explanation from the FO on what the **** just happened and explain how we interviewed MacDonald on Monday, and he's going to another team now. It really looks like they were hedging all their bets on Ben Johnshon,   in which case I say **** you Ben Johnson!!!    

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

A strong draft is equally as important.   

I just wonder if there is something behind the scenes with either KC or 49ers.   More likely SF.   Perhaps someone on the SF staff is interested but wants to keep things quiet as all his attention needs to be on the playoffs and now SB.  

Virtual interviews aren’t automatically reported right?   Isn’t it possible that they have talked to someone that hasn’t been reported?   

I know it’s just a random thought and probably wrong.  

I just wonder if there is something behind the scenes with either KC or 49ers

You may be on to something!

We may be playing 4d chess here boys?

Question for the smart guys in the forum:

Are there any under the radar potential break out head coaches on either the 49ers or the Chiefs?

• Like 1

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

Are there any under the radar potential break out head coaches on either the 49ers or the Chiefs?

Wilks was mentioned early on but his playoff performance hasn’t been great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sinews said:

All I know is that I saw a report yesterday he was going to interview with Miami for their DC position. Not sure how that went or what his plans are now that Macdonald is off to Seattle. 

Wait… The guy who is considered the favorite for our head coach position is interviewing to be a DC? 

That’s reassuring :ols:

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why is Peters laughing it up at the Senior Bowl while we are floundering to find a coach? Is he out of that decision? If so I am getting an uneasy feeling. 

he is part of the decision.   It’s why I think there is a lot more going on that we don’t know about.   He is laughing it up because he isn’t freaking out like the fan base is.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

At this point,  I just want an official explanation from the FO on what the **** just happened and explain how we interviewed MacDonald on Monday, and he's going to another team now. It really looks like they were hedging all their bets on Ben Johnshon,   in which case I say **** you Ben Johnson!!!    

I'm not sure you understand what "hedging your bets" means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

he is part of the decision.   It’s why I think there is a lot more going on that we don’t know about.   He is laughing it up because he isn’t freaking out like the fan base is.  

I don't know. Being that every other team in the league at least has a football coach, don't you think the general manager should at least freak out a little bit?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Wait… The guy who is considered the favorite for our head coach position is interviewing to be a DC? 

That’s reassuring :ols:

Weaver was considered the favorite? Not to my knowledge but I'm definitely on board with him, at least over Quinn (who was/is considered the favorite, or at least I thought he was). 

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Then he should issue an official press conference explaining what the **** is going on and what exactly is the vision moving forward will be.   We are literally the last team without a head coach by now.   This is ****ing embarrassing and we need some accountability here.  

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Oh I know,  I want the ****ing team to publicly explain it....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

I don't know. Being that every other team in the league at least has a football coach, don't you think the general manager should at least freak out a little bit?

I’d be worried if this so called stud GM. Best new young GM in the league was running around chewing his nails and freaking out but that’s just me.  I prefer the idea that he knows a hell of a lot more than I do and he ain’t worried.  

• Like 2

Just now, srtman04 said:

Then he should issue an official press conference explaining what the **** is going on and what exactly is the vision moving forward will be.   We are literally the last team without a head coach by now.   This is ****ing embarrassing and we need some accountability here.  

No he shouldn’t. 

They shouldn’t say ****, to be honest. 

The only thing that can happen is it makes the situation worse.

”Hey everyone, welcome. So, I’m calling you guys here today that we missed out on our first, second, third, fourth and fifth choices. We’re currently debating offering our sixth choice but we’re up in the air.

But no worries, we’re actually going to get the guy we wanted the whole time because we’ve been playing possum. So give us a day or three weeks and we’ll have this all sorted.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

If they are opening up the search again, I would bring in Ejiro Evero. He is very respected around the league, and should be a HC sooner than later. He has SF ties (although not sure if they overlap with Peters stint).

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Harris and company should have started that process during the season. They’ve had plenty of time to research and meet the man. All these candidates may have faults but are great men. There was and is no rush. Every other team has hired their next coach. May not have been there number one choice. We have an important draft coming up that needs coaching input from position coaches and cordinators.

What makes you think they didn't start before the end of the season, at least in terms of research. Of course they did. And NO, they CANNOT meet with these guys during the season. There are rules around that, including when you can interview people if you have an opening. Not sure you can interview anyone with an NFL job if you don't have an opening. Someone who knows the rules better than me may say thats wrong. But I do know teams don;t like it and that would be thatg bad message you are tlking about. 

Adam Peters has part of 3 excellent organizations that reached several SBs. Do you really think he is just winging it here? Trust the process! 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Come on down Steve Spagnuolo,  Chiefs DC 😆 

Also, your post made me want to look at those 2 staffs....and the 49ers WR coach is none other than Leonard Hankerson.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Perfect retort!

I laughed so hard prune juice came out my nose and the funny thing is I was drinking milk at the time.

I couldn't decide whether to give you a laughing emoji, a thumbs up, or a vigorous double fisting, so I went with a well earned trophy!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I’d be worried if this so called stud GM. Best new young GM in the league was running around chewing his nails and freaking out but that’s just me.  I prefer the idea that he knows a hell of a lot more than I do and he ain’t worried.  

If he knows so much, why did he board the planet to Detroit ahead of time?

I must have really mellowed out in my thirties because I just don't understand the desperation and panic. The team won't be good next year, but at least we'll know a lot more about the direction we're headed afterwards. Right now it's just a bunch of soothsaying/doomsdaying and crystal balls. Nobody knows a damn thing or how it will shake out. Ride the wave or the process or whatever, get upset when there are actual results on the field to get upset about.

Too much putting the cart before the horse in this fanbase but I can't blame anyone because that's what we lived on for hope under Snyder. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, sinews said:

I must have really mellowed out in my thirties because I just don't understand the desperation and panic. The team won't be good next year, but at least we'll know a lot more about the direction we're headed afterwards. Right now it's just a bunch of soothsaying/doomsdaying and crystal balls. Nobody knows a damn thing or how it will shake out. Ride the wave or the process or whatever, get upset when there are actual results on the field to get upset about.

Too much putting the cart before the horse in this fanbase but I can't blame anyone because that's what we lived on for hope under Snyder. 

It’s called FOMO. It’s a real thing and sports fans aren’t immune to it.

• Thumb up 1